Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on winning national title: "It's going to happen"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,853

FB Update: Swinney on winning national title: "It's going to happen"

Dec 19, 2016, 1:28 PM

Swinney on winning national title: "It's going to happen"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this is how you win Mom on the recruiting visit

Dec 19, 2016, 1:35 PM

"What I need is a bunch of graduates that are committed to being the best human beings that they can be and young people that are leaving here ready for the next opportunity in their life."

We really need to…

Dec 19, 2016, 1:36 PM

win the next 2 games!

Clemson is truly blessed to have Dabo

Dec 19, 2016, 1:45 PM

I hope we are fortunate enough to keep him for many, many years to come. He will absolutely win multiple national titles with what he has built and continues to build.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

". . . regardless if I'm here . . ."

Dec 19, 2016, 1:55 PM

Well, I hope that's true, but Dabo is such a special breed of coach, one can't assume that's a true statement. If Dabo left for some reason, Clemson would be in a good place for whoever took over, but it takes a special kind of leader to keep that running consistently.

I have to assume that if and when Alabama came open, Dabo would take the offer seriously if he got it. And he very well may take that job in that case. BUT, I think many underestimate the strength of the ties for him at Clemson, and I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he'd take it if offered.

Re: ". . . regardless if I'm here . . ."

Dec 19, 2016, 2:13 PM

Think about Dabo's potential legacy at Alabama vs his potential legacy at Clemson. Best case he is playing for 3rd at Bama behind Bear and Saban.

A caller to the SiriusXM sports station a couple of weeks ago said it best. Something to the effect of "Alabama might want Dabo to leave Clempson but Dabo ain't leaving. Clempson gonna give him everything he wants to stay. Dabo gonna be Bobby Bowden of Clempson...".

That caller was an absolute scream both for what he said and how he said it. First thing he did was call out Kiffin for being the "immature cheese-it who needs another 5 years under Saban to mature...".

I heard that guy too.

Dec 19, 2016, 4:49 PM

Was laughing my head off and hoping he turns out to be right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 19, 2016, 4:47 PM [ in reply to ". . . regardless if I'm here . . ." ]

I agree. It would be a very difficult follow-up after what Saban has done. Anything less and the 'Bama fans would be up in arms. And my guess is the next coach, no matter who it is, would probably not be able to replicate what Nick has accomplished.

Dec 19, 2016, 6:33 PM

I surely hope that Dabo never leaves us for Bama, but i believe that Dabo could follow up with where Saban left off bc I believe that Dabo could and would bring in just as good and in some cases better talent than Saban bc Dabo is a much more likable coach than Nick is with a much more likable personality. But lets just hope that Clemson would do what ever it would take to keep Dabo right where he belongs, at Clemson University. It was Bama that almost took Dabo away from coaching maybe for ever if Tommy Bowden hadn't called Dabo back into coaching when he did at Clemson. Because of Clemson, Dabo has been put back into coaching now for as long as he wants to coach bc Clemson gave him the chance to prove himself as a quality D-1 FB coach. If not for that opportunity that was offered by Clemson, Dabo very well could have been selling real estate bc he had to settle into an employment that could forever support him and his family. After he had settled into stable employment as an accomplished real estate agent, he wouldn't have risk that future to be a position college FB coach bc those jobs can be as unstable as any job in the college FB field bc position coaches are a dime a dozen. Dabo wouldn't have left a stable upscale lively hood for his family and go back to a unstable job as a position coaching can be and is. Dabo was most likely 6 months to a year from being out of the coaching field for ever bc, he would have never left a stable future for his family for a risky position as a position coach. He wouldn't have ever done that I don't believe!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2016, 1:14 PM

You may be right about Dabo achieving great success at 'Bama. But I can't help but think about Danny Ford going to Arkansas back in the '90s. Great coach with a Natty under his belt, big program with an excellent history (Arkansas), but really no success. Or Saban going to the Dolphins a few years ago. No success. Sometimes, certain guys are meant to be at specific places at just the right time. Dabo is perfect for Clemson right now.

Re: FB Update: Swinney on winning national title: "It's going to happen"

Dec 19, 2016, 5:41 PM

Great Job with that answer Coach bc, there isn't a better answer than the one that you gave. Dabo Swinney has met his true calling, and I don't think that there is a better human being cut out for this job than Dabo Swinney. He really gets it, and his players are truely blessed to have Dabo as their coach in FB, and most importantly, their coach on how to be in life!!! If all the mothers and fathers really knew the HC behind Clemson FB, I believe our team would be over flowing full of the right kind of 5 star recruits/players, bc all those mothers and fathers of all the young men that are 5 star recruits, playing for Dabo at Clemson would be a must for their kids leaving home to be guided and mentored by a coach that they didn't know personally, but has seen the results of the young men that had moved on with their life after Clemson, Dabo and his staff!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is nobody else in this world I want as our Coach***

Dec 20, 2016, 9:15 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Best is the standard. That's what we have at head coach.***

Dec 20, 2016, 10:38 AM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,853
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic