Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: The Man in the Middle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: The Man in the Middle

Mar 11, 2012, 1:20 PM

The Man in the Middle

Linebacker Stephone Anthony has a new defensive coordinator and new scheme to learn, but last year's hard-learned lessons have made him confident. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: The Man in the Middle

Mar 11, 2012, 2:20 PM

There is no doubt he will flourish in Venables system. WoW 6'3" and 230lbs. He will also be a big run stopper.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the keyword is...

Mar 11, 2012, 3:41 PM

Fundamentals. Anthony was saying Venables is very strict on the little things, and he's a great teacher. Once some of the FR and SO get up to speed more, and if guys like Parker flourish with Venables too, I'm thinking the Tigers should have the #1 or #2 D in the ACC.

Best case scenario would be 2nd or 3rd

Mar 11, 2012, 3:59 PM

FSU is head and shoulders more talent on D then we do so if Venables can get our D into the top 3 in the ACC we should win most, if not all, of our games next year. Chad is going to do his thing with the Offense

I can't help but like Stephone Anthony's humbleness as it

Mar 11, 2012, 4:57 PM

applies to the starting MLB position and learning BV's defense.

By stating he is in a competition for the starting position and that the most important thing is to build his skill sets and team skill sets, he is confidently but not arrogantly asserting himself as a leader going into the 2012 season.

I like it! I remember Anthony Simmons leading the team and the league in tackles as a soph and junior in 1996 and 1997. Could Stephone Anthony step up into that stratosphere? Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It frustrates me...

Mar 12, 2012, 12:33 PM

to hear these guys talk about learning fundamentals and not getting it right on the practice field. Did Steele have to spend that much time on the playbook and not enough on teaching basics?
I'm really hoping that getting a 'good teacher' will propel this defense to where it should be (have been).

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic