Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joungers: GITT and tell me: What's your line between
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 553

Joungers: GITT and tell me: What's your line between

Oct 23, 2018, 12:43 PM

alcoholism and just having a few drinks?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Bend over and I'll show ya***

Oct 23, 2018, 12:43 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you go to buy a sandwich at lunch

Oct 23, 2018, 12:44 PM

and pull out your ID and hand it to the cashier out of sheer habit, you might be an alcoholic.

who are you asking for??

Oct 23, 2018, 12:44 PM

(it's ok to say me)

Asking for a friend. So not you***

Oct 23, 2018, 12:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you still upset about my airplane comment?

Oct 23, 2018, 1:01 PM

I generally 'average' 3 drinks (usually beer) per night, which doesn't seem like much, but that's over the supposed 'Binge-drinking' line on a weekly basis.

Most of us know how averages work...for every night I may only have 2 beers (like last night), there's a night I have 4....1 vs 5, etc....

The nights (or few consecutive nights) I opt not to drink (especially when I've got a nearby plethora of options in the fridge/cabinet) help reassure me that I just simply like drinking, as opposed to it being habitual or out of my control.

I'm the binge on weekend type compared to your consistency

Oct 23, 2018, 1:06 PM

During my busy time of the year, I'll drink pretty heavy on Saturday (anywhere from 5-10 beers) then 3-5 on Sunday depending on how trashed I got Saturday night. Monday-Friday though no beers and I don't drink before 5 pm.

During the slower part of my year, I'll drink Thursday-Saturday (sometimes Sunday too but rarely). One of those days will be heavy, the other two will be light.

Does it make me an alcoholic? Maybe. Who cares.

I very rarely go over 3 on a Mon-Thur night, and IF I do

Oct 23, 2018, 1:12 PM

they beers are generally of the lower alcohol content variety.

Saturday/Sunday...it just depends on when I start/what I'm doing. Yardwork? You better baleedat I'm going to publix first, to make sure I'm stocked up.

The key is to stop an hour before you go to bed

Oct 23, 2018, 1:13 PM

to get some water in you.

Takes me 1 beer to cut my front yard

Oct 23, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to I very rarely go over 3 on a Mon-Thur night, and IF I do ]

3 to cut the side yard and out by the road, then another 2-3 to finish up mowing the backyard. I can do my neighbors entire yard in 3 beers.

They really add up quick when doing yard work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, but then there's edging, trimming bushes

Oct 23, 2018, 1:40 PM

power washing, cleaning the grill, straightening up the garage, and whatever else i use as an excuse to ignore the kids and drink.

This is why riding lawn mowers are so glorious

Oct 23, 2018, 1:56 PM

You add a pull behind aerator and lawn sweeper to your arsenal and the amount of time you can spend riding the lawn mower drinking beer is almost infinite. Go up another level to get something with a front end loader, and you can ALWAYS find something to piddle around with.

I'm probably going to totally kill off, grade, and seed my next yard just because I can.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So close

Oct 23, 2018, 2:09 PM

Tractor is running again. Pretty sure I'm going for the 3025. I just need to sell my slightly used Kubota with over 5000 hours.

I thought you had a Mitsubishi?

Oct 23, 2018, 2:15 PM

Don't tell me you killed a Kubota.

Re: I thought you had a Mitsubishi?

Oct 23, 2018, 2:18 PM
01.jpg(187.1 K)
Kubota 005.jpg(149.2 K)

I had a mini mitsu, but I sold it and bought this Kubota without a loader during the first Natty.

I haven't killed the Kubota, I just had the electrical issue (now fixed) and the fuel issue (also resolved)

Should be able to get some decent money out of it

Oct 23, 2018, 2:24 PM

Ghana have to find the right buyer without a loader though. You axe about a trade in? They gave me like $300 more than the highest offer I had up to that point on my garden tractor, probably just to make the sale.

He's supposed to be getting back to me about

Oct 23, 2018, 2:33 PM

trade value. I just wasn't expecting it to be too much. Right now I would take 7, but I would also take 5.

1.5 per side depending on if I have it in 3rd or 4th gear***

Oct 23, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Takes me 1 beer to cut my front yard ]

3rd or 4th.....gear???

Oct 23, 2018, 1:58 PM

Gear?

You can't drink and drive a zero turn

Oct 23, 2018, 1:59 PM

I've tried it. It doesn't work.

That's why I refuse to get one

Same here, but non-hydro is pretty UDP man

Oct 23, 2018, 2:00 PM

Only way I can respect that is if it's one of those old school Snappers.

Old school craftsman

Oct 23, 2018, 2:03 PM

Sold a husqavarna hydro because transmission or whatever was shot.

Gotta get the actual 'garden tractor' if you want a decent

Oct 23, 2018, 2:09 PM

transaxle. My last one had a locking diff that was pretty nice. Didn't have much problem on my hills, which is what killed my first one.

These are pretty cool too

I don't have hills. The husq lasted 12 years before

Oct 23, 2018, 2:19 PM

finally breaking down. Got the craftsman from my uncle who had it for 14. Still works like a fugging charm.

YES YOU CAN. And you can hold a 3 year old on your lap

Oct 23, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to You can't drink and drive a zero turn ]

while drinking and running a zero-turn. It takes skill, practice, and acceptance of the fact that your kid might lose a foot but you aint dropping that beer.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YES YOU CAN. And you can hold a 3 year old on your lap***

Oct 23, 2018, 2:16 PM

Missing work/ family functions to or due to drinking.

Oct 23, 2018, 12:55 PM

That's the line. Showing up to work drunk is toeing the line too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you have just 1 drink and not drink anymore that night?

Oct 23, 2018, 12:58 PM

Do you plan your drinking nights out that week based on when you gotta get up and what you gotta do that day?

Do you feel like some nights you couldn't go to bed unless you had something to drink?

Me neither.................................................................................................................

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

cotdamn tickle, you don't have to call a guy out like that***

Oct 23, 2018, 12:59 PM

It's not me

Oct 23, 2018, 1:19 PM

It's THE THIRST

most times, when 'only one drink' is the only option, I'll

Oct 23, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Can you have just 1 drink and not drink anymore that night? ]

choose NOT to drink, period...like why waste that ONE beer, if there isn't another 1 or 2 behind it.

Not sure if that's 'good' or bad.

Preach. Why ingest the calories if you aint achieving

Oct 23, 2018, 1:50 PM

drunken shenanigans

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say if you are generally a happy while drinking

Oct 23, 2018, 1:04 PM

person, as in, occasional loud "Go Tigers" during the ballgame, afterwards turn on some good music, and fire up the grill and throw some steaks on...threshold is probably pretty high.

If you're an angry, cussin' at the ref and breaking chit during the ballgame, yellin' at the wife afterwards (God forbid smackin' her around), passin' out before you get the grill lit kinda drunk....then thass a problem.

I'd say the line is the manner in which you handle it. Nobody minds a friendly drinker, everybody hates an emotional drunk.

If drinking causes you to "woo hoo" at games,

Oct 23, 2018, 1:07 PM

get help

FIFY

Oct 23, 2018, 1:12 PM

get help KYS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Alcoholism would be having physical withdawals

Oct 23, 2018, 1:30 PM

after a few days without I guess.

I don’t drink on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday, just kind of proving to myself every week that I don’t have to have it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

7***

Oct 23, 2018, 1:35 PM

Re: Joungers: GITT and tell me: What's your line between

Oct 23, 2018, 2:22 PM

There is no line. If you’re not either a raging alcoholic or a functional one, are you really living?

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Found 7spots' scok***

Oct 23, 2018, 2:24 PM

Replies: 38
| visibility 553
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic