Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's Talk and Unite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Let's Talk and Unite

Jun 11, 2020, 9:44 AM

Ok, real talk.

From a Black perspective, we are combatting systemic racist symbols and actions. Most of my white friends don't have a problem with that.

However, I am understanding that many whites are feeling like something far more sinister is at work, ANTIFA or Marxist in nature. Is this correct?

They evidence the protestors taking over the abandoned PD building in Seattle. We have to be careful of media. I was watching Tucker Carlson talk about the "racist protestors," meanwhile, white protestors were seen in the background wilding out.

Here's what I will tell you. Blacks have been some of the more law-abiding citizens in this country (minus poverty-related crime) in America, despite the crap that have been levied on us.

We are the LAST group to want some Marxist crap going on in America. And...we cool with whites. lol.

The ONLY riots that Blacks have started always happens when police have unjustly killed or abused us and justice not be served. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thougth is you should concentrate on learning a few facts

Jun 11, 2020, 9:53 AM

before you do some "real talk."

Like reading the FBI crime statistics.

Re: My thougth is you should concentrate on learning a few facts

Jun 11, 2020, 10:20 AM

Bengal Billy, am I coming at you negatively? Are you not able to respectfully articulate your views, or do you typically explode in violent verbal vitriol. Hmm, you might be the problem as to why we cannot find common ground.

If you would like for me to consider a source, please provide it sir.

Wait a minute...

Jun 11, 2020, 12:07 PM

So you made a statement without any evidence to support your contention (e.g., blacks have been some of the more law-abiding citizens in this country (minus poverty-related crime) in America, despite the crap that have been levied on us), yet when the poster challenges that statement based on data form the FBI, you want proof or a link? Where was your proof or a link?

Asking for a friend.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You are kind and thoughtful...

Jun 11, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: My thougth is you should concentrate on learning a few facts ]

you deserve more respect than this...sorry you need to be exposed to people like this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's Talk and Unite

Jun 11, 2020, 9:56 AM

Can you define what are “systemic racist actions”?

I agree there are instances of racism in America that are evil. But I don’t believe America is a systemically racist place. There are no laws or rules different for Americans based on race.

Jun 11, 2020, 10:06 AM

Thank you for engaging.

Over the past two weeks, CEO's have been outed for their racist statements (not anti-BLM stuff). Is it possible that their ideology could seep into practices?

Have you thought about the generational wealth gap that exists? Did you know that when White and Black soldiers got back from War, the G.I. Bill gave land to white soldiers and not black?

Are you familiar with Red-lining?

Are you familiar with the history associated with erecting Confederate monuments? Did you know that it happened in response to any advancements in race relations.

The George Floyd murder. Talk to Blacks, this is nothing new, only new to America.

I appreciate your dialogue, but already there is poster that is coming at me with vitriol instead of conversation.

I love Clemson and I want us to be united, but that can only truly happen when you start seeing what we see and experience.

Jun 11, 2020, 10:44 AM

I am glad to have conversation too. I appreciate the civil discussion. Just to comment on some of your points:

Yes I agree there can be CEOs who have made racist comments. But if you can’t show any examples of their business being racist then I don’t think this could qualify as systemic racism. If businesses are doing something that is discriminatory based on race, this is illegal by federal law and they will be prosecuted.

Redlining has been made illegal since 1968.

The men who killed George Floyd were wrong and are being prosecuted.

I understand the argument with taking down confederate monuments. I can somewhat agree with that and though the images might encore negative feelings, I don’t think that is anything that is holding people back from freedoms that other Americans have.

Message was edited by: CTiger18®

Jun 11, 2020, 12:24 PM

My friend, THIS is the one thing that we wanted. Unfortunately, THIS has been happening to the Black community for years!!!

The marches now are more for Justice Reform. I, for one, am NOT in favor of defunding the police. That's freakin silly to me.

Reform is needed.

Historically, there has been an effort to jail many Black men. Please, don't react negatively to me, let me give you some things to research.

Iran Contra Scandal

Freeway Rick Ross (not the rapper), but the actual drug king pin who talks about WHO supplied him with the drugs to put in the community.

The meeting between record executives and prison industry executives. At this meeting executives were told to focus on producing and playing rap that promoted violence, drug dealing, and drugs. This will influence many and will lead to an increase in illegal behavior.

You know about the PD in Alabama where they planted drugs and caused thousands of men of color to be jailed?

Do you know about the chemist that purposefully contaminated drug samples and sent folks to jail?

How is it than armed men can storm the state grounds in Michigan because they wanted businesses opened back up? Blacks were not arming themselves, rather marching in protest.

Jun 11, 2020, 10:04 AM

The man that murdered George Floyd is in jail. So what is/are the protests about?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 10:05 AM

The man that murdered George Floyd is in jail. So what is/are the protests about?

Jun 11, 2020, 10:05 AM

Jun 11, 2020, 10:18 AM

Good question my friend.

Well, I think it's a culmination of basically, "We've been here before." Folks are tired. Some of been jailed, but then found not guilty.

I think many are making the statement that we as Americans...no...as humans, need to do better.

Do you know that across the world they are experiencing the same thing, Blacks being killed by officers?

In Australia, the dark Aborigines have been discriminated.

This is so deep.

For you scholars, read "Stamped From the Beginning" by Kendi.

You will realize the depth of racism. Now is the time where we are choosing to be better.

White Tiger I appreciate your conciliatory stance

Jun 11, 2020, 10:53 AM

You are slow to anger, logical and persistent, all representative characteristics of a good leader. Thank you. I will listen to whatever you have to say. We may not agree, but guaranteed we will learn from each other.
We’re all smarting one way or another from all that’s happening. Staying calm in the face of all this disruption is the key.

Re: White Tiger I appreciate your conciliatory stance

Jun 11, 2020, 10:56 AM

Thank you sir. I represent a lot of African Americans, some conservative, some liberal, most moderate. We ALL love our country.

I can guarantee you that if anyone is trying to make this a lawless land, I will be right there fighting besides you all.

I say this to my ultra conservative and ultra liberal friends, DO NOT fall for the propaganda on both sides.

Jun 11, 2020, 10:06 AM

But why remove all the symbols (history) from the past. Learn from it and don’t repeat it. Education is the key, teach and learn from the mistakes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 10:14 AM

Yes, we should learn from it. I advocate keeping it in a museum.

The Confederacy separated from our Government, they wanted to be a separate nation. Let that sink in. Obama's presidency lasted longer than the Confederacy.

Ben Tillman was not just a racist (many were during that time), he openly bragged about killing Blacks. Those who chose to rename it Tillman Hall were not the good-hearted folks that you are today.

As I say & practice..

Jun 11, 2020, 10:27 AM

be kind to all..with a smile, keep your hands & mean-spirited words to yourself, have an ice cream cone once a day and even shag (dance, your choice) to some cool music.

How was that?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on!

Jun 11, 2020, 10:54 AM

Yes! Lightbulbbill, WE can get along just fine!

Jun 11, 2020, 10:24 AM

Only one person could unite us. Johnny Unitas. But he died in 2002.

Jun 11, 2020, 10:37 AM

White Tiger, you have proven part of the problem. You only mentioned whites when the subjects to racism. If you don't believe there are as many racists black people as whites, then you are uneducated in the subject. I would believe the entire network of Blacks Lives Matter is racist. Racism comes in all forms, shapes, and races.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 10:50 AM

Am I? I never said, "Only whites."

Understand, people have biases and prejudices. The problem comes when people purposefully harm and prevent others from being successful based on their race.

Are there Blacks that dislike whites, probably? Have you experienced what they have experienced? If what happened or happens to many of you what we experience, you all would be armed and ready for war. We seek equal justice, not revenge.

I've been around my white friends who would get in heated arguments with police and I'm siting there like, "Dude, please stop!!!"

I am not the problem. Let's dialogue.

The historical symbols of the Confederacy

Jun 11, 2020, 11:05 AM

Should not be destroyed. That’s what authoritarian regimes do. Rather those monuments should either be moved or come with historical explanations. They are invaluable for teaching generations to come real history lessons.

Jun 11, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's Talk and Unite ]

Go back and read what you originally wrote. You only mentioned whites in a negative manner. Most of the looters are black and most of the violent acts have been by blacks. I am no racist but don't hide the facts like all the media is doing. Yesterday, a mob of blacks jumped a white family at Myrtle Beach and beat them to a pulp. They were merely walking to the beach and got jumped. So tell the whole truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 12:08 PM

I appreciate your honesty and candor.

If we only watch liberal or conservative news sources, we all can be influenced.

Did you know that there were pallets of bricks left in the middle of the streets in Atlanta?

Did you know about Officer Pederson in Minneapolis that was breaking windows at the AutoZone?

Did you not see the Blacks who were stopping whites from destroying stuff?

Yes, I saw Blacks wilding out, and I saw whites wilding out. All bad in my opinion.

Systemic racism does not mean that the folks on this board is taking part, it simply means that some of you have and are benefiting.

I for one do not want to take anything from anyone, but just make sure that race does not make it more difficult for me to be successful.

I would say your rhetoric is only whites are racist***

Jun 11, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's Talk and Unite ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 11, 2020, 11:06 AM

White_Tiger,
I can not relate to what you and other blacks have experienced growing up. But when cities like Atlanta, Minneapolis, Baltimore, NY, and LA say that their cities have a systematic racist problem and make it look like all white people are racists. That can't be further from the truth. All those cities have been run from the police chief to the mayor by progressive liberals for many years. I agree even one innocent black man is killed by police its a tragedy. In 2015 there were 28 such killings and in 2009 there were 9. As I stated earlier everyone is a tragedy and needs to be looked at closely to see why and if it can be fixed. But not all these killings had to do with race. Some were Black cops on black youths. but do you know the numbers of unarmed whites killed by police in 2019? 19. So to say this in a black problem when more whites are being killed it just a wrong narrative. In some cases it's a bad cop being a bad cop. in other cases it's a cop that is trying to protect themselves from a criminal. Take the Michael Brown in Ferguson case. The police was not charged and riots stated because of it. Well why wasn't the police charged? The young man with Michael Brown said he had his hands up and said don't shoot. Well the cop said that Michael was trying to take his gun from him and he was afraid that Michael would use it on him if he got it. So it looks like a he said he said argument. Well until multiple witness all Black said the cops was telling the truth and Michael was indeed trying to unarm the cop. My feelings are if you treat someone how you want to be treated then everything would be ok. But my experience is that doesn't always work. I can tell you I've been treated far worse by people of all colors than I have treated them. I don't judge people by what others say because I've found that just because someone doesn't like someone doesn't mean they are a bad person and I've gotten along with them fine. I grew up in Goose Creek and when I was in elementary school the Goose Creek High School had to bring in the national guard to put down the riots. My brother was in high school at the time and one thing that he noticed was none of the football players were involved in the riots. They didn't have a problem with each other on the team. They were used to being around each other and didn't see it as a problem.

Jun 11, 2020, 11:34 AM

The majority of blacks and whites want peace and quite. There will always be racism toward
Blacks, Whites, Asian, Indians, Latino and etc. I believe MLK was a great leader and would be a
great leader today.

Injustice may call for a protest, however, many times the real issue(racism) gets lost when the protest is hijacked by rioters, looters, arsonist, criminals and in general "bad characters" (black and white) who do not care about anyone but themselves.

Thanks you for starting this "conversation".

Jun 11, 2020, 11:37 AM

I appreciate your calm manner for discussion. As a white 'German-American', I see there are outrageous actions done every day. Most are ignored. Some are emphasized for political reasons. This whole thing is about politics. The AA Community is being incited to keep the country in disarray until November.

I really think this does more harm than good for the AA community in general. We have now weaponized everything as potentially racist towards AA folks while equally racist comments coming back to non-AA folks are ignored.

Horrible things, like what happened to Floyd, happen EVERY DAY and to EVERY race of people! It's how we react to them that makes the difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jun 11, 2020, 12:28 PM

Can we agree that there are those that incite us on both sides of the political spectrum?

I have literally laid my life on the line to save a white guy on Bourbon St against 5 unsavory dudes, I swear on my grandmother's grave. So when I tell you that I love people, I do.

Let's hold everyone accountable if we see injustice, and let's focus on being good people. If we do that...especially the first part, then the extremes in our society will be just that, the extremes.

Jun 11, 2020, 2:56 PM

absolutely, and in this case it's coming from the side trying to get the current president out. Both sides will trade our lives for their goals. Let's not pretend any of this is about our good welfare.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jun 11, 2020, 12:25 PM

I have good reasons for not wanting to listen to the black perspective. And will do so only when blacks stop the our way or no way demands. 2 of the biggest reasons need to be addressed by the black community or I have no desire to hear anything from them.

1. Put as much passion into black on black crime.

2. Stop using the N word with each other and yes this includes music.

There's more but these two are obvious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jun 11, 2020, 3:04 PM

Heck yes! Thanks for having the balls to say what you are thinking, unlike the liberals. You are exactly right.

I'm not apologizing for white culture. It's not my fault the black culture is what it is. But you know what, I *can* draw a direct link between the democratic policies over the last 60 years and the lack of progress of the overall black community. That is the cause - the weak-hearted "let's give them something" and I'll feel better thing. Or for politicians "I'll promise you a freebie if you vote for me."

Doesn't work over the long term. The proof is before your eyes.

I've never heard so much bull$hit as I've heard recently about how white people need to think about things. If blacks cannot understand they will get nowhere until the majority of black kids are doing very well in school and going to college, then I have no sympathy. How far are we from most black kids doing well in school and a large percent going to college? Generations is the answer, unfortunately, if it ever happens at all.

With the media spewing propaganda like the Nazis in the 1930s it's a wonder 95% of the country has not folded under the pressure. If the media was just neutral, voting would be 75% or more for conservatives.

Social Contract

Jun 11, 2020, 12:29 PM

Can we agree that there are those that incite us on both sides of the political spectrum?

I have literally laid my life on the line to save a white guy on Bourbon St against 5 unsavory dudes, I swear on my grandmother's grave. So when I tell you that I love people, I do.

Let's hold everyone accountable if we see injustice, and let's focus on being good people. If we do that...especially the first part, then the extremes in our society will be just that, the extremes.

You have my back, and I'll have yours.

Ben Tillman

Jun 11, 2020, 1:01 PM

The then 29-year-old Tillman led the members of the Sweetwater Sabre Club, a.k.a. the Edgefield Redshits, against a local militia group, all black. Several African-American militia men were killed in a pitched battle with red-shirt-wearing white terrorists. After the militia surrendered, five of them were called out by name and executed. A few weeks later, when vigilantes captured a black state senator named Simon Coker, Tillman was present when two of his men executed the prisoner while he was on his knees praying.

Later, the terrorist leader Tillman explained his intentions on that fateful July 8 day: "It had been the settled purpose of the leading white men of Edgefield to seize the first opportunity that the Negroes might offer them to provoke a riot and teach the negroes a lesson; as it was generally believed that nothing but bloodshed and a good deal of it could answer the purpose of redeeming the state from Negro and carpetbag rule." In a 1909 speech at a Red Shirt reunion in Anderson, Tillman reiterated this point, noting that he believed in "terrorizing the Negroes at the first opportunity by letting them provoke trouble and then having the whites demonstrate their superiority by killing as many of them as was justifiable."

He added, "That we have good government now is due entirely to the fact that Red Shirt men of 1876 did all and dared all that was necessary to rescue South Carolina from the rule of the alien, the traitor, and the semi-barbarous negroes."

Jun 11, 2020, 1:27 PM

White_Tiger
Starter [358]
TigerPulse: 78%
Let's Talk and Unite [6]
Posted: Jun 11, 2020 9:44 AM

Ok, real talk.

From a Black perspective, we are combatting systemic racist symbols and actions. Most of my white friends don't have a problem with that.

However, I am understanding that many whites are feeling like something far more sinister is at work, ANTIFA or Marxist in nature. Is this correct?

They evidence the protestors taking over the abandoned PD building in Seattle. We have to be careful of media. I was watching Tucker Carlson talk about the "racist protestors," meanwhile, white protestors were seen in the background wilding out.

Here's what I will tell you. Blacks have been some of the more law-abiding citizens in this country (minus poverty-related crime) in America, despite the crap that have been levied on us.

We are the LAST group to want some Marxist crap going on in America. And...we cool with whites. lol.

The ONLY riots that Blacks have started always happens when police have unjustly killed or abused us and justice not be served. Thoughts?

FACT OF THE MATTER IS I COULD GIVE A SH!T WHAT COLOR YOU ARE. YOU ARE EITHER A GOOD PERSON OR A BAD PERSON. YOU EITHER OBEY THE LAW OR YOU DO NOT. THE COP IN MINN. SHOULD FRY. THAT WAS BEYOND SICKENING. EVERYONE IN AMERICA SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE PROTESTING, PEACEFULLY. BUT A FEW BAD APPLE HAVE TO COME IN AND MESS UP EVERYTHING. THOSE THUGS ARE WHITE AND BLACK. THEY ARE PAID TROUBLEMAKERS THAT SHOULD BE HANDLED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND HOW A BLACK PERSON FEELS AT A TRAFFIC STOP. ALL I KNOW IS DO WHAT I WAS TAUGHT. HANDS ON STEERING WHEEL, YES SIR, NO SIR. IN A GREAT MAJORITY OF CASES THAT WILL WORK. I HAVE A GREAT DEAL OF BLACK FRIENDS THAT I JUST CONSIDER FRIENDS. AND TRUST ME THERE ARE MANY WHITE PEOPLE I WOULD NOT #### ON IF THEY WERE ON FIRE. A LOT OF THIS SO CALLED "FIGHT" SADLY HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY THE POLITICIANS WHICH I AM AFRAID WILL LEAD NOWHERE MUCH LIKE IT HAS SINCE LBJ. US NORMAL PEOPLE GONNA HAVE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I THINK.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 2:51 PM
cops-klled.png(134.7 K)

@WWhitetiger thanks for posting. The country needs more reasonable people like you.

Here's the issue - whites are not racist if you define racism as believing another race is inferior or if you define it as wanting the other race to go away.

White people are afraid of crime.

Unfortunately, due to poverty, blacks commit over 50% of homicides and 60% of robberies while they make up less than 15% of the population. Why is this my (a white person's) fault?

Every night on local news we see mugshots of criminals - mostly black.

We see blacks riot in the streets, breaking into stores and leaving with big-screen TVs and shoes. We hear blacks and BLM chant "death to cops" and follow-through on it. See attached image. I mean these people are chanting death to cops and some are killing cops!!! ###?

There are 10,001 reasons why a black male growing up in the projects should not be there. However, that fact cannot be changed by GIVING him or his family money, free health care, changing names of streets, tearing down statues, rioting.

If there is one concept that will universally help, it is education. My kids went through public schools and I can you as fact that blacks in school are terrorized if they make good grades. They are teased and bullied by the thugs who could care less. THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

The liberals have eliminated discipline in schools so black kids know they are untouchable. So what if they get suspended or expelled. So what? The kids know the schools do not want to do that because it gives the schools bad ratings. The things the liberals/democrats have done over the years have made it nearly impossible for a large percent of blacks to beat generational dependence.

Jun 11, 2020, 4:25 PM

White people are also scared to death of being labeled racists. We can't even have this argument anymore without fear of losing our jobs or being called a bad people. Or if we do try to bring both sides into the race discussion it's always countered with "you can't make that argument because you don't know what it's like to be black". I think (like many other people in here)I have more of an issue with the liberal media who try to over exaggerate problems for their benefit. It is one thing to expose people to inequalities that exist, but when people are oversaturated with it, it makes the problem worse than it really is. Call me blind- but I've lived, worked, and associated, with a diverse group of people my entire life. I'm not in denial of racial injustices- I just feel many good people are misrepresented.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic