Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I remember watching Willy Korn on TV his SR year and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I remember watching Willy Korn on TV his SR year and

Aug 27, 2017, 11:42 AM

coming away with the feeling he was overrated. I watched Trevor Lawrence last night and came away feeling he's somehow underrated despite being arguably the #1 player in the 2018 class. I haven't seen Fields yet, but i can't imagine he's a better QB prospect than Lawrence because Lawrence is the best HS QB prospect I've ever watched. PERIOD. The arm strength and accuracy are just ridiculous and he's incredibly mobile for a "pocket passer" of his size.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember watching Willy Korn on TV his SR year and

Aug 27, 2017, 11:51 AM

I did not get to watch Korn except in a 7-on-7 at Hoover AL prior to his coming to CLEMSON, but I saw him on TV playing against Gaffney in a losing battle. I felt like the Gaffney QB was better in that game, so I was just hoping that Korn was just having a bad game. He was the absolute best QB in the 7-on-7 that I witnessed, so I was okay with Korn. When he was injured, it changed everything for him IMO. I'm not sure I can ever say he was overrated due to his injuries.

But wow - Trevor Lawrence is absolutely the best HS QB I have witnessed since I saw Chris Leak play years ago. He is better than Leak IMO, and Leak was possibly the first QB to start in the SEC as a freshman. I might be wrong about that, but typically, freshmen QB's did not ever start in the SEC in those days.

My only concern is - if I am one of our existing QB's and I watched TL play, I might be a little nervous because this guy is awesome.

Aug 27, 2017, 12:42 PM

First one I can remember was Eric Zeier at UGA in 1991.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 12:46 PM

Quincy Carter (1998) also started as a true freshman at UGA. Carter actually started Game 1, Zeier didn't start until later on his freshman year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carter had played Pro Baseball at that point though***

Aug 27, 2017, 12:53 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched Willy against the team from Florida

Aug 27, 2017, 11:56 AM

he had a couple good runs and a stiff arm I will always remember. Other than that, Lattimore was the standout and Willy was...meh.

I agree with your thoughts completely.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Belle Glades, that was the team from florida.***

Aug 27, 2017, 11:56 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 12:06 PM

I agree on both points. I was out of state few a few years and when I came back all I heard was how good Willy Korn was. I got my first chance to see him on espn vs Mohler and I was thoroughly underwhelmed. He threw like four picks. I also watched the Gaffney game and came away underwhelmed again. As a tiger fan I wanted to be wrong but I told people before he came to Clemson that he was overrated. I was never really excited about him and never bought into the hype. Trevor Lawrence is a different story. He's the best I've seen on the high school level period. I've seen Field's film and I am impressed but there should not even be any kind of debate over who the top QB in this class is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ EXACTLY unless

Aug 27, 2017, 2:35 PM

you're a bunch of bias lying prejudiced Bastarrds from ESPN!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2017, 5:12 PM

I never got to see Korn play in high school, but I seem to remember Plyler hyping this kid through the roof, so it was disappointing I never saw him in his prime.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic