Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Being shut out twice is this RIVALRY series can only mean
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Being shut out twice is this RIVALRY series can only mean

Mar 3, 2013, 5:28 PM

one thing.....Jack must go. He hasn't solved the problems on offense while continuing to let us slide on defense. Dude has jumped the shark. Time for everyone to face it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being shut out twice is this RIVALRY series can only mean

Mar 3, 2013, 5:32 PM

Yep, time to go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2013, 5:38 PM

will not happen-unfortunately Jack is never held to standards.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of the coaches are not held to standards.

Mar 3, 2013, 5:52 PM

Maybe it will change with the new AD.

Playing devils advocate again...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:05 PM

Wouldn't judging Jack's recent success against one team that has played for three National Titles and won two, be a little overboard? I mean, by that measure, every coach isn't cutting it, except Arizona's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

^^^has perspective^^^***

Mar 3, 2013, 6:26 PM

Re: Playing devils advocate again...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Playing devils advocate again... ]

well then judge Jack by programs that we used to DOMINATE!! like UVA, UNC,NCUS and we played FSU even up! the dirty c$$t were not even close to us then but now???? we are not even close to them.. I know alla bout the recruiting advantages they have and we refuse to use "chemicals" in our weight training but????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Won't happen because college baseball isn't like college...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Being shut out twice is this RIVALRY series can only mean ]

football, where coaches are fired over knee jerk reactions. Sorry, but you don't fire a Hall of Fame coach because of the success of one team in all of college baseball.

Re: Won't happen because college baseball isn't like college...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:19 PM

No you don't fire him because of one series. You do not make a change because of one bad year. The problem is the body of work over the last 5 years shows a steady decline in our program and that is why you make a change. It is not just what we have done vs the chickens although I think we have only won 8 of the last 28 against them. So it is a little more than just one series against USC that is reason for concern. Bobby Bowden was a HOF coach as well and we all know how letting him hang on for far too long worked out for the Noles.......set their program back years.

Years? in Jimbo Fisher's second season FSU won the...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:25 PM

ACC and the Orange Bowl. Get your facts straight first, before you post. In 4 of the past 5 seasons, we have made it to the playoffs. In 2 of the past 5 seasons we have made it to the College World series. You're still basing your opinion off of the success of the shamecocks. Also, your acting as if the shamecocks has never been good in baseball. Baseball is the one sport the coots have actually been good in over the years.

Re: Years? in Jimbo Fisher's second season FSU won the...

May 18, 2013, 8:07 AM

Basing or comparing Clemson to anything that does or does not happen in cootlumbia is kind of (what's the word) Pathetic!!! Having the chips fall as they did with Tanner had a lot to do with Tanner being just another good coach and a lot of luck fell Tanner's way. It doesn't mean that Tanner is a better coach than Jack. Remember the coots first world series title came from last out, last strike from knocking them out when luck showed up with a hot hitter in Bradly Jr. And that gave them the belief they needed to get the extra charge to make it happen. A good team took it from better teams, and they were the better team the next year when they won again. Sheet happens!!! I believe Jack still has what it takes to be a winner. But he will also need for luck to do it's thing for him sometime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2013, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Won't happen because college baseball isn't like college... ]

No you don't fire him because of one series. You do not make a change because of one bad year. The problem is the body of work over the last 5 years shows a steady decline in our program and that is why you make a change. It is not just what we have done vs the chickens although I think we have only won 8 of the last 28 against them. So it is a little more than just one series against USC that is reason for concern. Bobby Bowden was a HOF coach as well and we all know how letting him hang on for far too long worked out for the Noles.......set their program back years.

Mar 3, 2013, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Won't happen because college baseball isn't like college... ]

ONE TEAM??????????? UVA, UNC, NCSU.. the list IS LONG!!TECH is @ least as good as us

We can't hit lefthanded pitching.

Mar 3, 2013, 5:41 PM

nm

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Everything is jacks fault. Right. Go away pole smoker***

Mar 3, 2013, 5:47 PM

^^defended tommy Bowden in early October 2008***

Mar 3, 2013, 5:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't know if that's true about said poster, but if you….

Mar 3, 2013, 5:59 PM

were defending Tommy Bowden past the 2004 season then you have zero credibility. But aside from that, Jack Leggett is a Hall of Fame coach who has been to the College World Series plenty of times. Last I checked Tommy Bowden never won a conference title and never made it to a BCS bowl game. So anybody comparing Tommy Bowden to Jack Leggett, also has zero credibility.

Re: Everything is jacks fault. Right. Go away pole smoker***

Mar 3, 2013, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Everything is jacks fault. Right. Go away pole smoker*** ]

who else has run our Tigers into the ground????name him!! I will check back

Mar 3, 2013, 5:49 PM

The sad thing is he was shutout by a first year coach...I have to question that!

A first year coach with the last coaches players***

Mar 3, 2013, 5:56 PM

Remember Ken Hatfield won the ACC his first two years….

Mar 3, 2013, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Being shut out twice is this RIVALRY series can only mean ]

with Ford's players. And we all know how things turned out after those first two seasons.

Be glad we didn't get swept….

Mar 3, 2013, 5:55 PM

we are a very young team this season that lost most of our best hitters from last season. Unlike SCU, we don't hold tryouts for players from all over the state every year, so when we lose a number of good players it takes a little more time for us to reload. Or would you like us to be like SCU and string a bunch of kids along that don't have a shot at making the team, when they have offers from other schools?

I'd rather win.***

Mar 3, 2013, 5:57 PM

Mar 3, 2013, 6:38 PM

Being shut out twice in this RIVALRY can mean only one thing..... We got shut out twice in this RIVALRY.
As far as Jack,he ain't going nowhere till the end of the season.And even then I doubt he goes anywhere!

Mar 3, 2013, 7:10 PM

i agree!

Let's let the season play out before hanging him.

Mar 3, 2013, 7:14 PM

You may be right, but it ain't time right now.

May 17, 2013, 12:48 AM

Bump for giggles.

Its tough

May 17, 2013, 2:27 AM

When what you say or think is wrong. I expect a full retraction of the op and a heartfelt apology

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Come on out and take your medicine.***

May 17, 2013, 9:50 AM

If by jumping the shark you mean Fonzie cool, yes Jack is!***

May 17, 2013, 7:44 AM

some of yall are fairweather

May 18, 2013, 8:28 AM

Your coach is great win you win but needs to be fired when you lose.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic