Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Being old and retired sucks...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Being old and retired sucks...

Apr 25, 2014, 7:50 AM

but not like being young and having to work so I'm going fishing again today! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being old and retired sucks...

Apr 25, 2014, 7:59 AM

It's not bad, and ever so much better than working ever was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

u graduated Clemson in 88 and

Apr 25, 2014, 8:09 AM

Already retired? congratulations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yeah - whaddup wit dat ? & complaining about it to boot !***

Apr 25, 2014, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I'm fishing tomorrow a.m. We have a 3 1/2 acre pond filled

Apr 25, 2014, 8:08 AM

with bass and bream. I've caught a couple of Warmouth last year. Biggest fish I've ever taken from it is an 8 lb bass and a 1.75 lb bream. My favorite place to be in the fall. Have fun CT1988 and catch a few.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You get me close to that pond and I'll show you something.

Apr 25, 2014, 1:12 PM

Sech, money or I'll clean the fish, whatever curls your toes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just enjoy fishing. Cooking Crappie tomorrow night with

Apr 25, 2014, 1:58 PM

my dad and mom. If you are ever around Chesterfield, let me know and we'll go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me correct that for you...

Apr 25, 2014, 8:25 AM

Being old and retired CT1988 sucks.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Yep, I suck outloud.***

Apr 25, 2014, 1:13 PM

Apr 25, 2014, 8:25 AM

I have a new guy coming by this morning to do some work for me, so I had to set my alarm clock. First time in a while. That's OK I will get a nap after he leaves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds a lot like my day

Apr 25, 2014, 8:31 AM

Except I set an alarm for 5:30 so I can get up and work before...driving to work. But I will be able to take a nap when I get home tonight, if by nap I mean go to bed around midnight or so.

Our days are practically identical!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

ohhhh bless his wittle heart

Apr 25, 2014, 8:37 AM

photo waaambulance2_zps3a991b18.gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Careful bob, he might get confused and try to

Apr 25, 2014, 8:39 AM

chase that waaambulance also

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Careful bob, he might get confused and try to

Apr 25, 2014, 8:46 AM

I consult attorneys. I know exactly what you mean. Can't keep their attention span for 2 seconds if sirens go off.

They get to be like Lassie

Apr 25, 2014, 8:50 AM

"Huh you hear something girl?? You hear something?? What do you hear girl, what is it?? You say there's an emergency somewhere??"

I'm not complaining

Apr 25, 2014, 8:43 AM [ in reply to ohhhh bless his wittle heart ]

I gots to pay the billz somehow. Plus it's almost the weekend, which means I'll be chasing ambulances in my weekend Lambo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^look at me, I have a weekend car***

Apr 25, 2014, 8:46 AM

You don't? You sound poor.

Apr 25, 2014, 8:54 AM

Are you poor?

Not quite. Thanks to not-so-tech-savvy lawyers.

Apr 25, 2014, 8:57 AM

Ya'll keep food on the table and I 'preciate it. But not one of you have yet to buy me a Lambo. Just sayin' :)

Do

Apr 25, 2014, 9:10 AM [ in reply to You don't? You sound poor. ]

rollerblades count??

You graduated in 1988 and you're already retired

Apr 25, 2014, 9:00 AM

Sounds like you did pretty darn well for yourself.

Sit back and enjoy it.

Hopefully I will be joining you in a few more years after I get my youngest through Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Boy or girl

Apr 25, 2014, 9:10 AM

itz important

;)

I have two daughters....

Apr 25, 2014, 9:17 AM

one is currently a Junior at Clemson and the other will be starting Clemson in another year...and NO...I will not post a pic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If you're antsy about posting pigs on the boreds that's ok

Apr 25, 2014, 9:24 AM

I will always accept them via tmale. Take your time to find the best ones to send me but I will be expecting them by 5 today.

TIA your information

Yes but that doesn't paint a clear picture.

Apr 25, 2014, 1:21 PM [ in reply to You graduated in 1988 and you're already retired ]

I was 35 and had already had a heart attack and five children when I moved from G'ville Tech to Clemson. I entered as a true sophomore and refuse to red shirt or sit out a year.

I was 38 when I walked across the stage and had six children by then.

Don't worry, that business we bought last week needs a full time sales person and book keeper. Phil, the Jr @ Clemson now is the 'real,' owner but he's a prelaw major so he knows nothing of economics and accounting. My lazy ### goes to work learning the cell phone business in another week.

Thanks, Phil, you saved a lot of fish and bait from certain destruction!

Yep, old sucks. Retired not so much! Golf at noon! *****

Apr 25, 2014, 9:18 AM

Apr 25, 2014, 9:46 AM

I'm only a few months behind you, but I won't be sitting on a bank or in a boat fishing. I'll be carving some canyons with my motorcycle, or knocking the dang fuzz off of a tennis ball, or riding my bicycle, or ...

Besides, if I actually caught a fish, I'd probably be expected to clean the dang thing and fry it up in a pan or something like that. I'd rather just sit down at a restaurant and say "Bring me the seafood platter please". :) Now that is something I can appreciate.

BTW: I am actually OLD. Not sure about ct88. :)

I'm old and obstinate. Like there's a difference?

Apr 25, 2014, 1:22 PM

63 June 3rd.

Apr 25, 2014, 9:48 AM

Retirement:
Where every night is Saturday Night and every day is Sunday.
Driving my GTR is a hoot. I'm so glad I graduated from Clemson ( 67)
Life is good.

I changed my mind.

Apr 25, 2014, 1:14 PM

Fishing all morning and not catchin anythin but bait is what sucks. If I'd have worked at least I could have had money for hookers and blow tonight.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic