Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Being asked to pay for T Net is like
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Being asked to pay for T Net is like

Feb 23, 2013, 9:04 AM

being asked to pay to listen/phone in to WCCP. No way it is happening. BUT I do understand the concern about freeloaders and don't want to hang out where I am not welcome. So I promise I will never again log onto TNET. I fact I will unsubscribe if someone tells me how.

I am serious. It has been a pleasure reading the postings of so many experts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being asked to pay for T Net is like

Feb 23, 2013, 9:05 AM

Where did this come from?

????????***

Feb 23, 2013, 9:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If TNET was $1000 a year, everyone on here would pay that.

Feb 23, 2013, 9:10 AM

Easily worth it.

Not everyone!!***

Feb 23, 2013, 9:14 AM

People pay over 2000 a year for cigarettes.

Feb 23, 2013, 9:31 AM

And a lot of smokers seem to be in a lower socioeconomic group.

Re: People pay over 2000 a year for cigarettes.

Feb 23, 2013, 10:11 PM

really? thats about as stupid as the topic

That's because it's 5 bucks at a time...***

Feb 24, 2013, 10:51 AM [ in reply to People pay over 2000 a year for cigarettes. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The $29.99 per year is worth it so I can ignore people

Feb 23, 2013, 9:12 AM

Like you!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the ignore button!!***

Feb 23, 2013, 9:15 AM

do you really need a button to ignore someone or are you

Feb 23, 2013, 10:48 AM [ in reply to The $29.99 per year is worth it so I can ignore people ]

simply admitting you have a lack of self-control?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignored

Feb 23, 2013, 11:10 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

:-).***

Feb 23, 2013, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First off, WCCP already makes money/pays salaries

Feb 23, 2013, 9:19 AM

Second off,the minimum is like 2.50 a month. That's like a bottle of gatorade or half a coffee at Starbucks.

You're just a cheap ####### and you want people to agree with you so you don't feel like a selfish ###.

But you are.

I hope you switch sides and become a cockfan later in life. I'd rather not be associated with you.

You tell em! We don't want him supporting IPTAY!***

Feb 24, 2013, 10:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2013, 9:34 AM

Well I do hope he is not waiting for us to hold the door for him as he makes his exit!

Feb 23, 2013, 11:07 AM

He might want to make sure it doesn't hit him in the #### on his way out. Nobody else will care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2013, 9:47 AM

Well. Bye!

Tiger/Terrier

Hey, you won't pay your 'fair share'??!?!!!?!?

Feb 23, 2013, 10:06 AM

(intended as a joke)

Seriously, if you regularly come to the site to read and log in to comment, what is your beef with $30? I'm just curious if you hate tipping a waiter as well. The gesture is kind of similar. Both are a recognition that someone needs to make a living providing you with a service. I 'lurked' for a while to decide it would be worthwhile. Personally, $30 seems like a small tip given how much time I can and do at times spend here. And $30 is cheap compared to the cost of any other service (e.g. Rivals) to stay abreast of recruiting news in detail. As they say...."I'm just sayin'.."

Re: Hey, you won't pay your 'fair share'??!?!!!?!?

Feb 23, 2013, 10:45 AM

ADVERTISEMENTS .... It's the heart of the publishing world.

That's exactly one reason I joined - no annoying ads

Feb 23, 2013, 10:52 AM

Not everyone feels compelled to join to increase the usefulness or value of the site, I get that. I just don't get the attitude of "it should be free". Why should it be free? Don't pay if you don't want to. And be annoyed at anyone who criticizes freeloaders. But the "it should be free" stand seems unsupported.

You know there are things that do that for free? Adblock and

Feb 24, 2013, 10:56 AM

Google Chrome or Firefox.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ads barely cover

Feb 23, 2013, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey, you won't pay your 'fair share'??!?!!!?!? ]

the bandwidth traffic they get on this site...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

They could lower that bandwidth if crump would start banning

Feb 24, 2013, 10:55 AM

coots.

Wait what? We don't pay to use google??***

Feb 24, 2013, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey, you won't pay your 'fair share'??!?!!!?!? ]

Well for one, there are Internet ads. Which he sees.

Feb 24, 2013, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Hey, you won't pay your 'fair share'??!?!!!?!? ]

And I'm never donating again because its not important to me to support tigernet. I can get everything I want for free here. I'd rather give that money to IPTAY or the Clemson fund, something that actually benefits Clemson.

Feb 23, 2013, 10:53 AM

Im sure your 186 posts in 2.5 years will be missed.

null

See now, you took my post all wrong.

Feb 23, 2013, 11:10 AM

I don't have an issue with freeloaders.

If you really find no value here then don't pay.

Clearly, if you can just walk away from the information T-net provides, the support we here give to Clemson University, the fellowship and brotherhood shared by grads and non grads alike you find no value in T-Net.

Post count doesn't reflect how much enjoyment T-Net can bring and neither does school affiliation. Heck, we've got a coot here named Prodigal who might be the nicest internet personality I know. By ever indication he is a fine Christian man.

My post wasn't about trying to shame folks into leaving. I think everyone who isn't a coot contributes to the character of T-net. My post was about tightwad, cheapskates who take and never give and try to sell their moral flaw by claiming that they are too poor.

I mean, ###, you got internet access and unless you live next door to a library and don't spend gas money to get there you probably pay an internet provider, somehow you got your hands on a computer which indicates you probably ain't homeless.

Just send the guys a few bucks. It doesn't have to be the preset amounts they advertise try sending what you can.

But hey, if you really want to quit just T-mail the management and ask them to remove you from the database. But don't even try and tell them it's my fault cause I pointed out that your cheap or a freeloader cause I know those guys. They'll check my post history and I'll probably get another ugly note.

It won't bust my cherry and I'll still find a way to contribute to this website when the time rolls around again.

GO TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GOOD RIDDANCE***

Feb 23, 2013, 11:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reasonable

Feb 23, 2013, 11:28 AM

I think it's reasonable to have to pay for information that is given here. I've been weighing the option of joining a Clemson relates site for a while now. I don't post much but so enjoy reading topics of other posters. And actually am looking at other Clemson sites more than tigernet because of the things that are allowed to be posted here by fans of "other" teams. I understand that may be the policy o let anyone slam at any time, but if its my money then I want to be able to discuss or read sites that won't allow the continual high jacking of post that so often goes on. Seeing as how I don't contribute to the discussions much , no need for the obligatory "you won't be missed." I get that. I come here as long as its free to get info from time to time. And if the "free" changes, then I'll just move along. Just giving my reason for not joining here as opposed to elsewhere . Not tryin to change anyone's policy towards posters, but just my personal deal. Love all info I read and many of my fellow Tigers on his site . But if I' m spending my money I want it to be satisfactory for me. Lastly, I have a senior in college and a senior in high school , so my dollars are prescious and few!!!!

i wont gibe a***

Feb 23, 2013, 11:35 AM

i wont give a dime

Feb 23, 2013, 11:36 AM

To this site unless crump decides to clean up all the coot trash on here.

Or...if you donate you can ignore them...duh***

Feb 23, 2013, 11:36 AM

how bout go play soccer in traffic today

Feb 23, 2013, 12:16 PM

Now go cry to the mods now.

Despite being called a troll, coot, n' an idiot here I feel

Feb 23, 2013, 1:09 PM

those that provide information for the entertainment of others should be compensated for their time.

If you don't like to interact with others n' feel good about it, please feel 'free' to share your misery elsewhere!

Now, go choke on a tailpipe coot breath! <3<3<3

Feb 23, 2013, 1:55 PM

Later, you big poonanny.

Showing you have some class & responsibility

Feb 23, 2013, 2:16 PM

That is what being asked to pay for TigerNet is like ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does that have to do with responsibility?***

Feb 24, 2013, 11:00 AM

WHAM! Thats the sound of a door hitting you on the a$$

Feb 23, 2013, 2:23 PM

on the way out!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of a MC ad...

Feb 23, 2013, 10:02 PM

Computer: $700

Internet Access: $30/month

Premium support to TNet: $30/yr

Getting butthurt because someone called you out for being to cheap to pay that last one?

PRICELESS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

see ya !***

Feb 23, 2013, 10:04 PM

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic