Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone switched from 80 gal gas HW system
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Has anyone switched from 80 gal gas HW system

Apr 18, 2020, 10:07 AM

to a Ranai or other brand? If so Are you happy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: Has anyone switched from 80 gal gas HW system

Apr 18, 2020, 10:10 AM

Yes. Yes.

Should have done it sooner but the install cost made me delay...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been using Rinnai since 1999

Apr 18, 2020, 10:13 AM

Love it.
No maintenance at all since I installed it.

Apr 18, 2020, 10:15 AM

Yep. And very satisfied with the results.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2020, 11:14 AM

Had our first one installed back in 2006 and loved it. Recommended it to alot of people and no complaints except for the 2 to 3 minute wait for the hot water to reach the shower if you are not using a recirculating system. The newer systems are built to overcome that if you have a separate return line and they make systems that can use your existing cold line from the bathroom to make hot water available.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2020, 11:38 AM

We love ours but remember when the power goes out, so does your water heater. Although it runs on gas, the starting system is electrical. This is what I was told because I know nothing about this kind of stuff. You can get it changed over to all gas I believe. Don't know if the newer models have all gas or not.

Apr 18, 2020, 1:35 PM

The only way that can be done is if they offer one with a standing pilot vs. electronic ignition. I don't know the answer to that.

Apr 18, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone switched from 80 gal gas HW system ]

Didnt know that. Thanks.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Apr 18, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone switched from 80 gal gas HW system ]

2000® said:

We love ours but remember when the power goes out, so does your water heater. Although it runs on gas, the starting system is electrical. This is what I was told because I know nothing about this kind of stuff. You can get it changed over to all gas I believe. Don't know if the newer models have all gas or not.

The previous owner of this 2015 house (and other owner in this neighborhood) changed the Rinnai power wires to a plugged wire, with a house-power receptacle.
During a power outage, I unplug the Rinnai from the house-power receptacle and plug-in to a wire from my portable generator.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic