Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SCU Football 2013 record = 7-5
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

SCU Football 2013 record = 7-5

Feb 16, 2013, 11:56 AM

the well is drying up. Ole BC knows it too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SCU Football 2013 record = 7-5

Feb 16, 2013, 12:02 PM

have you seen their schedule next year? No way they lose 5 games. Take the orange glasses off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep - lose to..

Feb 16, 2013, 12:18 PM

UNC
GA
Miss St.
Fla
CU

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yep - lose to..

Feb 16, 2013, 12:24 PM

i only see two losses. Florida and clemson. Ga hasnt beaten them in 4 years and even tho they had a good recruiting year i dont see it happening this year. No way they drop a game to unc or miss st. Also i dont see them with definite losses to fla and us at home. They have a schedule that sets them up for a good year.

Feb 16, 2013, 12:26 PM

They'll lose to Jawja. I don't know about UNC, but they could very well drop one they should win. I'd say 8-4, best case and 7-5 if they blow one.

Oh, and you're a coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Feb 16, 2013, 12:47 PM

david78 you're a coot go home.

Feb 16, 2013, 1:00 PM

I am home, coot.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're a towel.***

Feb 16, 2013, 3:23 PM

Oh look! Another DA coot!***

Feb 16, 2013, 3:34 PM

Haha you get offended pretty easily.***

Feb 16, 2013, 5:33 PM

Who's offended? I just said, oh look! Another DA coot.

Feb 16, 2013, 7:15 PM

Just observing the obvious.

have you seen their eligability chart?

Feb 16, 2013, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: SCU Football 2013 record = 7-5 ]

nm

Re: have you seen their eligability chart?

Feb 16, 2013, 12:46 PM

They're losing some mediocre linebackers and a really good saftey but i think they wont see too much drop off. Clowney will win them a game or two that they should lose. I am positive we win this year tho because their pass defense is gonna be suspect.

They lost all their first and second string LB's, all with

Feb 16, 2013, 5:49 PM

significant playing time over the last three years. Nearly no LB experience left coming into 2013. Lost half the DL and DB starters, and 11 of the 22 in their defense two deep.

Their defense will see a significant drop in production. Smart OC's will follow the LSU model of running at Clowney with double teams, and eliminate his back edge pursuit, his greatest asset.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCU?

Feb 16, 2013, 1:08 PM

Who the heck is that? As For South Carolina, I will say 10-2. I really do believe we will beat them this year. They will lose another to possibly Georgia. Florida wont be that great.

Re: SCU?

Feb 16, 2013, 1:21 PM

Flarda beat 'em last year and they'll be better this year.

Been reading about us going 7-5 over here for 3 years now

Feb 16, 2013, 1:17 PM

And yes, I realize I'm so pathetic and I have such an inferiority complex to come over to the great website that is Tigernet. Our baseball game just got postponed and no other reason to go outside considering it's this cold.

But, take the glasses off for a minute and see how many threads are about about South Carolina, who has the inferiority complex?

Re: It is obvious that you have one or you would not be

Feb 16, 2013, 1:19 PM

here dirtpecker Go watch your SEC basketball game then tell everyone how great the SEC is.

Re: Been reading about us going 7-5 over here for 3 years now

Feb 16, 2013, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Been reading about us going 7-5 over here for 3 years now ]

I have been reading that for many years and haven't been wrong that often.

y'all haven't been replacing what y'all have been losing.

Feb 16, 2013, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Been reading about us going 7-5 over here for 3 years now ]

clowney is by himself on the d-line now, no linbackers, and the best d-backs are gone. and y'all have won BECAUSE of the defense, and it's demise has been building the last 2 years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you that blind in your Clemson bubble?

Feb 16, 2013, 1:41 PM

Did you decide not to watch any South Carolina football last year, especially the Clemson game? If our defense was declining, we must have had a NFL caliber defense, because we did pretty well all year (besides Florida, which was mostly due to turnovers, and Michigan, yes we still won that game), especially against Clemson.

You must not pay attention to our recruiting either. We signed a 4-star OLB, 3 3-star ILB's, a 3-star S, and a couple 3-star ATH's which will probably play defense.

Not to mention, we signed a 4-star DT as well, and we have plenty on the line returning (Quarles, Sutton, Surratt, the Dixon brothers), and the coaches have high expectations for Darius English.

If you are going to make these claims, at least have the least little bit of knowledge on the subject. But hey, keep hoping, it might come true.

A 4-star lb? you have lost ingram, taylor,swearinger,etc.

Feb 16, 2013, 1:46 PM

and YOU are going to tell me that the new ones are better than these guys, not to mention the coaching defections. i used to just kid coots about them thinking they have 3 all-americans backing up 1 all-conf.,but y'all really believe that bs.

Ingram has already been gone a year, so has Gilmore

Feb 16, 2013, 1:54 PM

Tell me, honestly, did you notice that Ingram was gone during the Clemson game this year? How about Gilmore? Granted, Hopkins did have that one TD catch, but that was his only catch. Our secondary had more passes completed to them by Boyd than Hopkins caught...

Where was Sammy? Completely silent.

Players come and go, you realize Clemson is losing players on offense right?

Let me ask YOU the same question you just asked me. Are the new players ready to step into the shoes left behind by AE and Hopkins? And I really don't think you want to compare coaching.

Breeze through your ACC schedule, feel good about yourselves, then come into Williams Brice Stadium come November for another dose of reality.

Re: Ingram has already been gone a year, so has Gilmore

Feb 16, 2013, 2:32 PM

Our schedule? Have you seen your schedule this year? What is so scary about Mississippi State, Missouri, Vanderbilt, UNC, and Kentucky? If you don't win 10 games with that schedule your team will really suck.

and do you think y'all were better on that side of the ball?

Feb 16, 2013, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Ingram has already been gone a year, so has Gilmore ]

sammy had the (imo) sophomore slump, he never did get to his potential, be it the season starting suspension ( you know, where you actually miss games, instead of practices. ok,maybe you don't), or the illness that followed. and yes, i think our offensive system is more conducive to maintainability than is your defense, and i also think we have out-recruited y'all. yes, y'all have won 4 in a row, but, you are on probation, with #'s being reduced and visits by the coaches,also- further widening the gap that is opening. and again, i'll agree that sos has outcoached us the last few years- and again i'll maintain that we have brought in better coaches, while y'all have not replaced yours with the same level ability.

I'm honestly not sure the point you are trying to make here

Feb 16, 2013, 6:24 PM

I'll agree with the part about Sammy, but who's to say he'll come back and have a junior year comparable to his freshman year?

Personally I don't mind if you maintain the same level of offense. The only game I care about with Clemson in it is against South Carolina, and Chad Morris's offense has averaged 15 points a game against us, giving our offense more than enough room to win.

You've always out recruited us. We are doing better with recruiting than we have in quite a while (at least I believe we are). You point out that we've beaten you the last 4 years yet Clemson is "further widening the gap that is opening." What gap is that exactly? It's definitely not recruiting or on the scoreboard, so please enlighten me.

Last point. I'll reserve judgment for Venables, considering he's only had one year under his belt. Honestly, it couldn't have gotten worse than Kevin Steele at defense, so I'll agree you brought in a better coach there. How often I heard our defense was going to suffer because we lost Ellis Johnson, but it was shown Lorenzo Ward knew what he was doing. It's safe to say he had a more successful year in his first year as DC than Venables correct? It seems our other coaches seem to be doing alright, whether we hired new ones or promoted from within. I've already spoken about Chad Morris, and if he can only muster 15 points a game against us keep him as long as you can.

Re: Ingram has already been gone a year, so has Gilmore

Feb 16, 2013, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Ingram has already been gone a year, so has Gilmore ]

Congratulations on the greatest period of usc football and that one division title.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sure, I'll bite

Feb 16, 2013, 6:29 PM

I'm ecstatic that the best years of South Carolina football (and baseball) are right now. Better than having our best years nothing but distant memories, since Clemson's were over 3 decades ago.

Sure, 2011 was great for Clemson, winning the coveted ACC title and playing in a BCS game. Yet, you have the stain of losing to South Carolina, and then giving up the most points EVER in a bowl game to a Big East 3 way co-champion.

Also, not sure where you are going with the LSU comment... our defense didn't lose that game, our abysmal offensive performance did.

Re: Sure, I'll bite

Feb 16, 2013, 6:48 PM

It's a matter of age, too. I was a freshman in 1971. Since then we are 27-14-1.

I'll take that and wait on the historical turn. I doubt I live that long.

null

Re: Sure, I'll bite

Feb 16, 2013, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Sure, I'll bite ]

By the way - you lost by more points to Auburn in your championship game than we did to WVU.

63-17

null

What about LSU or

Feb 16, 2013, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Are you that blind in your Clemson bubble? ]

was LSU unbeatable?

null

Re: Re: SCU?

Feb 16, 2013, 1:30 PM

You could be right. A lot of it will depend on Driskel. South Carolina killed themselves with turnovers inside their own 20. I hate the Gamecocks as much as everyone else but I would love for them to come into the season finale undefeated. It brings more hype into the game. I think, with the way both teams schedules are, both have a good chance to come into the game 11-0. No way they lose 5.

i would rather see'em at 0-11. heck with the gamecocks.

Feb 16, 2013, 1:34 PM

i would be content if they never won another game, in any sport. heck, their intramural and club teams can go winless,too.

Re: There is no way that you hate them as much as I do. I

Feb 16, 2013, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: SCU? ]

don't ever want them to win. USC IN CALIFORNIA AND CAROLINA IS IN CHAPEL HILL . GO TIGERS.

Re: There is no way that you hate them as much as I do. I

Feb 16, 2013, 4:13 PM

> don't ever want them to win. USC IN CALIFORNIA AND
> CAROLINA IS IN CHAPEL HILL . GO TIGERS.

You have been a very frustrated sports fan for the past 4 years, but wait . . . it's gonna get worse.

I'll take 4 years of suffering over 40 years...***

Feb 16, 2013, 4:30 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2013, 1:40 PM

Maybe, but one of the losses won't be to Clemson. Your QB and OL will see to that.

Feb 16, 2013, 3:28 PM

That makes no sense at all my friend.

Re: i would rather see'em at 0-11. heck with the gamecocks.

Feb 16, 2013, 1:41 PM

When I watch them, if they win, I'm ok, if they lose, I'm ok. I would just rather play a good Gamecock team than a bad one. Then they can't make excuses when we beat them. I actually think we will have a higher ranked defense than them.

Feb 16, 2013, 5:27 PM

I would be very surprised at a 7-5 regular season for Carolina next year. 4 of the 5 games Terrier listed as losses take place in Columbia...if there were preseason lines, I believe they'd be favored in all but 2 of those games (UGA & UF). Here's what I think:

vs UNC - Easy win

@ UGA - very, very close depending on how the Clemson game goes. If UGA beats us, I think they'll beat Carolina since they'll be coming home fired up. However if we beat Georgia, I wouldn't be surprised to see a scenario similar to two years ago when UGA was beat by Boise St in the first game and then dragged their feet into the Carolina game in week 2. Given these thoughts...I think it's obvious I'll be hoping Carolina beats UGA in week 2.

Miss St - Highly doubtful. I think Miss St will be improved from last year, but they're not going to be on Carolina's level. If the game were in Mississippi, there'd be a good chance of them coming away with the win--but not in Columbia.

Florida - I believe Florida will beat Carolina. They're a better team overall by a pretty solid margin. But at the same time, this game is in Columbia and so anything could happen. Williams-Brice gets pretty loud and can intimidate teams, especially those with bad QBs (such as Florida).

Clemson - I have no clue. I feel like the past few years we've been as good, if not better than Carolina...but we have played absolutely terrible against them. Is a huge chunk of that them? Yes. But I believe the coaching staff of Carolina is in our coaching staff's head. I know that won't be a popular thing to say here, but we have been severely outcoached the past two years--especially this past year. Will this year be different? I hope so (obviously). I think our o-line will be improved from last year, which should help. I think our d-line will also be greatly improved. However overall, I believe the difference will be the adjustments made on the sidelines. Clowney especially has owned us the past two years...and part of that has been Morris' inability to call plays to account for his unstoppable rush.

A wildcard game to me for Carolina is @ Arkansas. Fayetteville is a tough place to play and I think they'll be greatly improved under Bielma. They've still got top-notch talent despite last year's trainwreck of a season.

Overall I expect Carolina to lose 2 or 3 games.

Feb 16, 2013, 5:37 PM

Bahahahaha please

I heard this is 2011 and 2012.

Say 9-3, at least people will take that seriously

Pretty easy schedule this year. They will win at least 9.***

Feb 16, 2013, 6:12 PM

Re: It doesn't seem like Spurrier knows what you think...

Feb 16, 2013, 7:45 PM

he "knows"...he has been pretty giddy about the upcoming seasons?

Do we expect Clemson can score more than 2 TDs next year? Can Boyd clear the 200 yd mark?

Boyd vs SC
2012 11-24-2 183 1 TD
2011 11-29-1 83 1 TD

What is interesting is that SCs "horrible" QBs are both returning..

Dylan Thompson 23-41-1 310 3 TD
Connor Shaw 14-20-0 210 3 TD

Most interesting stat is that SC QBs havw each outrushed Clemson's top rusher in the last two games?

Yet it is Clemson fans who are giddily assured of a blowout in Columbia in 2013? Even with losing 85% of their offense from 2012? Hopkins, Ellington, Ford are all gone with just Boyd and Watkins, in need of a resurgence, to return?

Isn't this just more of the November self-deception when virtually every Clemson fan had convinced themselves of at least a 28 pt win with the only real question being if the Tigers would top the 60 mark?

Surely a more caution approach woudl be called for going into 2013.

Re: Re: It doesn't seem like Spurrier knows what you think...

Feb 16, 2013, 7:52 PM

Fair points cootie but the D will be better under year 2 of coach V. All on here calling for a blowout are crazy, also we finally have a true LT and only lose one OL.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next