Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Been Talkin to Lots of Aggies Here in N.Texas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Been Talkin to Lots of Aggies Here in N.Texas

Aug 12, 2019, 2:58 PM

They are excited but nervous, No smack talk whatsoever. They are really worried that loss of RB and TE from last year will really hurt them. They also know they caught every single break imaginable last year and know the Valley will be rockin. They loved the CU fans, even The Morbidtiger, who visited College Station last year. Jury is still out on Jimbo, he really does not fit the pseudo cult of the hardcore fans as they think there is still some slime on him and hope he does not embarrass them. Finally, a metric shitton of them will be coming to the Valley. Can't wait to watch their band in action again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been Talkin to Lots of Aggies Here in N.Texas

Aug 12, 2019, 3:02 PM

In my opinion, Jimbo is way overrated. He won with Bowdens players in a watered down year nationally and look at what that program (FSU) developed into under his watch. I’ve never understood the infatuation with him. He is a good offensive coordinator at best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 3:08 PM

Agree. He and Malzan inherited some great players and got a generational QB. We all know how that turned out for Malzan. The leash is long for Jimbo because of an idiotic contract.

Aug 12, 2019, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Been Talkin to Lots of Aggies Here in N.Texas ]

He won the NC at FSU in his 4th season. How is that due to Bowden's players?

that was kinda what i was thinking.

Aug 12, 2019, 5:46 PM

I didn't think he was that great of a coach but i thought he and and his staff did a dang good job at recruiting. The were always pulling in multiple studs every year and were a thorn in our side at getting some big names, especially defensive players. But he seemed like a total prick and i dont' think its a whole lot of fun to play for him. And some of his critical game time decisions seemed to fall flat alot of the time.

but he's way better than what they had at coach. He will get

Aug 12, 2019, 5:48 PM

texas am as a steady contender.

Aggie fans are a pretty cool lot***

Aug 12, 2019, 3:06 PM

Not Delusional At All....Would be a Perfect Rival

Aug 12, 2019, 3:18 PM

Better than that Columbia meth-house dumpster fire we got.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 10:25 AM

I’ve lived in NTX since 97. I’ve never had a negative interaction with an Aggie....not one. I’m with you on the band, they are “The Bomb”.

Aug 12, 2019, 3:24 PM

Aggies strike me as the kind that ALWAYS carry their school pride with them and they are ALWAYS representing their school. Reminds me of Clemson.

Aug 12, 2019, 3:50 PM

Also live in N. Texas (FM) and have never come across a negative or hostile Aggie. Was at the game last year in College Station and everyone could not have been nicer to us. Made us feel very welcome. School pride is out of this world. Hope we treat them with the same this year at home.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic