Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is it so important for SEC homers to pull for each other
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Why is it so important for SEC homers to pull for each other

Dec 30, 2017, 12:02 PM

You watch these idiots like Marcus Spears, Booger...etc.... and they all have this arrogance about them. It's so important for other teams in their conference to do well. Both of those guys played at LSU.... A HUGE rival for them. But yet it's almost like they get a piece of the pie if Bama beats someone. Coots are the prime example of this. They think they get a " win " somehow if Bama beats us. The odd thing is Bama beats all of them....ALL THE TIME. So you would think at some point they would hate them, but no, they love it in a weird kind of way.

Never in a million years would a Clemson fan feel like this. Would we ever pull for UNC or FSU if they were in a national championship game just because... " conference affiliation "? Heck no...

It's really sad what college football has become over the last decade in regards to this conference " pride ".... It's a joke. I got news for any of you coots reading this. The fact you do that shows your little man syndrome. It shows how pathetic you are. It shows how you're a non factor in this game...and most of all, it shows us why Clemson is different. It's why we're Clemson..... It's why we're at the top of the mountain. It shows why the rest of the college football world wishes they were like the Clemson family.

Go ahead.... wave that SEC flag....Cool story bro, we will just keep winning championships.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they are paid to be homers?

Dec 30, 2017, 12:06 PM

They are paid to support the SEC when possible.

You will see the same if/when ACC network goes full force.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because they are paid to be homers?

Dec 30, 2017, 12:27 PM

I don’t know man... they take a lot of pride in this conference thing. It’s werid.

Re: Because they are paid to be homers?

Dec 30, 2017, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Because they are paid to be homers? ]

I think you're only half right. The ESPN announcers are paid maybe to support the sec conference but the fans of sec teams aren't, they do it like he said. It's some kind of weird pride thing. ESPN gave the sec ridiculous overpriced money and now its hurting them

The replies are right.

Dec 30, 2017, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Because they are paid to be homers? ]

You read SEC threads or any SEC team page and it's like a disease. All their fans dry hump each other and love it. UGA fans pulling for Florida, Auburn (secretly) pulling for Bama, Tennessee pulling for Bama, it goes on and on. They love this coference pride thing and takes away from the individuality of team fandom.

It's like if the Pittsburgh Steelers pulled for the Patriots because of "conference pride". Not gonna have happen because they hate each other and conference pride is irrelevant and doesn't win you anything.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is it so important for SEC homers to pull for each other

Dec 30, 2017, 12:44 PM

I actually find both of them pretty fair ....but like all talking heads, they are not always right. It was Marcus who said that these bowl games are teams playing against each other, not conferences playing. He also said he was tired of the "don't want to be there" crap. It is OK for them to think one team is better than the other regardless of what conference they are in. I have no problem with anyone thinking Bama is going to win, because it will be settled on the field not in a TV studio!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2017, 12:51 PM

It was a clever scheme before the playoff committee was assembled and it worked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2017, 1:12 PM

This stuff has been going on for about 10 years

Dec 30, 2017, 1:27 PM

Yes it has . That's what's made me pull against sec teams

Dec 30, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is it so important for SEC homers to pull for each other ]

That's what I meant by saying before the playoffs. Allot of people were fooled, including myself, in the beginning. The results can not be denied.

Because conference affiliation is the final refuge...

Dec 30, 2017, 1:45 PM

...of the ignorant and inferior.

davidhood® wrote a GREAT article stating just that last season...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because conference affiliation is the final refuge...

Dec 30, 2017, 2:04 PM

It's about more than a coattail ride. It's about recruiting, titles, and money. They branded themselves and changed the public perception.

Re: Because conference affiliation is the final refuge...

Dec 30, 2017, 2:23 PM

Its a combination of things. SEC teams Bama, UGA, UT, (sometimes Auburn) have been among the Sports Media Darlings USCw, OK, O-31 State, ND, and Michigan (sometimes TX and F$U). The SEC was on a good BCS run when ESPiN began promoting the SEC brand for the SEC Network. Even when UF was elite, they didn't get the love Bama and UGA gets. The rest of the SEC is often cannon fodder for the favorites. The former SEC players that work for ESPiN carry the party line.

When SC was an Independent, they often played a tough schedule and stood on their merits win or lose. Once they got in the SEC, they became conference worshipers.

Dec 30, 2017, 2:12 PM

Cause it just means more, man... duh!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic