Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson drops in latest AP Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson drops in latest AP Poll

Oct 16, 2016, 2:09 PM

Clemson drops in latest AP Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ha ha ha ha......they hate when we win***

Oct 16, 2016, 2:12 PM

Seriously? Michigan didn't even play and they jump us?***

Oct 16, 2016, 2:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously? Michigan didn't even play and they jump us?***

Oct 16, 2016, 2:17 PM

if we dont torn it over we score at least 45 points and aint worrying about this. they made their bed. all we got to do is hold on to the ball to be very dominant.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 9:26 PM

But we turned it over... and we have every game... darn near it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Oct 16, 2016, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Seriously? Michigan didn't even play and they jump us?*** ]

That's messed up. I hope we play them in the playoff. Just like Oklahoma, everyone will wet themselves talking about how great they are and we will kick their butts.

Oct 16, 2016, 2:52 PM

It seems all anyone who votes in the AP poll sees is big numbers. They drool over a 78-0 thrashing of Rutgers who before yesterday hadn't scored a touchdown since September 24.

Oct 17, 2016, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously? Michigan didn't even play and they jump us?*** ]

The pollsters will make sure we play bama first

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We sucked. We should have lost.

Oct 16, 2016, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Seriously? Michigan didn't even play and they jump us?*** ]

We look barely top 15. Old Dominion put up more points than we did on NCSU in regulation. It doesn't matter where are ranked. Just be happy we didn't lose like we should have. We have to go undefeated anyway and rankings don't matter.

Hmmm, no.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:28 PM

You could have lost, yes.

We barely played like a top-15, no.

It doesn't matter what Old Dominion did, football doesn't have transitive property. (And this is coming from me--a professor in engineering.)

Do you think if we replay them again the result would be the same or even close to being the same?

If we had Gallman, do you think the result would have been the same?

If we didn't turn over as many times as we did, do you think it would have been more a domination?

Do you think we should use a performance of one game as an indicator of the football program?

The theme of many articles made it as if NC State "gifted" us with the win. The fact is Clemson actually gift-wrapped it to them several times, but it's just that their "gift" came when 2 seconds was left on the clock. Gallman's fumble, Williams' fumble, Dye's fumble and Watson's interception were mistakes that shouldn't have happened, not any much different from their push kick to the right. They're all mistakes in football. To emphasize only on that kick and make it sound as if, they're a better football team that played better is simply ridiculous.

Lastly, if targeting on Gallman was called as it should have or he wasn't hit at all, the game would have been different.

Adjusting the game plan during the game for unexpected circumstance is more difficult than what many people think.

Re: Hmmm, professor.

Oct 17, 2016, 5:50 AM

If the dog hadn't stopped to sh*t, would he have had rabbit for dinner?

As far as the game was concerned, it was a matter of toughness. State wanted it more than we did for most of the game, while we did not exhibit any killer instinct until dang near too late.... and if it weren't for the closing up of the mistake counts, we would have lost. The difference in winning or losing that one at the end of regulation almost defies any chance of mathematical calculations working in our favor.

Re: ha ha ha ha......they hate when we win***

Oct 16, 2016, 3:03 PM [ in reply to ha ha ha ha......they hate when we win*** ]

I'm still not concerned about the polls. If our guys take care of business in Tallahassee and finish the season like they're capable with another ACC title, we'll be one of the final four teams standing.

Let's enjoy the week off and be ready for the Noles..been a long time since we collected rent from them

Re: FB Update: Clemson drops in latest AP Poll

Oct 16, 2016, 2:14 PM

That's what you get for playing down to your opponents level and not up to your standards.

Oct 16, 2016, 4:33 PM

Well it does feel like we haven't played up to the best is the standard all year. But nobody better not offer an opinion of what they feel our problem maybe, not without being hammered by the ### #######, even though the team hasn't played up to the best is the standard motto. It's more like half A$S is the standard this season, and many seem to be OK with that....

Oct 16, 2016, 4:40 PM

I totally agree. I tried to offer a politically correct opinion. That was me trying to not upset the extreme loyalists! ! In reality this team on offense has all parts back with the exception of 2 linemen. They are not sharp and our QB is not nearly as accurate. We are all fooling ourselves if we think on a neutral field with 2 weeks to prepare we could beat Bama or OSU. It's not a talent issue, it's an attitude. This team is missing that edge. That falls to Swinney. It's his job to create that feel. It's time to take off the kid gloves and get in someone's @##!! Focus and just do your #### jobs!!

AP Poll

Oct 16, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops in latest AP Poll ]

Idk I think NC state is better bit as good Ole miss even having the 2 losses they may beat UofL

deserved we played like poop

Oct 16, 2016, 2:16 PM

and should have lost.

Sorry coot for bursting your bubble with the Tiger WIN!!

Oct 16, 2016, 2:43 PM

7-0 and undefeated , go Tigers!!

Huh?

Oct 16, 2016, 3:50 PM

You can't just call another Clemson fan a "Coot" because he astutely pointed out that the Tigers played like "Poop."

He's correct. We tried to give the game away with 4 turn-overs and some questionable offensive play calling.

Clemson is now 120th in the nation in turnovers (16!!!). We're outside of the Top 100 in Red Zone scoring and close to dead last in Time of Possession.

All three of those stats are directly related. Play less poop-like and hold on to the ball and those things fix themselves. We've been lucky to survive the Louisville and NC State games. Very lucky. We had 9 turnovers in those 2 games under pristine conditions. If Clemson doesn't start taking care of the ball, we'll go from simply being exposed to being dominated. We may win our next 6 games by continuing with the shoddy play. But when the CFP starts, we'll be coming home fast.

Re: Huh?

Oct 16, 2016, 4:47 PM

If NCST kicker wasn't so bad, there would be a 1 in our Win-Loss column, and nobody regardless of how mad it makes them to hear it said, its the absolute truth. After their kicker missed that short FG, there was 00:00 on the clock. If he had made that short kick, our Tigers wouldn't have had a second chance to win the game!!!!

Ifs and buts were candy and nuts! What about fumbles, do they count

Oct 16, 2016, 9:29 PM

since we were inside 20 and at goal line. That kick would not have made a difference then, but things happen in a game and I am VERY happy he missed. Life of a kicker has got to be tough

Oct 16, 2016, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Huh? ]

21.....21 turnovers

Oct 16, 2016, 9:15 PM

I should have said Turnovers Lost. That # is 16.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/461/p3

You may be including our fumbles that we recovered in order to get to 21.

Oct 17, 2016, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Huh? ]

Better get this play calling bit figured out. I'm scared to think what we'd look like without DW4 on the field and next year is coming.

It's ok. A drop in the polls sets us up nicely for FSU***

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

What a joke. Mich plays 2 decent teams all year. Jumping on a bye is embarrassing to college football

Same goes for us... maybe we play 3 good if Auburn counts as

Oct 16, 2016, 2:54 PM

Good....

Ole Miss still in the poll? Seriously?***

agree, this is ridiculous***

Oct 16, 2016, 2:55 PM

Re: agree, this is ridiculous***

Oct 16, 2016, 2:59 PM

Not ridiculous at all. Did you see the third best team in the country playing football yesterday? I didn't. This is not about Michigan moving up. It's about us moving down and we deserved it.

we were talking about a 3 loss Ole Miss still ranked higher

Oct 16, 2016, 3:24 PM

Than other 2 loss teams

But they lost a tough SEC match up

Oct 16, 2016, 8:24 PM

every time an SEC team loses it's a tough loss in a great game no matter the opponent. You think if Clemson had 3 losses even if it were to top 25 teams we would still be ranked? Heck no! We would be the laughing cow of ESPN and all the talking heads would be having a field day of how Clemson is the biggest disappointment of the season. It's BS!

Re: But they lost a tough SEC match up

Oct 16, 2016, 8:25 PM

So is the media when it comes to Republicans, such is life.

Oct 16, 2016, 2:31 PM

How in the hell is 3-3 Ole Miss still ranked? Jesus.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They think Chad Kelly is dreamy.

Oct 16, 2016, 2:35 PM

they like those bad boys.

Re: They think Chad Kelly is dreamy.

Oct 16, 2016, 2:41 PM

Maybe they're afraid he will show up at their house full psycho mode if they boot them out.

in over several 5-2 teams***

Oct 16, 2016, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops in latest AP Poll ]

Oct 16, 2016, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops in latest AP Poll ]

They have a man crush on Thug Kellys AK-47 offense i suppose. It cant be anything to do with the defense because they are horrible! Go Tigers! ! !

Oct 16, 2016, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops in latest AP Poll ]

Maybe bc they have Rad Chad as their QB!!!

Oct 16, 2016, 2:37 PM

Bcs polls only poll that will matter.

Welp

Oct 16, 2016, 2:38 PM

That was exactly what i was expecting. When you cant seem to hold on to the ball it doesnt look good for you. If this isnt a wakeup call for Clemson then we will surely be blown out by a crappy FSU team in Tallahassee. We are too good to keep playing like this. Lets get it together and go blow FSU out in their own home and put all this mess to rest! Go Tigers! ! ! 15-0 in '16

Re: Welp

Oct 16, 2016, 6:26 PM

You speak the truth sir. If we can't figure out the drops, we will not get back to face Bama again. Watch them play a game...what do you not see? Fumbles. The only time they turn the ball over is when they punt, which isn't often. I do hope we figure out how to play a complete game which is what it takes to beat Bama. The real question I have is how long is the play book? It must only be a couple of pages....

Oct 16, 2016, 2:42 PM

We could be ranked #2 if we would quit playing to the level of our competition. Bottom line is we should have lost yesterday because of playing to NC State level. Luck was on our side and we are lucky to still be ranked in the top 4. Clemson needs to play like we are capable of every week and not just get by. I hope this was a wakeup call. We have used up all the luck we will get. We don't need to get lucky to win games we should be dominating. Our ranking will climb if we play like we are capable of playing.

Luck?

Oct 16, 2016, 2:54 PM

The kicker was intimidated by the sheer talent on our team and the Death Valley experience. If he was in Cootlumbia he'd split the uprights.

that really sticks in my craw.

Oct 16, 2016, 2:44 PM

stupid Michigan.
dumb AP voters.

So playing no one and having the day off trumps...

Oct 16, 2016, 2:51 PM

...winning over one of the best defense in the country. AP continues to be a joke.

Re: So playing no one and having the day off trumps...

Oct 16, 2016, 3:13 PM

Wait until you see the ESPN poll...Louisville jumps us!

Just curious... how far did tha Ville drop?

Oct 16, 2016, 3:04 PM

They struggled to beat DUKE at HOME. I'm guessing Levar accounted for 11 tds in the game for them not to drop?

~JKB

Re: Just curious... how far did tha Ville drop?

Oct 16, 2016, 3:16 PM

In the ESPN POLL, Louisville jumps us...unbelievable!

All we do is win

Oct 16, 2016, 3:08 PM

All In

Gotta case of fumble-itis... badly

Oct 16, 2016, 3:13 PM

Until that's cured, we're living on borrowed time

why didn't Louisville drop??? I guess the same principles don't apply!!!

Oct 16, 2016, 3:22 PM

Nm

Because they are in love with Lamar Jackson

Oct 16, 2016, 8:27 PM

and have already deemed him the Heisman winner. They can't justify giving it to him if they are not ranked highly. Just like last year with Henry they have fallen with love with Jackson and will push him to get the award no matter what him or his team does.

Re: Because they are in love with Lamar Jackson

Oct 17, 2016, 9:35 PM

Elliot thinks Watson is a contender. Although he is very talented.... his play hasn't been Heisman worthy this year.

Oct 16, 2016, 3:53 PM

I am sure there are some AP voters that want to see Clemson at #4 so if they make it to the CFP will have to play Bama.

Oct 16, 2016, 4:19 PM

So, Alabama has wins over 17,18, and 23. Ohio state has wins over 10 and 16. Clemson has wins over 7 and 21. Michigan has A win over 10. I don't have a problem with us dropping to #4, but replacing us with a Michigan team that can't score (unless it's Rutgers) shows how little the AP is really in touch with what happens on the field. Media should have nothing to do with ranking of NCAA football teams! At least the coaches understand the game. Clean up the turnovers and the Tigers are a solid #2. Bama is "tough", but they were "tough" last year too!!

Oct 17, 2016, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops in latest AP Poll ]

Exactly - get used to #4. Alabama is not going to lose a regular season game. Ohio State gets Michigan at home. When Michigan loses that game, we may see #3 again. We'll disappoint voters with another close win (likely at Wake Forest), slide to 4 and Washington will be #3. So says my crystal ball....

Oct 16, 2016, 4:24 PM

The AP rankings are as biased as the voting sports writers who participate in the poll and are fun for discussions but totally worthless in the long run.

The only ranking that matters will be released on 4 December 2016 from the College Football Playoff Selection Committee. All other rankings from sports writers, coaches, TV talking heads, ESPN "power index", and bloggers will be rendered worthless at that point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Motivation I hope to stop playing like

Oct 16, 2016, 6:36 PM

Crap on offense.

Oct 16, 2016, 7:01 PM

Dropping the ball = dropping in the polls. Ball security is Tigers' key area of needed improvement.

Funny, I doubt if Michigan plays a close game against Illinois this week we jump them back.....***

Oct 16, 2016, 10:24 PM

There is no way that Ole Miss should be in the poll

Oct 16, 2016, 10:41 PM

Wow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

To me, it's fair.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:38 PM

It's all about perception.

Rankings in the middle of the season are a mix of what a team has done in that season and how good that team is perceived as well as its expectation.

Right now, anyone shouldn't be surprised over how the rest of the country perceive Michigan as a better team overall than Clemson.

Clemson this year had been much less than expectations at the beginning of the season. And that was all they talked about. Then, we beat Louisville, this year media's darling, and then we dominated Georgia Tech and Boston College. Then, the theme was changed to this is Clemson as they expected us to be.

But now we are back to a close call over a team out of no where.

I'm not surprised if anyone would question us, doubt us.

Let the season just prove itself. Personally, I'm still confident in this team, this program and in the system that Dabo is running.

Agreed.....

Oct 17, 2016, 5:53 AM

but if we don't find a run game pretty soon and stop the turnovers, we ain't going where we want to go.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:46 PM

We survived barely. What happened to the greatest offense of all time?

Michigan has such a huge alumni and ESECpn likes

Oct 17, 2016, 4:15 AM

To market us down and build up the huge Alumni of Michigan to make the large fan base happy.

The great thing is the only poll that will matter is the one coming out the 1st week of November.

They will look at strength of schedule and Etc.

OSU and Michigan will play each other also, so one will drop a little if they don't have any other loses.

Tigers are # 1 in my poll always!! I would love to play The Cornhuskers in the playoff in the 1st or 2nd game along with anyone of the 1st 3 in this crazy poll.

Go Tigers!!! ????????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Voters are frustrated that we didn't score 70 points/game.

Oct 17, 2016, 8:10 AM

Most voters only see stats and highlights. ESPiN has the FPI which give heavy weight to margin of victory (as if winning by 35 is better than winning by 10).

Everyone saw us drop 500+ on Bama (ESPiN's darling, NFL caliper, Superbowl defense) in the championship game so they all know we could if we would. I expect they'll get over it pretty soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 4:12 PM

A win in OT vs a 4-1 team, and you drop?!? But Ohio state has essentially the same scenario and stays put? Get out! BS, yes we turned the ball over, but it didn't seem like we played bad, but rather NCSU played really well

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic