Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Labor Secretary Alex Acosta has resigned.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Labor Secretary Alex Acosta has resigned.

Jul 12, 2019, 10:30 AM

Congress should still call on him to testify about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't Legislate, Investigate!

Jul 12, 2019, 10:34 AM

© Democratic National Party, 2019.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

^^^Can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Jul 12, 2019, 10:51 AM

Is that you, Trey Gowdy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't legislate. Broke. Done.***

Jul 12, 2019, 11:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't Legislate, Investigate!

Jul 12, 2019, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Don't Legislate, Investigate! ]

wilbur82® said:

© Democratic National Party, 2019.

The 7 Republican Benghazi investigations say hi.

You remember, the one's that said Hilldawg didn't do anything wrong?

Careful, your hypocrisy is showing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An unsympathetic figure for sure, but you gotta

Jul 12, 2019, 10:53 AM

wonder who was putting the screws to him when the first Epstein trial went down. Who paid off the judge? Somebody and/or everybody got paid and/or threatened.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uncovering all of the dirt around this case would be great!

Jul 12, 2019, 11:15 AM

But, I don't give people a pass for not doing the right thing because it might hurt their career or whatever their excuse is for not doing the right thing. Acosta told others that he was worried about the high powered lawyers and Epstein on the other side and how it might affect his career and future.

He was told to stand down. Epstein was "above his pay grade"

Jul 12, 2019, 11:21 AM

“Is the Epstein case going to cause a problem [for confirmation hearings]?” Acosta had been asked. Acosta had explained, breezily, apparently, that back in the day he’d had just one meeting on the Epstein case. He’d cut the non-prosecution deal with one of Epstein’s attorneys because he had “been told” to back off, that Epstein was above his pay grade. “I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone,” he told his interviewers in the Trump transition, who evidently thought that was a sufficient answer and went ahead and hired Acosta. (The Labor Department had no comment when asked about this.)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epsteins-sick-story-played-out-for-years-in-plain-sight?source=twitter&via=desktop

Do you find that vague reference to be sufficient?

Jul 12, 2019, 11:25 AM

Who threatened him? What was the threat? Why did he not do the right thing instead of capitulating to unknown and unseen forces?

Let's get to the bottom of this horrible story so that the guilty can be appropriately punished and the victims can have some sense of justice and so that it never happens again.

AMEN! I would like to know who told him to lay off the

Jul 12, 2019, 11:33 AM

founder of the Clinton Foundation during the Primary season of the 2008 election.

if proven, those people should be in prison right beside epstein.

/thread

Jul 12, 2019, 11:40 AM

lulz..that'll kill this one

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why was the case against Epstein/Trump dropped right before

Jul 12, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to AMEN! I would like to know who told him to lay off the ]

the election, much like the payoffs to the #### stars.

All of that stuff needs to come out. Wherever the truth leads is where we need to go.

Why bring Bill Clinton into this?

Jul 12, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to An unsympathetic figure for sure, but you gotta ]

J/K, he's probably only a fraction of the top layer. Epstein had a major business going pimping off our children. He should be hung in town square with a short rope at lunch time on Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I checked in on Fox last night to see if they were covering

Jul 12, 2019, 12:45 PM

Martha M's show was on and they were pumelling Acosta.

I figured Trump was watching and at that point Acosta was done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, cause there's no possible way Fox News programming...

Jul 12, 2019, 3:27 PM

is fair or balanced. Smith, Baier, Mccallum and even Laura Ingraham who is always applying her opinion to news lashed out at Acosta for the unforgivable failure to go after Epstein with the full force of the law.

If you avoid the opinion shows like Tucker, Sean and the judge you'll get as close to the truth as you're gonna get.

I believe, Trump gets the pulse of his voters by watching Fox, he checks himself by viewing and he obviously watches Fox because it's the only new which is even close to fair to him. As far as Smith, Baier or McCallum having Trump's back, well, people who thrive on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, The NYT and WAPO aren't going to listen to the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, cause there's no possible way Fox News programming...

Jul 12, 2019, 5:17 PM

Got into a discussion with my father in law a few weeks back about a similar topic. He has Fox News on most of the time in general. He is always telling me to watch more FNC so I can know the truth.

He thinks I hate Fox News Channel. I do not. I told him I think Smith and Baier are some of the best if not in the business from a news anchor perspective... especially Shep. Then said father in law started ranting about how Smith says mean things about the president and he doesn't like Shep.

I do - however - hold the opinion folks in ill repute.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, cause there's no possible way Fox News programming...

Jul 13, 2019, 9:41 PM

I watch the opinion people according to who they have on as guest. I'm a Dershowitz fan. The man is a Jewish libertarian, a constitutional lawyer and was a Harvard Law Professor. I also like to hear John Solomon. He may be a right winger but I do not believe he is dishonest or untruthful.

Re: Labor Secretary Alex Acosta has resigned.

Jul 12, 2019, 3:02 PM

Why?

Because people on both sides of the isle refuse to believe..

Jul 12, 2019, 3:34 PM

that he only salvaged a guilty plea out of the evidence he had. The upper echelon of both parties are linked to this guy and people on both sides want him out of the news.

I said earlier that if he wanted to salvage his reputation he should first resign then rat on every politician who pressure him to go easy on Epstein. I hope he does. I don't care if Reagan, both Bush's and Trump goes down as long as everybody goes with them.

This entire thing of dual justice has to be the worst sin in our nation at present. Hillary walks, maybe Trump does too, who knows? The poor get assigned legal counsel who decide if they are guilty or not. The entire system is corrupt and needs a good cleansing.

Having a few billionaires go to prison is a good start, imo.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic