Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has COKER had to put a BAMA game on his shoulders in the 4th Q yet?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Has COKER had to put a BAMA game on his shoulders in the 4th Q yet?

Jan 3, 2016, 12:04 PM

Appeared Kiffin drew up a bunch of screen plays mixed in with a couple of no-read deep balls for him to "see how he responded to the pressure" of playing a legit Title contender and threat to beat them, Michigan State (LOL).

I see Clemson coming up to the LOS with a number of assorted blitzes in man press coverage, to take away the short passing game, shut down the run, and put pressure Coker to make quick decisions.

My question is, if Clemson jumps up early and forces a few 3 and outs while Bama eats clock on the sustained drives they have, only to result in field goals and 5-7 min less to comeback - do you see Coker having the experience, confidence and ability to mount such a comeback by consistently and correctly progressing through his reads in addition to achieving high accuracy through the air on deep routes?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has Coker had to put a Bama game on his shoulders in the 4th Q yet?

Jan 3, 2016, 12:13 PM

What you described is how we win this game. That is the only way to beat Bama. It's going to take a lights out defensive effort, and our receivers not dropping the balls when DW4 gives them the opportunity

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure hope it plays out this way and the game ends with Deshaun on one knee***

Jan 3, 2016, 12:18 PM

Re: I sure hope it plays out this way and the game ends with Deshaun on one knee***

Jan 4, 2016, 10:12 PM

In prayer thanking God. Just want to clarify the reason he's on one knee.. The other knee isn't injured

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Keith75 = a coot trying way too hard to p¡ss Bama's oline off

Jan 5, 2016, 7:14 AM

> In prayer thanking God. Just want to clarify the
> reason he's on one knee..

^^ And That's the Truth! ^^

Here's why we win this game. It's simple.........

Jan 3, 2016, 12:17 PM

DWatt was born for this moment........Coker was not. Period!

Yeah, the Tennessee game. Was a pretty impressive final

Jan 3, 2016, 12:17 PM

drive.

Tennessee's FG kicker was the best player on Bama's team.***

Jan 3, 2016, 12:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many did he miss....Three?***

Jan 4, 2016, 9:56 PM

Re: Yeah, the Tennessee game. Was a pretty impressive final

Jan 3, 2016, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Yeah, the Tennessee game. Was a pretty impressive final ]

Ole miss too. But I thought Henry scored the go ahead TD from over 10 yards out against UT.

Well yeah, but Coker had completions of 15 and 29 en route

Jan 3, 2016, 12:23 PM

to the score

Bama led going into the 4th, UT never led by more than 1pt and Henry rushed on 5 of the last 6 plays

Jan 3, 2016, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Yeah, the Tennessee game. Was a pretty impressive final ]

That game?

Fine, then he had nothing to do with it. Coker sucks and

Jan 3, 2016, 12:26 PM

is the worst quarterback in the SEC. Bama dominated that whole game except for the time when they were down by 1 point with 4 minutes left and scored on a 71 yard drive to win the game.

Better?

No, I agree he made A nice throw deep to Ridley (his pre-snap determined receiver)

Jan 3, 2016, 12:31 PM

Want to know if you think ge can progress through reads and make consitent, accurate throws, late 3rd or 4th Q down 10-17 points with Bama is no longer afforded the opportunity to eat clock while resting it's D.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:29 PM

What makes you think Bama is going to have to settle on field goals?
Thirty five of their thirty eight points came off touchdowns.
Top that off we had to settle for two field goals in our first three scoring drives in the first half.
Bama,and Coker will be ready.This will be a fourth quarter game.

Oh Geez, Leftie.. I think Bama settles for FG's because of Facts, maybe?

Jan 3, 2016, 12:44 PM

> What makes you think Bama is going to have to settle
> on field goals?
> Thirty five of their thirty eight points came off
> touchdowns.
> Top that off we had to settle for two field goals in
> our first three scoring drives in the first half.
> Bama,and Coker will be ready.This will be a fourth
> quarter game.

Jan 4, 2016, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Has Coker had to put a Bama game on his shoulders in the 4th Q yet? ]

Clemson defense is way better than Mich State and has the best secondary in the country. Clemson can play man and blitz but against Bama's suspect O line im sure we can get to Coker with the front four.

Cute. We'll be coming from all over the place with disguised blitzes

Jan 4, 2016, 9:39 PM

> Clemson defense is way better than Mich State and has
> the best secondary in the country. Clemson can play
> man and blitz but against Bama's suspect O line im
> sure we can get to Coker with the front four.

Once we strts to become a head case and they're starting a 2 score comeback, we'll show blitz, drop into coverage and pick him off to seal it. The adversity that turn to doubt will spread like wildfire.

Jan 4, 2016, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Has Coker had to put a Bama game on his shoulders in the 4th Q yet? ]

Suspect o-line ? They do have a 2000 yard rusher you know.

Jan 4, 2016, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Has Coker had to put a Bama game on his shoulders in the 4th Q yet? ]

lol, "suspect oline".

I can promise you Alabama has the best offensive line the country.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2016, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Has Coker had to put a Bama game on his shoulders in the 4th Q yet? ]

If Clemson has the best secondary in the country then how did so many teams score soon many points against you? And I am talking about teams that ended up with losing records.

ROLL TIDE!!!

Because once we go up by 20-30 points vs lesser opponents, we mass sub on D for experience.

Jan 7, 2016, 9:27 PM

HTH

Ole Miss.***

Jan 3, 2016, 1:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BAMA GUYS...

Jan 4, 2016, 9:11 PM

Is it true that your entire offense is centered around ball protection and not allowing Coker to read defenses, because the coaches know that if it came down to Coker having to do so, he'd throw into traffic and get super rattled against a top tier secondary?

Better hope we don't come up to the LOS to take away the screen and short passing game, while throwing in an assortment of blitzes to stuff the run.

Things could get ugly quick if we keep scoring after a handful of bama 3 and outs, and bama clock-draining drives capped off by FGs.

Do the fans have more faith in Coker than the coaches do?

Re: BAMA GUYS...

Jan 4, 2016, 9:42 PM

Coker has improved a great deal over the course of the season. Saban has always preferred ball control, wearing the defense down, and using play-action to keep the defense off-guard. Henry was the perfect freak of RB to run that style of offense, and so they stuck with what was working.

Coker handled the pressure of the Cotton Bowl just fine. He made great throws and mostly made good decisions. I don't have any concerns about him going into the championship game.

Jan 4, 2016, 9:54 PM

That's the only thing, Michigan State wasn't able to get there bc of all the screen plays. They didn't matchup well, they didn't have the speed to win that game. Everyone knew it. Speed kills and Clemson has more of it to spare then anyone in the SEC could believe.

This year it's not just speed either, Clemson has power and size as well. Clemson will surprise alot of people next Monday with their ability to matchup and hold the LOS.

I will give Coker this, his ability to ellude would be sackers is undervalued and impressive. However he's not as good as Mayfield at adlibing a play. And you know how that went.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 4, 2016, 10:03 PM

Sounds like a fair assessment. The thing I'm most concerned about are the intangibles. Saban has been here before, he knows how to prepare his players for a championship game. Bama is never ill prepared for those games. I'm hoping we can strike gold on the first try.

Bama lost last year to a 3rd string QB (a good one, yes)

Jan 4, 2016, 10:11 PM

Yes, Urban Myer is a good coach, but lost to a team that had never been on the stage before. Has Dabo been there as a HC? No, but he's been there before.

Clemson

Jan 7, 2016, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: BAMA GUYS... ]

> Coker handled the pressure of the Cotton Bowl just
> fine.

^^^^^^ this is a joke, right? He threw nothin but screen passes and 1 or 2 deep balls to pre-determined receivers to start the game. You realize Kiffen had the first 24 plays scripted, right?

Main reason for this being funny is that everybody in the country knew MSU matched up perfcectly for alabama to win big. No offense. And a semi-solid defense.

QBing a team that seals the game by halftime does not equate to pressure.

Pressure is in a close game late.

Coker was the 70th best rated QB in his classcoming out of high school.

Clemson WILL force him to throw on us for you to have a chance in this one.

I think Deshaun's played in a number of 4th Q games, and has actually played his best in the 4th Q with games on the line.

Coker? Not so sure. National Championship game against a team that can put up points in bunches should be right up Coker's alley, pressure-wise.

Excited to see him in a game he know he's not gauranteed to win before even taking his first snap.

Sorry. MSU lost the lucky horseshoe that won them the OSU and Mich. games

Jan 7, 2016, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: BAMA GUYS... ]

Not that I can prove it, but I think that Zeke Elliot and OSU would have had their way with Bama. MSU = Iowa...and we saw how both of their bowl games went.

Re: Has COKER had to put a BAMA game on his shoulders in the 4th Q yet?

Jan 4, 2016, 9:19 PM

This is a great breakdown of what Kiffin did last weekend. And I'm agreeing with you Coker had a shot to be Clutch once this year, in his home stadium, with the future Heisman winning rb behind him, with the all world true freshmen ridley, and he still came up short against a defense that's not very deep and not as talented as Clemson in the Secondary.

null

Down 6 to Ole Miss in the 4th he threw 2 ints!***

Jan 7, 2016, 8:52 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic