Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Bourret Stat on Swinney, Ford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Football Update: Bourret Stat on Swinney, Ford

Sep 2, 2013, 9:17 AM

Bourret Stat on Swinney, Ford

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's pretty impressive!***

Sep 2, 2013, 9:23 AM

Re: That's pretty impressive!***

Sep 2, 2013, 11:07 AM

Hmmm, those Bama boyz must know football, and can put it all together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach on Preacher***

Sep 2, 2013, 3:09 PM [ in reply to That's pretty impressive!*** ]

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Football Update: Bourret Stat on Swinney, Ford

Sep 2, 2013, 9:35 AM

Way to go Dabo!!!

Sep 2, 2013, 9:57 AM

Scheduling the best and winning. Way to go Dabo and way to go Tigers!

Oh, and Tim Bourret is truly the master of the obscure stat....

Dabo is doing a tremendous job.***

Sep 2, 2013, 10:04 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Now waiting for the normal comment in 3...2...1...

Sep 2, 2013, 1:12 PM

"Yeah, but he can't beat the coots". Way to go Dabo. Noice job changing the culture and making us finishers of games!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Sep 2, 2013, 3:12 PM

And 81 scoring the winning touchdown

I like Danny Ford***

Sep 4, 2013, 8:24 PM

I Like Danny Ford***

Sep 4, 2013, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Bourret Stat on Swinney, Ford ]

That's cool, but you still a Dabo hater?***

Sep 4, 2013, 8:42 PM

LowcountryEdistoCaddy.... interested in your comments here.***

Sep 2, 2013, 3:13 PM

Stats are often very misleading and meaningless. I'm not

Sep 2, 2013, 7:37 PM

going to bash Dabo, but lets be honest. His only signature win coming into this season was the LSU game and they had it won and gave it away with poor coaching decisions at the end. In the eyes of the experts and many fans, the jury was still very much out on Dabo coming into this year. And it still is. Georgia is 1 game. We have 11 more to go plus post season play before we know if this is truly a different program. And Dabo will be faced with replacing Morris soon and that will be a big test for him too.

As far as that stat goes, it's pretty meaningless. One of those wins was against an Auburn team that started the season in the top 10, but wasn't even ranked at the end of the season. Where will Georgia be ranked at the end of the season? Likely not in the top 20. Another was an overrated VT team that finished unranked.

Ford never had total collapses during seasons the way Dabo & TB have.

Ford never had a losing season.

Ford had a far superior bowl record and kicked Carolina's ####. Dabo's bowl record is terrible and so far Carolina has owned us with Dabo as HC.

The schedule is far different now as well. We play 12 regular season games, plus the ACCCG and a bowl game. FSU, Miami, & VT are in the conference now. So Dabo has had more opportunities.

It's a nice stat, but meaningless. Ford has won a LOT more games against teams that finished the season in the top 10. That's the key. Where were these teams ranked to end the season. Not where were they ranked early, which is based on the year before.

Ford has a NC, bucket full of ACC titles, plus the other things listed above. It's ridiculous to compare Dabo to Ford at this point.

Dabo ain't half the coach Ford was. He might end up being better, but right now it's a silly comparison. And Ford had far better teams top to bottom that were tougher and better coached. Ford had complete teams - offense, defense, and special teams. We are not a complete team yet under Dabo. Getting better, but not yet. Ford's '81, '82, '83, '88, and '89 teams are the best teams we've ever had. Plus Pell's '78 & '79 teams.

I see a lot of improvement in Dabo and Clemson, but he ain't Ford yet. Not even close. Stats are for losers. Show me titles, bowl wins, and owning SC. Those are the things that matter.

I hope Dabo ends up being better than Ford. As an alum I want us to succeed, but Dabo ain't close to Ford - yet.

You can't be serious? Who said Dabo is 'equal' to Ford at

Sep 3, 2013, 5:47 PM

this point in his career? Swing and a miss Caddy. A complete miss in fact.

As usual, so much hot air from you…

Stats are often very misleading and meaningless. I'm not going to bash Dabo, but lets be honest. His only signature win coming into this season was the LSU game and they had it won and gave it away with poor coaching decisions at the end.

Yet Dabo has as many top wins in half the time Ford did it. By your logic, then Ford’s entire career was lacking “signature wins” as well.

And to say LSU gave the game away due to two pass calls is ridiculous. They couldn't run the ball, so that’s why they passed. In any case, Clemson and Dabo WON the game. LSU didn’t give us anything. We took it.

Your responses such as these are why everyone thinks you’re an idiot, but that’s another topic for another time.

In the eyes of the experts and many fans, the jury was still very much out on Dabo coming into this year.

Based on what? What ‘experts’, and how “many” fans? Dabo accomplishments in 4+ years are better than most every coach in Clemson history, and that’s a fact.

Sorry but your words are weak… yet again nothing more than baseless BS.

And it still is. Georgia is 1 game. We have 11 more to go plus post season play before we know if this is truly a different program.

LMAO. Your weird stance suggests a jury never deliberates on any coach, ever, because they all lose some games including ones they should win.

However, in reality Dabo has accomplished things and continues accomplishing things not seen around Clemson in decades.. or ever.

The latest is the #4 ranking – it’s the highest we’ve been ranked in 20-something years. We’re not ranked there by chance and certainly not because we're disrespected as you suggested. We’re ranked there because we’ve proven it’s warranted under Swinney’s leadership. Granted it’s early, but it speaks volumes about what Dabo is doing.

And Dabo will be faced with replacing Morris soon and that will be a big test for him too.

And?? All head coaches hire and fire assistant coaches, and all coaches live and die by the hires they make.

Trying to take credit away from Dabo for what HE'S doing is ridiculous. It's his program and he's running it his way. He's providing the organization, the leadership, and the motivation.

As far as that stat goes, it's pretty meaningless. One of those wins was against an Auburn team that started the season in the top 10, but wasn't even ranked at the end of the season. Where will Georgia be ranked at the end of the season? Likely not in the top 20. Another was an overrated VT team that finished unranked.

The particular stat is FAR from ‘meaningless’ and it’s an utter joke you would weakly attempt to state otherwise.

Fact is, rankings are the same as they’ve ever been. Danny beat some ‘ranked’ teams that didn’t end up ranked too. “Wins against ranked opponents” are tabulated now the same way they’ve always been. “Meaningless”… that’s hilarious.

And Dabo did it in half the time?? How can you ot see how silly you’re making yourself look? Oh wait, you obviously care nothing about how dumb you make yourself look. My bad.

Ford never had total collapses during seasons the way Dabo & TB have.

A) Nobody said a word about TB.
B) Contrary to your silly comments Ford lost a bunch of games that he should have won. Several games in several years cost us a shot at national titles.

Ford never had a losing season.

And? So what? Dabo still is accomplishing things at the same rate or better. But regardless, again, who said Dabo is equal to Ford right now?

Ford had a far superior bowl record and kicked Carolina's ####. Dabo's bowl record is terrible and so far Carolina has owned us with Dabo as HC.

Except for Nebraska, Ford never beat the likes of LSU, just for example. Plus Dabo is just getting started and didn’t have the luxury of walking into the same level of talent as Ford did.

And, expect for one year, uSC was never the program then that they’ve been the last 3 years.

The schedule is far different now as well.

Correct. Our schedule today is a good bit harder today. The ACC is better and our OOC is better. Plus Dabo's wins have come against teams with a good bit better winning percentage than Ford’s.

We play 12 regular season games, plus the ACCCG and a bowl game. FSU, Miami, & VT are in the conference now. So Dabo has had more opportunities.

So you agree the schedule is harder...and that’s why Dabo has as many ranked wins? LOL, insert foot in mouth (not uncommon for you).

It's a nice stat, but meaningless.

Riiight. It’s not at all ‘meaningless’. LOL. In truth, it’s a complete joke to suggest as such.

Ford has won a LOT more games against teams that finished the season in the top 10. That's the key.

In 11 years? And can you list them? And be sure to show how it’s “a LOT” more too.

LOL. Hot air is buying you NOTHING.

Where were these teams ranked to end the season. Not where were they ranked early, which is based on the year before.

I believe the stat includes both.

Are you really this DUMB?

Ford has a NC, bucket full of ACC titles, plus the other things listed above. It's ridiculous to compare Dabo to Ford at this point.

Of course the NC trumps all, but Dabo is just getting started and had to build more talent against a tougher schedule. Give him some time for the NC. Ford lost a ton of easy games that cost him more chances. He had more ACC titles, but obviously he was at it longer, the schedule was easier, and he never had to play a championship game.

Again, your comparisons are a joke. And yet again too, nobody is saying Dabo has equaled Ford. Not yet anyway.

Dabo ain't half the coach Ford was.

Really? Based on what? Everything you’ve listed so far has been completely dismantled.

He might end up being better, but right now it's a silly comparison.

It’s not silly at all. It’s entirely valid. Again, your all of your hot air can has been easily blown aside.

And Ford had far better teams top to bottom that were tougher and better coached.

Based on what? Beating an easier schedule?

Ford had complete teams - offense, defense, and special teams.

So why did he lose games we should have won? Coaching perhaps?

LOL. You’re just not very good at this.

We are not a complete team yet under Dabo. Getting better, but not yet.

And yet he’s winning big games against a harder schedule. Pretty sure the name of the game is WINNING.

Ford's '81, '82, '83, '88, and '89 teams are the best teams we've ever had.

Ford inherited a gold mine of NFL players and played an easier schedule. And 88-89?.. Let’s see what
Dabo has when he’s been here that long.

Please stick with the facts. Your hot air is useless and
a waste of time. And simply calling me a "pumper" and walking away would be a joke too.

Crickets***

Sep 4, 2013, 8:01 PM

TLDNR***

Sep 3, 2013, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Stats are often very misleading and meaningless. I'm not ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jesus, I am thankful I'm not going through life this stupid***

Sep 4, 2013, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Stats are often very misleading and meaningless. I'm not ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

One word

Sep 4, 2013, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Stats are often very misleading and meaningless. I'm not ]

Dumba$$. Wait, let me back up and give you a TD.

Message was edited by: TigerHawk76®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Spurrier only has 5 top 11 wins while at SCar (since 2005)***

Sep 2, 2013, 8:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find it interesting that TB used the "Top 11" because no

Sep 2, 2013, 9:06 PM

one cares about or talks about the "Top 11". It's the "Top 10" that matters to people. TB was manipulating the stats to hype Dabo. This is why statistics are often meaningless. They are too easy to manipulate. What matters is where teams finish the season, not where they are when you play them, especially early in the season.

Because beating three teams ranked 11th has significance***

Sep 3, 2013, 8:53 AM

I happen to agree.

Sep 3, 2013, 6:01 PM [ in reply to I find it interesting that TB used the "Top 11" because no ]

Stats are not applicable when the enviorment changes. Danny started with good linemen, Dabo just got his guys matured enought to actually block, tackle and get past an offensive line.

Dabo isn't playing in the same ACC that Danny played in. There only two ranked now and we are one of them. That's fairly objective if I say so myself.)

Neither Danny nor TB faced such a good USuCk team with such a good (azzhole) coach.

This OP was total bullchit to compare a NC winning coach with a rookie (whom I love). It's not fair to compare stats from Clemson in the 80s to Clemson now. A patient person could make either Dabo or Danny look like a failure or a prince on paper if he started his research trying to prove something (get hits on the internet) without objectivity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

88, it doesn't appear you understand what you replied to....

Sep 3, 2013, 8:29 PM

What do you mean, "stats are not applicable when the enviorment(sic) changes"? The stat in question is simply one stat that shows Dabo has as many wins against top 11 teams in 43 games as Danny Ford had in 132 games (career). What do you mean by 'environment'?

And what do you mean, "Dabo isn't playing in the same ACC that Danny played in"? The fact is, the ACC is more difficult now than it was in Danny's day's. Sure, every blue moon an ACC team was relevant, but not so much. In fact, Danny's 96 wins came against teams with a total overall winning percentage that is less than Dabo's right now. And Dabo is just getting started. I'm afraid your statement was not "objective" at all. No offense, but "inaccurate" is perhaps a better term.

You are correct that Dabo is playing the best uSC in all of recorded history, which in fact goes against EditsoCaddy's post. Not sure why you threw that in there when you were supposedly agreeing with him?

And what do you mean by, "This OP was total bullchit to compare a NC winning coach with a rookie"? Fact is the OP was the webmaster, who posted one statistic courtesy of Tim Bourret. The statistic compares top 11 wins; it does not attempt to say Dabo is equal to or better at this point in his career than Ford was for his whole tenure. So what were you referring to anyway?

The stat was 100% objective and is frankly quite astonishing. Dabo has as many top 11 wins in less than half the games as it took Ford to collect them. What are you thinking isn't objective about that?

Crickets***

Sep 4, 2013, 8:02 PM

Sep 4, 2013, 9:54 AM

How many times were the gamecocks ranked when Ford was coach (and did we win those matchups)?

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic