Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bannon's arrest is just the latest example of that dang
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Bannon's arrest is just the latest example of that dang

Aug 20, 2020, 10:25 AM

Far-Left Radical agenda tearing this country apart.

Said no one ever.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/512887-bannon-three-others-charged-with-defrauding-donors-of-we-build-the

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bannon's arrest is just the latest example of that dang

Aug 20, 2020, 10:29 AM

Why would people donate to building a wall that we all know Mexico was paying for?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe mexicans were donating?

Aug 20, 2020, 10:33 AM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe mexicans were donating?

Aug 20, 2020, 10:44 AM

Very true. Good point.

Because Trumpers are rubes who are easy to fleece. Check out the NRA.***

Aug 20, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Bannon's arrest is just the latest example of that dang ]

lots of young libbie US Attorneys' looking to make a name

Aug 20, 2020, 10:32 AM

for themselves. During a DNC, 24 years from now, some asexual transvestite of color will be giving the keynote, reminiscing how "they" brought down the president's men.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess Trump should've filled the vacancy at SDNY.***

Aug 20, 2020, 11:00 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SDNY is a fascinating district.

Aug 20, 2020, 11:13 AM

all district Judges around the country (and US Attorneys) make about the same amount of money. If you're a district judge in SC or NM, that's a lot of money. If its NY, it doesnt pay the rent. So Judges in SDNY are like a revolving door. The post is a great stepping stone (or for drunk trust fund types).

I had a TM case in SDNY few years ago before Judge Forrest, an Obama appointee. She was an excellent judge but quickly exchanged the robe for some white shoes.

Surprised they don't try to do cost of living adjustments.

Aug 20, 2020, 11:50 AM

Feds do that with other salaries.

On the other hand, I disagree that $200k doesn't pay the rent in the NYC area.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I suspect Judge Forrest went from

Aug 20, 2020, 11:58 AM

$200k to over $1mil at Cravath. easy decision

Sure, but I was responding to your rent comment.***

Aug 20, 2020, 2:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

didnt even know he was part of it but when i saw

Aug 20, 2020, 10:38 AM

that money campaign, I was like, what idiot would send money to that org? Cause you can't build any wall without the government since its gov land. Or maybe it was to give to the gov to help build? Didnt give it 5 seconds of thought cause i figured it was a scam.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 10:55 AM

Aug 20, 2020, 11:20 AM

Why does no one care where thousand currents’ money goes?

I hope this case stands, then every politician that raises taxes to fund something that they never do, can be jailed for fraud, right?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 11:23 AM

Hopefully he gets laundry detail so he can finally learn how to press his clothes.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bro, it's the Libs fault that Trump routinely hires felons to his White House staff***

Aug 20, 2020, 11:25 AM

Chicken or egg?

Aug 20, 2020, 2:46 PM

Are they felons before Trump hires them, or do they become felonious by merely associating with Trump?

I think the answer is YES.

Trump should demand fewer investigations.

Aug 20, 2020, 11:48 AM

Fewer investigations = fewer felons!

- Jonathan Swift

new nolle prosequi executive order preventing

Aug 20, 2020, 12:11 PM

US attorneys from prosecuting any Caucasian.

Aug 20, 2020, 11:57 AM

Man, have you read the indictment? This ain't casual. SDNY is claiming Bannon clipped at least a million for himself of the $25 million raised for Build The Wall and hid it with shell companies, among a laundry list of other charges. And the prosecutor started with wire fraud, which any mobster knows perfectly well is fairly serious heap Big Medicine, since it carries fines of up to half a million for an organization and can get you as much as 20 years in prison.

Ouch.

Surely does look like these dudes got caught elbow-deep in the cookie jar...and unless they beat it clean, they're going to do some time.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/20/politics/bannon-indictment/index.html

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic