Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A huge "Thank You" to TNET-ers for your support
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

A huge "Thank You" to TNET-ers for your support

Jul 26, 2019, 8:45 PM

It's probably been a month or more - I posted here about my sister-in-law Kate and her battle with cancer. It was at least her 3rd instance with the disease in the last several years - and this time it was so aggressive - there was really no hope or very little.

She passed away last weekend very peacefully with many family members & friends near her. I think I told you she was a very real, true Christian. I had the pleasure of knowing her almost 46 years. During that time and through her life, she went out of her way to bring at least a little joy and happiness to everyone she met - always a kind word to those she knew well and those she didn't know at all. Maybe that's why she had so many friends. She really did seem to genuinely love everyone. People were precious to her.

She was in no way a petty person. She seemed to have no use or time for such. I cannot remember a time when she spoke harshly about or to another person, and I can honestly tell you I have no memory of her being angry with someone. Maybe she would occasionally get frustrated with HERSELF - but I was never witness to her directing anger or hatred toward others. She was too kind for that; too compassionate; too joyful and warm-hearted.

I wish there were more Kates in this world. The one that just left will certainly be missed, and today there is one less "contagiously happy" person among us. I always loved her and still do, but likely not as much as she loved me and Lord knows how many hundreds she met. She was given a life, and by gosh - the woman surely made good use of it.

Thank you - all you folks at TNET - who passed along your very kind words of hope and inspiration when I first told you about Kate. I wasn't sure if I should, but I was able to read them to her. I'm glad (now) that I did, because she gave me her signature GIANT smile. For a time at least, that day, it seemed she wasn't so ill. So, let me thank YOU on her behalf. You are all just - the best.

Being a fan all her life - I believe Kate would want me to tell you (for her) - "Go Tigers!"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A huge "Thank You" to TNET-ers for your support

Jul 26, 2019, 8:52 PM

Thank YOU for those memories of Kate! GO TIGERS!

Blessings & prayers as always ~~~

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 11:28 PM

So sad to hear of your loss. From your words she must have been a great gal and a great Clemson fan. She will have a front row seat forever. God bless y'all!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beautiful words of remembrance. My sympathies

Jul 26, 2019, 11:49 PM

and best wishes to you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I concur... Eloquent.***

Jul 27, 2019, 4:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2019, 5:04 AM

She must have been an incredible woman and you sir,are a helava Brother
in Law. Your thoughts are most sincere and a joy to read. God bless!

Jul 27, 2019, 12:50 PM

Just caught up to this. I’m so sorry for your loss. You honor her with an incredible tribute.

Kind regards and prayers to you and your family.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2019, 4:40 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your sister in law’s passing. We will keep your family in our daily thoughts and prayers. Heaven has a gained an Angel while we have lost one here on earth.

Go Tigers in memory of Kate.

Jul 27, 2019, 7:15 PM

An amazing lady!

Jul 27, 2019, 11:55 PM

My deepest sympathies are for you and Kate's family and friends, and when a brother in law speaks of an in law as you have your sister in law, she had to have been a mighty special person. RIP Kate, may God welcome your spirit into the Kingdom of Heaven with his arms wide open!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic