Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This may be controversial
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

This may be controversial

Oct 8, 2018, 12:26 AM

But to all of those kneelers out there, those that feel oppressed, have issues, think that life isn’t giving them a fair shake. This ones for you......

https://youtu.be/8xk1P1913y0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflakes Vs. 'Murrcans ... one more for the road !

Oct 8, 2018, 12:38 AM

https://goo.gl/images/SXQKxe

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Snowflakes Vs. 'Murrcans ... one more for the road !

Oct 8, 2018, 2:19 AM

Sorry to make you eat all that popcorn and nothing but crickets, when I throw ray Charles and Georgia on coots it has the same effect. This man came to us for a reason and it’s powerful stuff

Beautiful song, but your privilege is showing.

Oct 8, 2018, 3:38 AM

Be grateful you have it,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beautiful song, but your privilege is showing.

Oct 8, 2018, 7:30 AM

From personal experience

40+ years ago, after sacrificing my butt off to get my degree from CLEMSON, I was told by a company that even though my resume indicated I was the most qualified for the job, that they could not even interview me because I "was not Black and female". Thanks Affirmative Action. I still remember my White privilege - NOT!! Enjoy your privilege and be thankful YOU have it.

Oct 8, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Beautiful song, but your privilege is showing. ]

It’s a privilege to be in and born in America so in a way I agree with you. I have been to Africa, Haiti and they believe that even our poor are rich, by most standards they are. When our poor have a home with AC, a cell phone, educational facilities with food service, paved roads, buses to get there instead of walking 3 miles, not to mention the little things like clean running hot water, a USDA that monitors food cleanliness. Got complaints about our law enforcement, they have the military in most parts of the places I just mentioned. Known for ###### women, opening fire with AK’s on protesters and notoriously corrupt in ways you can’t even imagine. Oh and no justice system at all with zero due process. Yes I am proud to be in America the beautiful and Ray Charles got it right!

Message was edited by: InletTiger15®

Message was edited by: InletTiger15®

Oct 8, 2018, 10:31 AM

America is great now because of people who pointed out what was wrong in the past.

This attitude that everybody should just shut up and bow down to our government is about as unamerican as it gets.

Maybe you and Orange Lightning should move to North Korea. Sounds like you’d love it over there....

Oct 8, 2018, 10:43 AM

America is not by any means perfect but people aren’t swimming rivers and crossing seas to get here because they think it’s bad. I agree there is room for improvement but there are ways to go about it without being disrespectful to the flag. Why would I be the one to move to North Korea when I am posting America the Beautiful and you are arguing how bad it is? Surely you can point to another nation that is doing it better and when you find it let me know.

Oct 8, 2018, 10:54 AM

Your logic makes no sense. So we should ignore what’s wrong here because it’s not as bad as somewhere else?

Your love for a song and idolization of a piece of cloth doesn’t make you more American than me. The FIRST amendment says we are free to peacefully assemble. What these kneelers are doing is bringing awareness to a problem.

And before you say it’s disrespecting the military, the flag doesn’t just represent the military. It also represents the justice system which has allowed cops to get away with murder.

Oct 8, 2018, 11:13 AM

Everyone is aware of the problem and it isn’t the flag, the anthem or the cops. Stop breaking the law

Oct 8, 2018, 11:47 AM

Breaking the law? Rosa Parks says "hi!"...

Oct 8, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Beautiful song, but your privilege is showing. ]

Do you believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty? If you do, then any time a cop kills someone without a trial they are killing an innocent person. I realize that is a drastic oversimplification, but saying that everyone that gets killed by police is at fault because they were breaking the law is also a drastic oversimplification.

This shouldn't be just a race issue though. White people get killed by police in questionable circumstances at well. That's not to say that police are intentionally trying to kill people, but there are situations where that seems to be the case.

For the record, I believe that many of the cases (Michael Brown for example) are blown way out of proportion to make the police officer look like a racist. However, there are some instances where people have shot people under extremely questionable circumstances.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Beautiful song, but your privilege is showing. ]

Does that not include the ones that might call out a large number of young people that are self entitled and spoiled? Some of us consider that a shortcoming of this day and time. I currently am in Ecuador with my wife where I live 3 to 4 months a year. Getting her to the US is a bureaucratic nightmare largely because people want to make it racist to recognize the difference between legal and illegal immigration. If you have not traveled outside of the US to non-tourist destinations you may be unaware of the advantages that us Americans have. Many, including the parents of my wife, do not have running water, much less hot water. Air conditioning is a rarity unless you are an American or Canadian expatriot. Probably half the cars are owned by the same people. Most people either walk, use buses, or motortaxies (motorcycles modified for passenger seating in the back). I don't point these things out as complaints. I like it here as do most. I make the point because people in the US should appreciate what they have. Sure one of those things is to protest, but it can be done with respect to the country and those that disagree with your point of view. I even think that certain kneelers who show reverence to the flag while doing it accomplish that. I also think that others such as Colin Kapernick have no clue about the real situation in the US and much less the world. If you disagree, then I invite you to travel outside of some of the normal destinations and see if your opinion changes any.

Oct 8, 2018, 12:02 PM

Never been to Equador but heard it’s alot like Costa Rica and the “Pura Vida” attitude. They do things on their time, don’t have much but you are welcome to it if you are in need and have a very appreciative attitude for life in general. This country has become so entitled its shocking and I think we are in for some very hard times ahead.

Oct 8, 2018, 12:13 PM

Back in the 60's you'd a been saying them entitled blacks need to stay at their own school.

How dare they disrespect the government by protesting segregation....

Oct 8, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Beautiful song, but your privilege is showing. ]

"Sure one of those things is to protest, but it can be done with respect to the country and those that disagree with your point of view."

The preamble to the constitution starts with "We the people", not "We the government".

The "country" is the people, the 350 million citizens that make it up. So if you truly respect the "country" then you respect those citizens who choose to exercise their 1st amendment rights.

What exactly do you disagree with about their protest? Do you deny that law enforcement officers have been allowed to walk free after unfairly killing someone? If it happened to one of your loved ones you'd be singing a different tune.

That's what's wrong with America. People think if it doesn't happen to them it doesn't matter.

Re: This may be controversial

Oct 8, 2018, 9:35 AM

FAKE NEWS!!! Ray Charles is blind so how does he know America is so beautiful. lol

TU to offset the TD's Snowflakes are throwing @ U

Oct 8, 2018, 9:55 AM

The best thing about America is

Oct 8, 2018, 9:58 AM

if life isn't giving you a fair shake, you can do something about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The best thing about America is

Oct 8, 2018, 10:02 AM

^^^If only you could that message out to all of the people. Spot on.

Oct 8, 2018, 10:41 AM

So if a friend or family member is mistreated or even unfairly killed by a cop who gets to walk free with no consequences all I have to do is listen to this song and I’ll feel better?

Cool.

Oct 8, 2018, 11:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This may be controversial***

Oct 8, 2018, 11:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Hank says it best

Oct 8, 2018, 11:38 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROB7kQyXRSQ

Re: Hank says it best

Oct 8, 2018, 12:29 PM

Hank certainly respects the executive branch of the goverment....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/ticket/hank-williams-jr-obama-muslim-president-130155210--politics.html

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic