Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beating FSU and SCAR saved Tommy !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Beating FSU and SCAR saved Tommy !

May 17, 2015, 9:01 AM

Is this a repeat of past coaching performance? I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen this all before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only berth in Supers should possibly save job.***

May 17, 2015, 9:27 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't think Leggett will be fired....

May 17, 2015, 9:46 AM

I wouldn't if I wad AD. I believe we would have had to completely tank. I see the decline each of the last few seasons, but a coach of his stature still hasn't done badly enough to rationalize firing him, IMO. I suspect that if he hovers around .500 next year his contract will not be renewed.

As much as I hate where we are right now, I don't see firing him makes any sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I don't think he is renewed after next season

May 17, 2015, 10:06 AM

unless recruiting improves and he makes the NCAA post season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. I don't think he is renewed after next season

May 17, 2015, 10:55 AM

so U think we should have TO SUFFER through another year of errors,not know who covers 2nd base on steal attempt, leading the world in getting picked off, not scoring runners from 3rd with NO OUTS, the pitifuls list is very long!our once proud program is now 5th best IN SC! so how low do U want to go???

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what people want and what is rational....

May 17, 2015, 11:08 AM

Can be two different things

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post of the Day***

May 17, 2015, 3:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't comeup in here with all that reasonable, logical BS!

May 17, 2015, 11:49 AM [ in reply to don't think Leggett will be fired.... ]

Folks here don't seem to understand the allegiance our University shows our coaches. This is all about integrity. I hope Jack isn't using that as an advantage in preserving his job and keep us frozen until we refuse to extend his contract.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I found that we have a lot of people that suffer with....

May 17, 2015, 11:57 AM

Aspergers or either just choose to read what they want to read. So unfortunately I have to post something serious every once in a while.

Never once have I suggested or specifically said that Jack should be fired. However the way I deal with the underachieving is to laugh about it and bust the coaches' chops when they say dumb things. Just like when Dabo was struggling to beat the coots. I never wanted him fired, but I sure raised Hades over it.

A shame I have to even explain it.

This bored isn't prone to emotional stability.

May 17, 2015, 12:02 PM

It's like chat room at the women's end of the nursing home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beating FSU and SCAR saved Tommy !

May 17, 2015, 10:07 AM

Was told at his exit interview last may, make a regional....any regional, or else....!

In the end, it was who Tommy lost to that got him fired.***

May 17, 2015, 11:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It was the game he ran on the AD that got him fired.

May 17, 2015, 11:52 AM

Interviewing with Arkansas in order to get a big contract extension knowing that we'd fall on our face the following year was just wrong.

We had a good relationship with him until that stunt. You just don't do good people wrong and we's good people.

Are you suggesting Arkanas has punked us twice?

May 17, 2015, 12:01 PM

First Hatfield then Bowden?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No, those morons wanted TB.

May 17, 2015, 12:06 PM

I would have let him go. We were down on good linemen and are just now recuperating from it. Tommy had a lot of work to do and his progression was barely adequate. We showed patients with him and he returned that with extortion. I'm just saying I hope Jack doesn't pull that on us.

I'd hate to see Jack fired after all the years he's been a faithful coach and member of our family.

Well, I have no problem with Jack staying through next

May 17, 2015, 12:16 PM

Season, which I think is when his contract runs out. In the meantime, they can announce a replacement, or at least announce a search is underway. Jack goes out as a respected legend, the "Fire Jack Now" folks can see light at the end of the tunnel, and recruits will hopefully know who the new coach will be.

Why i think you are so wrong.

May 17, 2015, 12:16 PM

I don't carry a strong opinion either way. But football and baseball wins are not even close to equivalents. Let's not even pretend they are.

If Jack was on the chopping block before the series, then he was bad enough that a 3 game sweep is irrelevant.

If he was not on the chopping block before the series, then nothing changed.

If AD was on the fence, then the jury is still out.

The fans calling for his job, based on the argument that this is a declining program for years, should still be calling for his job even if this team pulled the miracle CWS birth..

Me, i don't care who the coach is, but right now its Jack. I cheer for the Tigers and hope to see this team continue playing into June.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 17, 2015, 12:28 PM

No way he can recruit with 1 year left on contract unless we are recruiting against Furman, Citadel, PC etc.

May 17, 2015, 3:17 PM

They seem to get as good or better players or can make average players better than then our recruits.

Making players better is the key NOT WORSE !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic