Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beasley has a lot of work to do
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Beasley has a lot of work to do

Sep 14, 2015, 10:07 PM

He doesn't pursue the ball with enough want to. He's had some good plays and has been destroyed on some plays.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st game against an 8 time pro bowler

Sep 14, 2015, 10:07 PM

Relax, chief.

Clemson

Agreed....Jason Peters is considered by some to be the best

Sep 15, 2015, 12:33 AM

in the NFL at his position and certainly no lower than top 3 or 4 by nearly all experts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ c00t ^^^***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:08 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Beasley has a lot of work to do

Sep 14, 2015, 10:08 PM

Their whole defense is getting destroyed bro

Sep 14, 2015, 10:09 PM

gosh, last time i checked he is just a rookie playing in his first game. a lot on this board have no clue whatsoever.

Sep 14, 2015, 10:12 PM

Maybe I was a tad harsh. I'm sure he will continue to develop, improve and adjust to the pro game as the season progresses.

A rookie DE that is playing***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Beasley has a lot of work to do ]

Gruden is Beasley's ### more than the OP!

Sep 14, 2015, 10:21 PM

He didn't get the memo either this is rookie Beasley going against one of the best in the business.

I was surprised that Gruden devoted so much time to talking

Sep 15, 2015, 12:42 AM

about Beasley. There were a handful of plays where he got very close the QB before Bradford threw it away. He put at least one good hit on Bradford as he threw the ball, and he should definitely be given credit for at least a couple QB hurries.

I have no way of knowing for sure (or it would be extremely difficult to research), but I would have to guess that there aren't more than a very small number of rookie DE's who get a sack in their first game against a top tier tackle.

It's worth mentioning that no one else on the Falcon's roster managed to sack Bradford either despite Dan Quinn's defensive scheme that quote often uses a hyrid DE/LB (called the LEO) as a fifth pass rusher.

Sep 14, 2015, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Beasley has a lot of work to do ]

They have a clue maybe, after all most all of them are coots!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the most he has played since Oklahoma game

Sep 14, 2015, 10:10 PM

Come back in a month

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the most he has played since Oklahoma game

Sep 14, 2015, 10:21 PM

Doesn't he get as much time as a #1 draft pick gets???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2015, 10:16 PM

Are you saying he's not as good or better than JJ Watt in his first game? Wow. He should quit football, he's a major bust. So disappointed in him. I guess that means he should head to the cfl now, maybe he can be 2nd string up there.

Sep 14, 2015, 10:17 PM

I can understand him getting beat at times because it's his first game, but there were several times the ball carrier would get past him and he appeared like he was barely trying to run him down. Like he was half-way jogging.

Could never imagine Grady doing that.

your thinking about ya boy vajyveon clowney***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:24 PM

Sep 14, 2015, 10:18 PM

How is the 2014 #1 draft pick doing in 2015, bc he didn't do Jack sh!t in 2014!!!

jon hoke has a lot of work to do gamecocks still can't tackle***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:22 PM

$14.5 million

Sep 14, 2015, 10:26 PM

Shouldn't you be doing work?

You have a lot of work to do to catch up to Vic Beasley.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 14, 2015, 10:35 PM

if you get 10 sacks a year you are voted to the pro bowl, and if you do it for 10 years then you make hall of fame..and thats a 16 game schedule

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2015, 10:42 PM

PHI LT Jason Peters gave up a QB hit to Vic Beasley, but credit to Beasley; Peters only gave 8 total knockdowns (sacks + hits) last season

Re: as always, if you bring up a legitimate critique

Sep 14, 2015, 11:48 PM

Some on Tigernet accuse you of being a Shamecock! Pitiful. One poster legitimately saw what I did. If it was running play going away from Beasley, he would JOG in the direction of the ball carrier. Effort is simply attitude. And I couldn't give 2 Sh!ts about Doo Doo Clowney!

Careful..many tnetters don't know how to react to statistics

Sep 15, 2015, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Beasley has a lot of work to do ]

Well articulated arguments supported by relevant fact isn't the way of of discussing a subject among many of those that frequent this board.

Rumor has it that Crump used to have a paragraph in the "terms of use" that expressly forbid the use of any relevant facts in order to prove a point or win an argument.

When if comes to Tnet, in the course of any type of disagreement it's considered proper etiquette just to call the other person a coot and leave it at that. In the event that the person retaliates with statements of any kind whatsoever, it's very important to repeat your previous post calling them a coot. This should be repeated of minimum of 6 times before walking away like a gentleman.

On very rare occasions this rule is superseded by what's often called the "Pumper-Dumper Clause." If the disagreement is related to two fans watching the same game, but coming to completely opposite conclusions in the optimist versus pessimist mold, it's very important to resist attempts to explain your point of view in a well thought out manner. Instead, quickly changing the tone of the argument to back and forth labeling of either Pumper or Dumper is considered to be the proper behavior of a Tnet gentleman.

Please do not take these rules lightly. Although it may appear these were written in a joking manner, these are actually very serious. Most veteran tnetters will never truly respect you in the slightest until you begin using the correct Tnet etiquette.

Beasley is 246 pounds

Sep 15, 2015, 12:34 AM

Jason Peters PHI LT is an 11-year veteran and weighs 328.

More bulk would obviously help. The speed is there. Often tonight he rushed too far up field instead of closing in on the pocket. All Peters had to do was push him along, and Bradford would step up and VB would be out of the play. I know he has outside contain but in passing situations he needs to get to the QB!! That's how you stay in the league and get paid. We have had several players drafted high who have not been successful in the NFL. RIP Gaines Adams

Re: Beasley is 246 pounds

Sep 15, 2015, 12:36 AM

DL* drafted high

Falcons showed they have faith by making him the starter

Sep 15, 2015, 1:34 AM

You don't have to worry about Beasley putting in hard work, like some other first rounders...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Falcons showed they have faith by making him the starter

Sep 15, 2015, 6:47 AM

I could be wrong, but Beasley's logged more NFL minutes than Clowney did in all of 2014.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic