Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beasley & Clowney 4 Yrs Ago...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Beasley & Clowney 4 Yrs Ago...

Jan 15, 2014, 9:50 PM

Who would have believed four years ago that Clemson would be the team with a First Team Pre Season All American DE going into the '14 season?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

karma***

Jan 15, 2014, 9:56 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beasley & Clowney 4 Yrs Ago...

Jan 15, 2014, 10:08 PM

No one expected Clowney to stay 4 years in the first place...

No one expected him to stay

Jan 15, 2014, 10:10 PM

academically eligible. Good thing he went to Coot U.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nor did anyone expect

Jan 15, 2014, 10:44 PM

Vic to have 3X as many sacks this season! Hahahaha suck it doo doo and suck it coots

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nor did anyone expect

Jan 16, 2014, 12:50 PM

Clowney is still a bigger name than Beasley will ever be. Everyone around the nation recognizes his name, Beasley? not so much.

He was a drama queen about his recruitment, he was the

Jan 16, 2014, 12:56 PM

No.1 pick, and the best player on your team for 2 years now. Vic was overshadowed by Sammy, Tajh, and Nuk, not to mention last year was his first year playing full time. Of course he's a bigger name now. But I still think Vic will garner his fair share of attention

Clemson

Overshadowed?

Jan 16, 2014, 1:33 PM

Marcus Lattimore says "hello".

Since he didn't play much beyond October, Marcus

Jan 16, 2014, 1:35 PM

didn't really overshadow Clowney in 2012

Clemson

What trophy did that get ya!?!

Jan 16, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Nor did anyone expect ]

I mean did you get the BCS big name trophy or something?!?!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: What trophy did that get ya!?!

Jan 16, 2014, 1:34 PM

No but it did get us a top 5 bcs finish, which is something Clemson has never accomplished.

Since the BCS wasn't around in '81, yes***

Jan 16, 2014, 1:35 PM

Clemson

Re: Since the BCS wasn't around in '81, yes***

Jan 16, 2014, 2:35 PM

This how you won in "81"
Danny Ford Era: 1978–1989: On November 21, 1982, the football program was placed on probation for a 2-year period to include the 1983 and 1984 seasons. This sanction was enforced on the program by the NCAA Committee on Infractions due to a lengthy history of recruiting violations to gain an athletic advantage that had taken place from 1977 through the Tigers' 1981 National Championship season and into 1982, under the administration of two head coaches, Charlie Pell and Danny Ford. Over 150 documented violations were found to have been committed under NCAA bylaws in the categories of improper recruiting inducements, extra benefits to student-athletes, ethical conduct, improper financial aid, improper campus visits, improper transportation and entertainment, improper use of funds, improper employment, improper recruiting contact, and distribution of cash to players by members of the coaching staff.[1] As a result of these violations, Clemson was publicly reprimanded and censured by the NCAA. The football team was barred from participating in bowl games following the 1982 and 1983 seasons, and barred from appearing on live television in the 1983 and 1984 seasons. Also, the number of scholarships that the university could allocate to football players was restricted to 20 (from the normal limit of 30) for the 1983-84 and 1984-85 academic years. Charles Alan Wright, chairman of the NCAA Committee on Infractions said at the time, "Due to the large number and serious nature of the violations in this case, the committee believed that institutional sanctions related to appearances on television and in postseason football bowl games were appropriate. In addition, because the violations indicated a pattern of improper recruiting activities, the committee determined that a two-year limitation on financial aid to new recruits should be imposed to offset any recruiting advantage that was gained improperly by the university."[2][3] Just five years after their probation ended, Clemson once again found their football program accused of multiple recruiting violations in January 1990.[4] The NCAA accused Clemson of giving cash to players and having illegal contact with recruits over a period from 1984 to 1988. In June 1990, the Tigers found themselves on probation once again, for the second time in less than a decade.[5] This chain of events contributed, in part, to the forced resignation of popular head coach Danny Ford.[6] After a few years away from coaching, Ford was hired by the Arkansas in 1992, where he would spend five seasons guiding the Razorbacks.

Re: Since the BCS wasn't around in '81, yes***

Jan 16, 2014, 2:37 PM

Congrats you are on probation currently.

null

Indeed, this "5 win streak" is surely tainted as well***

Jan 16, 2014, 4:14 PM

Clemson

Re: Nor did anyone expect

Jan 16, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Nor did anyone expect ]

Only the mouthbreather bandwagons fans don't know who Beasley is. You can keep those.

Serious college football fans know exactly who Beasley is and recognize his impact on a vastly improved Clemson D-line.

And clowney is a bigger name than South Carolina

Jan 16, 2014, 12:53 PM

Don't worry he will drag them both down soon.

ESPiN had to say something good about every SEC team.

Jan 16, 2014, 12:58 PM

Clowney's hit was the highlight of the century for USuCk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are we really arguing about prom king now?

Jan 16, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to And clowney is a bigger name than South Carolina ]

Dag gum Heathers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

We knew it wouldn't be Clowney, everyone knew he was 3 and

Jan 16, 2014, 12:57 PM

out.

Everyone.

Jan 16, 2014, 2:37 PM

We all knew Clowney would only be at USC three years, then leave to be a Top 10 draft pick.

So now its top 10 eh? What happened to sure fire #1 that

Jan 16, 2014, 2:39 PM

we've all heard for 2 years?

LULZ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

But did you know he'd only show up for two years?***

Jan 16, 2014, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Everyone. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But did you know he'd only show up for two years?***

Jan 16, 2014, 2:47 PM

I know he said he would never lose to Clemson so he has that going for him. That and about to be top 5 pick and a multimillionaire.

Doubt he would trade anything he and the team has accomplished in his 3 years for anything you guys have accomplished during his time at Carolina.

link? not that I don't trust you. .

Jan 16, 2014, 2:52 PM

Just don't remember him ever saying that in the press. I remember the boys is scared comments but no Clemson predictions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

actually 3 years ago, I didn't

Jan 16, 2014, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Everyone. ]

Think he would qualify for a div 1 school. . Then when he got into trouble at 5 points, I didn't think he would have the fortitude to stay out of trouble. I was proven wrong on both.

Re: actually 3 years ago, I didn't

Jan 16, 2014, 2:59 PM

Sort of like when your top 10 pick got into a little trouble, I didn't think he would make it but what is a little pot and prescription drugs to a college kid?

See, both had their brushes but both made it and now have a chance to have a very good life. Hope Watkins goes high in draft and has great life, just like I hope the same for Clowney.

Re: actually 3 years ago, I didn't

Jan 16, 2014, 4:13 PM

To all of my Family at the University of South Carolina, Fans, Coaches, Media, and above all my Teammates,

I want to thank all of you for the love and support that you have shown me in my years at the University of South Carolina. I have been blessed to have attended the University of South Carolina, and I will forever be a Gamecock. It is hard to believe that the years have gone by so fast and my time here has come to an end, but I will always carry you with me in the NFL and wherever I go in life. I am extremely excited about the opportunity to play in the NFL. This dream would not have been possible without each and every one of you, and you will always be in my heart.

Thank You,
Jadeveon Clowney #7

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic