Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
“Be Weak & Die!” Seeking Clues Behind Trump’s Weekend Twitter Barrage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 640

“Be Weak & Die!” Seeking Clues Behind Trump’s Weekend Twitter Barrage

Mar 19, 2019, 9:49 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/18/us/politics/trump-weekend-tweets.html

Just wondering what you guys think when you see that headline. What is the impression you get that Trump was saying? Because to me, it came across that he was being very aggressive toward a political foe, even wishing death on them. But I might be in the minority.

Here is the full quote:
“The losers all want what you have, don’t give it to them. Be strong & prosper, be weak & die!”

He was apparently talking to a Fox News executive about some suspensions this weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: “Be Weak & Die!” Seeking Clues Behind Trump’s Weekend Twitter Barrage

Mar 19, 2019, 9:52 AM

I dont really care. I have two kids, sports, a job that is in the middle of a selling season and I also have a hankering to find an FJ40 to have for this summer.

I really couldn't careless what he says, as long as the economy is good, no major conflict and the checks and balances are in place....which they are, I am tuning all of this out. Just keep on making me money, that is really all I care about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love this deflection.

Mar 19, 2019, 10:10 AM

Defend the President constantly. When it's something that's hard to defend/justify it's I don't care.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: I love this deflection.

Mar 19, 2019, 10:18 AM

I will defend him as he is making me money and there are no major conflicts. That is a winner in my book. So yes, I will defend him on that, but when it comes to Twitter and what he says.....who cares.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love this deflection.

Mar 19, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to I love this deflection. ]

Also, once you learn that he is just trolling you social justice twitter outrage morons, the better off you will be and have time for more important things.

Am I the only one who thinks the man with

Mar 19, 2019, 10:58 AM

the most powerful job in the world shouldn't be considered a troll?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one who thinks the man with

Mar 19, 2019, 11:04 AM

Obama was, but much more subtle, especially when it came to race relations. He was just smarter in how he trolled.

Re: Am I the only one who thinks the man with

Mar 19, 2019, 2:15 PM

that was all in your head... HTH.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that's an interesting thing to say...

Mar 19, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Am I the only one who thinks the man with ]

"Don't worry about it...the President of the United States is just trolling."

*(but he's not just trolling)*

Mar 19, 2019, 11:14 AM

It's clear he's broadcasting his true feelings. He talks the same way, whenever it's not scripted speech.

71% of 'Muricans think the economy is doing well

Mar 19, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to I love this deflection. ]

suck eggs.....

Like Trump, you are quick to take/give full credit for the

Mar 19, 2019, 11:46 AM

performance of the economy to the POTUS. When it tanks (and it's pretty obviously coming), you'll predictably deflect to some other reason....like Trump. Own when good, deflect when not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here, I'll preemptively help:

Mar 19, 2019, 11:47 AM

THE FEDS RAISED RATES! NOT FAIR!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupid fed chair***

Mar 19, 2019, 11:48 AM

Mostly Trump cause he got the Tax reductions doen

Mar 19, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Like Trump, you are quick to take/give full credit for the ]

Regulatory relief, etc. Congress gets some credit, too.

Any President should get credit for how things are

Mar 19, 2019, 12:00 PM

going in the country. If the economy were higher on my list of "what's important to me," he'd be more likely to get my vote.

You do understand what the enormous spending deficit

Mar 19, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Mostly Trump cause he got the Tax reductions doen ]

as a result of the tax cuts portends, don't you? Like...your guy will be DIRECTLY responsible for the coming inflation, potentially hyper-inflation. You follow that?

Don't matter. Bengaline's crowd is banking on

Mar 19, 2019, 12:07 PM

not being here in the next 10-20 years.

Burn it to the ground. As long as my retirement check doesn't change.

That will be the fault of the libs***

Mar 19, 2019, 3:30 PM [ in reply to You do understand what the enormous spending deficit ]

i'm trying to figure out the difference between

Mar 19, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to You do understand what the enormous spending deficit ]

huge deficits with higher taxes and
huge deficits with lower taxes

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like Trump, you are quick to take/give full credit for the

Mar 19, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Like Trump, you are quick to take/give full credit for the ]

What? Are you speaking english here?

Ok, so if the economy is good, who do you want me to pin it on? Your local legislator? The Fed Chair...an Admin from 4 years ago? Who do you want to take the credit.

If the economy tanks and he is in the chair, then we shall see what happens as he is squarely the one to take the blame.

Not sure what you are reaching for, but it isn't there. I have praised Obama on many occasions in this forum for the good that he had done for this Country.

Just because I like Trump and is Admin doesn't give you the right to dismiss everything that is said that is good with America at this time.

No, I don't think so...

Mar 19, 2019, 9:58 AM

He was stating the inverse of "be strong and prosper". If we become "weak", then we "die". In his opinion, of course.

As for the Twitter "rampage"...

Mar 19, 2019, 10:00 AM

It's nothing new. The President chooses to go on the internet and whine whenever someone says something a little bad about him. He's always done it.

Trump twitters, Joungers get drunk....***

Mar 19, 2019, 11:11 AM

Interestingly, a lot of responses seem to be assessing Trump

Mar 19, 2019, 1:07 PM [ in reply to No, I don't think so... ]

which is fine...this being a discussion forum. My intent was to discuss the headline, which was in the subject of my post, and see if anyone else had the same take that I did.

My take is that the NYTs, in quoting only the second part of that Tweet and calling it a “Barrage”, implies that the President is attacking someone in that Tweet, when in fact, as you say, he was just offering the counterpoint to being strong and prospering for a news organization.

As always, I think these efforts are deliberate and obvious, but some of you may read the headline differently than I did.

null

Speaking for myself only, I did misread your intent.

Mar 19, 2019, 1:34 PM

I did not read your post as being critical of the headline, but of the President. Reading your OP after reading your reply, now I see what you were saying.

It was using Trump's most aggressive language to grab attn

Mar 19, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Interestingly, a lot of responses seem to be assessing Trump ]

Considering all that Trump covered and attacked in his 50 tweets, "barrage" seems very accurate as a description.

Not sure how you could have an issue with the headline and not the barrage of tweets by Trump. Or why you would think the headline is a bigger story than the President of the United States tweeting absurd things.

Where did I discuss the relative concern of

Mar 19, 2019, 3:44 PM

the agenda-driven headline to the frantic Presidential Tweeting?

null

That's the impression you gave off

Mar 19, 2019, 3:58 PM

at least to me. You seemed concerned more about what you perceived was an "agenda-driven" headline using Trump's language against him than you did the substance of the piece itself. But fair enough, let's only talk about the headline. Why didn't you like the use of "barrage?"

Well as I said, the selection of quote coupled with “barrage”

Mar 19, 2019, 4:12 PM

makes it sound like he was attacking someone with “stay weak and die”, which I believe to be intentional on the part of the NYT, because it is such an easy thing to NOT do. I don’t respect the current journalistic climate and I think it is especially damaging for our country that the Media have not only picked sides, but worse, sacrifice an objective relaying of the news in order to further their agenda. So I’m sensitive...perhaps excessively so...to those sorts of things. Which is why I wanted to see if anyone else saw the same.

null

Ok, well, I hope the responses were helpful***

Mar 19, 2019, 4:17 PM

The man is not well.

Mar 19, 2019, 10:20 AM

This seems to support the idea that AIDS contracted from dirty pron stars can negatively affect the brain.

"Sir, Festivus is once a year, not once a week"

Mar 19, 2019, 11:04 AM

is something that an aide really needs to tell the guy. The airing of grievances is supposed to be sacred.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Be Weak & Die!” Seeking Clues Behind Trump’s Weekend Twitter Barrage

Mar 22, 2019, 7:20 AM

Most of the time, not always, there is a cryptic message in a Trump tweet. Once the skill is acquired to decode these tweets, you understand he’s signaling his base with everything from progress updates, status on issues, what to expect and what’s yet to come. Pretty much the stuff that the media won’t talk about. Makes his tweets look weird sometimes with grammar and misspelled words, but his message gets delivered.

Replies: 33
| visibility 640
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic