Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why isn't ESPn Gameday at Clemson this week?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,512

Why isn't ESPn Gameday at Clemson this week?

Oct 18, 2018, 10:19 PM

Seems like we have the best game of the weekend. Two undefeated team, both in top 15. Showing two 5-1 teams: #12 vs #25 seems odd.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why isn't ESPn Gameday at Clemson this week?

Oct 18, 2018, 10:23 PM

Desmond made the call

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Desmond made the call

Oct 19, 2018, 6:55 AM

...while lying in bed twitting his tweeter.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that stupid WSU flag.***

Oct 18, 2018, 10:24 PM

How ironic would it be if the WSU flag didn't fly

Oct 18, 2018, 11:02 PM

at WSU? Just a thought.

Oct 18, 2018, 10:26 PM

I’m sure it’s because Bryant left and no one was interested in watching these backups play a team that hasn’t played anyone with a pulse.

WSU is a major part of CGD. This is pretty much their only

Oct 18, 2018, 10:55 PM

shot at a CGD showcase. You can see by this reception that it is something special to them.
We expect it. They appreciate it. Plus Leach and ESPN have a very close relationship.
Sure, it will be 6AM there, but it will be the most appreciated CGD we’ve seen in a while. Yes, the NCSU vs. CU game deserves first-class treatment, but the reception in Pullman will be outstanding.
We have our wish. When the best are mentioned, you will hear the word Clemson. Get used to it. We have arrived. We don’t need CGD’s approval to stroke our egos. We’re now expected to win. We’re now expected to be in the CFP. I guess I’m saying Clemson has arrived, and that is much more important than a show’s location.

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1052705138752798721?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1052705138752798721&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.saturdaydownsouth.com%2Fsec-football%2Fwatch-washington-state-fans-give-college-gameday-bus-an-absolutely-wild-welcome%2F

Bc Ohio State might get beat

Oct 18, 2018, 10:59 PM

Or at least they’re banking on a scare.

told you***

Oct 22, 2018, 9:03 AM

Oct 18, 2018, 11:35 PM

The only thing I ever miss is the better camera equipment and production staff that come with being the top ESPN game of the week. The talking head clowns nobody will miss.

I heard Cook Out would have catered instead of Smokin' Pig

Oct 19, 2018, 12:43 AM

so ESPN said "I'm out"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 6:37 AM

For some reason, I dunno why exactly, but I'm kind of glad that we don't have the Gameday Circus in town for NC State this weekend, because there's no real upside to it other than a bit of extra fun and time to get drunk before the game.

I don't want our guys focusing on that nonsense so it doesn't distract from their focus for this game.

Also, there's no real upshot to it for us since people will just say...oh well duh it was JUST NC State if we get the W. But if we were to LOSE, it would just be an ever BIGGER spotlight on us making us look like garbage in front of the CFBP Committee, losing to a team that's traditionally considered to be a non-elite opponent.

PS: I'm not saying NC State isn't a good team this year. I think they are an amazing team. I just saying that for people that don't follow either of our teams but would just see this one game highlighted because of Gameday...perceptions ore misconceptions are what they are but they can still affect you.

Oct 19, 2018, 7:09 AM

Homecoming already has enough extra activity without adding that kind of chaos and possibly tearing up Bowman Field again. All we really need to show up are the team, the Tiger & Cub, the band, and 80,000 people who didn't already strain their vocal cords hours before kickoff. We're good!

Handful of reasons

Oct 19, 2018, 7:03 AM

-The flag being there for 20ish years is pretty remarkable, they can do a fluff piece on that
-State doesn’t have barely any national name recognition so that hurts us
-I don’t think ESPN thinks our game will be particularly close either, which lessens the value
-With the Hilinski suicide this summer, they will certainly have a Rinaldi/Woj piece that will make you cry
-Mike Leach is an absolute riot and getting him on set is great entertainment value because you never know what he’s going to say
-They’ve never been so they know the crowd will be bananas (not that ours won’t)

I couldn’t care less if Gameday comes really. At this point it’s not getting us noticeably more exposure than we already have. I thought this one should be a night game but not getting Gameday isn’t a huge deal to me and I understand why they’re in Pullman.

Oct 19, 2018, 8:00 AM

Sometimes they just want to go to a new place. Going to the same places every year can get old. Some weeks it’s not about going to the site of the best game.

Oct 19, 2018, 8:42 AM

Truth be told ole Desdumb feared for his life after his finesse comments. He didn't want to be trucked while on stage.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 8:44 AM

Because Desmond Howard is skeered! Lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I blame the Russians for interfering.

Oct 19, 2018, 9:29 AM

They have definitely brainwashed Desmond Howard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 11:33 AM

I usually watch game day but will not be watching this weekend. This is by far the best match up this weekend with the most on the line. They already had one PAC 12 game on game day and that’s more than enough for me. #12 vs #25 is a waist to me but my opinion doesn’t matter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Different take. I expect the fact that Bowman field was full

Oct 22, 2018, 9:08 AM

of Homecoming floats and the HFH house made logistics a potential nightmare. And if they didn't set up on Bowman where? The soccer field?

Just my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,512
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic