Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bassmaster classic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,659

Bassmaster classic

Feb 20, 2015, 6:43 AM

Not football related but I'm sure glad I'm not a pro angler having to fish on Lake Hartwell early today. Of course the prospect of winning $300,000 may warm you up a little.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In this kind of weather I wouldn't give five cents to see

Feb 20, 2015, 6:58 AM

the Statue of Liberty herself out on a boat fishing...not even if the little b's crapped gold ingots. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can you imagine flyin' across that lake at 50+ mph this

Feb 20, 2015, 7:05 AM

morning....you gotta get to your honey hole AND they took an hour and a half away from ya.

I can't imagine driving my car 50+ mph in this weather...

Feb 20, 2015, 7:13 AM

Might not allow the heater to work efficiently....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About15 years ago, I was chasing stripers on Murray when it

Feb 20, 2015, 8:06 AM

was 15-18 degrees. I left the dock at first light in a 20' Ranger with a 200 H.P. Black Mercury on the back. I had about a 7 minute ride at 70 plus MPH. When I got to my spot and got on the deck to start casting, I looked back and that big black motor was solid WHITE!!

Re: Bassmaster classic

Feb 20, 2015, 7:59 AM

I've fished tournaments in that kind of weather. You make a couple of casts, then have to stick your rod in the water to thaw the ice off of the rod eyes because they have already frozen and have ice in them. The boat ramp freezes up after every other trailer gets pulled out of the water, which makes the boat landing a fun place to watch the chaos. You have to wear full shield helmets or the wind freezes your brain while running back and forth across the lake at 70 mph.
Long, hard days on the water.

I told a friend of mine yesterday, it is days like these

Feb 20, 2015, 8:12 AM

that I am glad I am a professional Realtor and NOT a professional bass fisherman....

Re: I told a friend of mine yesterday, it is days like these

Feb 20, 2015, 8:37 AM

Me too. Our club fished a tournament on Murray some years back and at blast off was 12 degrees. Never got over 36 that day. I draw the line now at 20 degrees. Colder''n that...I'm staying inside.

Feb 20, 2015, 8:07 AM

It's days like today that make me say... wow bass fishing really can be a sport.

null

Fishing or Football

Feb 20, 2015, 8:39 AM

I think I would rather be fishing than running downfield on a kickoff in this weather. Imagine getting hit coming accross the middle with your arms extended...hitting the turf..or just trying to grip the football..fishing just sounds better today.

Feb 20, 2015, 8:43 AM

I'm in no tournament but I love fishing. I'll be at the water mid day :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,659
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic