Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball on life support
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Basketball on life support

Jan 2, 2020, 1:13 PM

We have lost 2 ACC games AT HOME to middle of the pack to lower ACC teams. We all knew this team would not be good but we are looking here at less than 10 wins TOTAL !! Where can 4 more wins come from I ask you ? And forget beating ANYBODY on the road . I feel bad for Coach Brownell. The future looks better if we hold on to our recruits but we have to somehow just SURVIVE this year to keep things intact. Right now with anything less than divine intervention I don't see that happening. Another chance is N.C. State on Saturday. We are competitive we just can't win !! For all the good luck we seem to have in football it seems basketball is totally opposite. It is just unbelievable the way we lose games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were on life support last season. The plug was pulled

Jan 2, 2020, 1:18 PM

When Brownell wasn’t fired. This is purgatory right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you are right. Seems like

Jan 2, 2020, 1:23 PM

Hades to me. Can it get much worse? Only if BB is retained at the end of the season.

Re: Basketball on life support

Jan 2, 2020, 1:21 PM

Basketball has been on life support since BB arrived.

Jan 2, 2020, 1:21 PM

Agree, definitely had some tough luck and 10 wins may be it. Need more scorers, so when one is cold another can take up the slack.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Life support? They’ve already read the eulogy.

Jan 2, 2020, 1:23 PM

wait we have a basketball team

Jan 2, 2020, 1:24 PM

oh thats right i stopped following when Brownell wasnt replace. Joking.. Seriously i get we are not a Basketball school but at least be able to compete some years and make the tourney from time to time. we cant even do that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 2:32 PM

Head basketball coaches must be able to recruit 3-5 excellent prospects each and every year. We have been unable to do so with Brad. They must also be able to coach their players on how to finish games. Against Miami near the end of the game we were demonstrating great success going inside to the basket - we stopped and started taking ill-advised three point shots from the outside which we cannot hit - therefore we lost the game! How many times has this happened over the past three to four years with Brad at the helm? Poor recruiting and bad end-game coaching! Simple as that!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic