Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball has
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 822

Basketball has

Feb 13, 2019, 11:24 AM

the most games decided by referees and is the hardest sport to officiate. The majority of calls made by referees are complete judgment calls. Because there is no concrete definition of what a foul is, what a charge is. Even Travels are missed all the time by officials. If you combine all this with the randomness of when and what you can check the replay on, It makes basketball a really frustrating experience for fans, and part of the reason why Basketball will never be as popular as football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball has

Feb 13, 2019, 12:13 PM

I totally agree. It's why the game is lower on my interest list than it would be. Case in point, Saturday's 4th foul call on Elijah Thomas was total fantasy and at the time I said it might cost us the game. The ref even slung his elbow making up out of thin air an action that never occurred. Clearly many games are decided by the referees preconceived notions about what is going to happen. Most close games could be called a farce.

Which makes it the easiest to manipulate.***

Feb 13, 2019, 12:21 PM

Re: Which makes it the ideal sport for tar holes!***

Feb 13, 2019, 1:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep...I feel exactly the same way

Feb 13, 2019, 1:57 PM

and it changes based on the type of game being played (physical, slow, up and down, etc.) and who the teams are and what the game situation is. If Team A is on a good run then alot of times they'll get away with some calls and especially so when its in front of the home crowd.

Replies: 4
| visibility 822
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic