Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Update: Coleman Relieved of Duties From Clemson Women's Basketball Post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Basketball Update: Coleman Relieved of Duties From Clemson Women's Basketball Post

Mar 8, 2013, 11:12 AM

Coleman Relieved of Duties From Clemson Women's Basketball Post

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how many players left this yr?***

Mar 8, 2013, 11:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how many players left this yr?***

Mar 8, 2013, 11:35 AM

I believe they finished the year with 8

I dont mean this as "sexist" or un-PC, however:

Mar 8, 2013, 1:01 PM

Taking over an ACC program thats down as Coach Coleman did was very poor timing to be pregnant every year like she was. I think it's wonderful that she has grown her family, but I think the program paid the price. Rebulding the Clemson Womans program was not her main focus these past years and the writing was on the wall for her. The States best players have left for UNC, Miami, Kansas State and now are going to Carolina where they have a DEDICATED Coach thats working her butt off for the Gamecocks. We deserve someones full attention. Coleman's an incredible woman and a true Tiger, but she was not the right choice for Coach. I hope Rad goes out an gets someone that can recruit our own state. Right this minute we have a couple the higestet rated girls in the country at West Ashley and Heathwood Hall. Stroman's girl going to Miami was slap in not only USC's face , but definately Clemson's.

Re: I dont mean this as "sexist" or un-PC, however:

Mar 8, 2013, 6:32 PM

It's not "sexist" if it's true and it is true what you said about her being pregnant and wanting a family.

Re: Basketball Update: Coleman Relieved of Duties From Clemson Women's Basketball Post

Mar 8, 2013, 11:17 AM

"National Coaching search"

We haven't had one of those in years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

no more time allotted for those mid-day naps***

Mar 8, 2013, 11:52 AM

WHODIS?***

Mar 8, 2013, 11:28 AM

Re: Why so late? Do we have to, always, have our face

Mar 8, 2013, 11:32 AM

pushed in before we strike back?

Rad just got hired. New leadership on

Mar 8, 2013, 11:46 AM

the move. Your frustration is with Terry Don not with Rad.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Rad just sent . . .

Mar 8, 2013, 11:34 AM

a message to Clemson coaches. 'Bout time . . .

Glad he did but............

Mar 8, 2013, 11:45 AM

this one seemed like a no brainer! Of course, I thought the same about the previous coach and nothing happened.

Re: Glad he did but............

Mar 8, 2013, 11:49 AM

FWIW, if I were Jack and Brownell and I'd be sweating a little more now. Rad appears to like to win . . .

Re: Glad he did but............

Mar 8, 2013, 12:20 PM

Firing is the easy part. Anyone can fire a coach.
A new coach doesn't mean you are going to win.
What have his previous hires done?

There is no disupting that Itoro needed to go

Mar 8, 2013, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Glad he did but............ ]

Great Clemson alumni and former player, but it was obvious that she was in over her head. That record is miserable.

Maybe they'll go out and try to kiss and make up with Davis :)

Re: Basketball Update: Coleman Relieved of Duties From Clemson Women's Basketball Post

Mar 8, 2013, 11:45 AM

what was her duty- losing games? who gets t do that now?

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball Update:

Mar 8, 2013, 11:54 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same type of announcement next week about Brownell

the only problem with Brownell, the longer he's here

Mar 8, 2013, 11:58 AM

the more of a recruiting hole we dig ourselves into. Good coach that is just recruiting his way out of a job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the only problem with Brownell, the longer he's here

Mar 8, 2013, 12:34 PM

I disagree. OP had dug a hole so deep because no one wanted to play for him and he sucked as a coach. BB is a good coach and recruiter. If they leave him alone, in 2 more years, you will be talking about how awesome he is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2013, 12:04 PM

Can Ali Rogers play bball? I'd come support the team

Did you mean to leave off

Mar 8, 2013, 12:25 PM

those last three words ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

unfortunate, but that team was dying***

Mar 8, 2013, 12:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2013, 8:13 PM

What is the delay in getting rid of Brownell? He sucks more than Coleman. The ladies left because they could not handle the strong handed nature of her coaching style. Watch when the next coach comes aboard the team will expload in the ACC because of the hard knock prior years. Sorry to see Coleman go!!

Hire Carey Green!!!!!!!!!

Mar 8, 2013, 10:29 PM

He has ties to Clemson and his teams are averaging over 24 wins per year. Read this article to get the entire picture of how good of a coach he is.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10867&CoachID=584&TeamID=7

lol

Mar 9, 2013, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Update: Coleman Relieved of Duties From Clemson Women's Basketball Post ]

Strong handed nature of her coaching style? Get pregnant and leave half way through a season for all but one of the years you are here, boy that sounds like a great coach.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic