Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball IS important !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,010

Basketball IS important !

Jan 2, 2020, 8:05 PM

I love football but Clemson folks need to wake up and realize that BASKETBALL IS IMPORTANT ! The NCAA tournament is a BIG DEAL and we need to understand that and be thirsty to be a part of it. Basketball is not just a casual thing between football and spring football and baseball. We tend to be as bad about this as Duke/UNC is about football. When you had rather go to the spring game ( a glorified PRACTICE !!) as opposed to an ACTUAL basketball game then it is an indication of total ignorance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know of no one on this board who disagrees....

Jan 2, 2020, 8:09 PM

Just be competitive.

Further, football season isn’t over yet. We have a fairly important game coming up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly. it is important to most. I recall some good

Jan 2, 2020, 8:13 PM

teams generating a ton of excitement and packing out Littlejohn.

Fan interest is not the problem.

So you're telling me fire Brownell***

Jan 2, 2020, 8:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where? Not here, or Brownell would’ve been fired 6 years ago

Jan 2, 2020, 8:13 PM

Re: Basketball IS important !

Jan 2, 2020, 8:14 PM

And DRad doesn't seem to be interested in fixing the other sports because he is living off of what TDP started in football.

It's sad to see that louisville baseball is ranked #1, and both men's and women's basketball are considered to be national championship-caliber.

The heart wants what the heart wants. ***

Jan 2, 2020, 8:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: The heart wants what the heart wants. ***

Jan 2, 2020, 9:20 PM

… and the pulse is often an indicator of desire.

Let me help you out here . . .

Jan 2, 2020, 9:14 PM

Loyal Clemson fans have been starving for a good, top level basketball program for decades. It's not us that doesn't want it or doesn't regard it as important, it's the university and those with the power to do something about it that have totally said to #### with it, screw basketball. It's hard for the fans to be enthused when the university has given up all hope of having an excellent basketball program, and accepted permanent mediocrity.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Let me help you out here . . .

Jan 2, 2020, 9:32 PM

True. I’m afraid baseball could be headed in that direction. The World Series for the Tigers is a thing of the past. Baseball has been a small step above basketball for a while.

Re: Basketball IS important ! Agreed I think

Jan 2, 2020, 10:24 PM

but how would we know given what we have

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,010
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic