Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

FB Update: Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me

Aug 23, 2016, 10:27 AM

Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If "you" don't care, then don't give SAS the pub, Tay...

Aug 23, 2016, 10:33 AM

Pulling for you young man, but you put yourself in the cross hairs - sack up, begin each day serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

[GWP in 3... 2...]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did someone say too high?

Aug 23, 2016, 10:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Tay needs to learn how to

Aug 23, 2016, 11:06 AM [ in reply to If "you" don't care, then don't give SAS the pub, Tay... ]

weed out the bad influences in his life; it will be a joint effort between Tay, his family, friends, and fellow players. Hopefully he's using this time to hash out a workable plan for making improvements in his life. Time to stop being a dope, Tay!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Tay needs to learn how to

Aug 23, 2016, 11:18 AM

good job cutigerbob. Kind of blunt and to the point. Looks like you know all the slang words associated with the issue.
I wish him well.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only way to stop a bully is to stand up to them

Aug 23, 2016, 11:21 AM [ in reply to If "you" don't care, then don't give SAS the pub, Tay... ]

that's all Smith is, a bully who thinks he's untouchable.

A bully is someone you punch in the mouth, then they back

Aug 23, 2016, 11:24 AM

down and I'd support Tay in whipping SAS' ####, but he's not going to win a war of words with SAS, which is what Tay's attempting.

Sorry, but SAS lives by that feud and what Tay is attempting is patently ####### stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of my favorite sayings, and totally applies here......

Aug 23, 2016, 10:36 AM

"Entertain a clown - become part of the circus."

Stephen A Smith is a ######, arrogant, narcissist, waste of ESPN's money - and your time.

Go get well. Pay that asshat no attention, and do you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of my favorite sayings, and totally applies here......

Aug 23, 2016, 10:51 AM

Each, to supposedly have college educations, come off looking like idiots. Sometimes one would better off just keeping silent, but both could stand to think carefully before going back and forth. Smith obviously thinks highly of himself.

Go Tigers!

Smith is paid to be a troll***

Aug 23, 2016, 10:58 AM

#FreeMartavis***

Aug 23, 2016, 10:59 AM

Bryant comes across as not very smart here as SAS

Aug 19, 2016, 11:38 AM

took the high road in his tweets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He took the high road?

Aug 23, 2016, 11:20 AM

by acting all high and mighty and pretending he has "facts" that Martavis doesn't want to get out? You must be joking.

Yes, Bryant just needs to be quiet and get through this.***

Aug 23, 2016, 11:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

making veiled threats is taking the HIGH road?***

Aug 23, 2016, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Bryant comes across as not very smart here as SAS ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me

Aug 23, 2016, 12:09 PM

Stephen A. is full of ****

He was never cut out to be an athlete so he simply talks about athletes.

Which gives him ZERO credibility.

SAS played college basketball.***

Aug 23, 2016, 1:11 PM

Re: SAS played college basketball.***

Aug 23, 2016, 2:08 PM

I apologize for not recognizing his strong athletic career at Winston-Salem State.

While he played basketball at WSS, he wrote a column

Aug 23, 2016, 2:54 PM

for the university paper, and now makes millions. I tip my cap to him.

where he open lobbied to have his HOF coach run***

Aug 23, 2016, 4:08 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me

Aug 23, 2016, 12:32 PM

If there's anyone who needs to just keep their mouths closed, eat some humble pie, and keep working on themselves... Martavis is certainly a candidate.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tay has every right to speak up for himself

Aug 23, 2016, 12:57 PM

especially with anyone who is out of line and simply babbling to have something to say. Tay is eating the humble pie, and he was keeping his mouth shut. Quite frankly, we hadn't heard anything from Tay since the suspension until Silly A** popped off about how Tay is dealing with the suspension and his time away from the NFL.
How is a 40 something year old man going to tell a 20 something to NOT work with youth when there are testimonies after testimonies of how giving of yourself to youth (because he is not getting paid) and allowing yourself to be vulnerable to them allows you to heal from your wounds and mistakes?? and then to be real slick and cynical with the comment?? There are a MUCH better ways to say what he felt, so, it seems to me that the adult in that convo was the 20 something...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tay has every right to speak up for himself

Aug 23, 2016, 1:44 PM

I don't know that starting a Twitter battle represents "being the adult" here. These sports media personalities have to generate some hoopla. I think it is reasonable to question whether or not Tay qualifies to be serving in such a capacity with young people based on his very recent history. Willingness to share your testimony doesn't necessarily mean it's wise to do so, but certainly engaging in a back and forth with a documented loud-mouthed media personality is not going to result in much good.

I have always hoped for the best for Tay and continue to do so, but IMHO, keep it to yourself, and if he is so interested in helping these young people out, focus there.

Aug 24, 2016, 1:16 PM

everyone who is working with youth should be vetted, whether they have a recent history of troubles or not. he is serving as a coach on the football team, not hanging out with them... the school district or administration should have a vetting process in place with requirements for engagement with the students, so being able to teach them to "puff, puff, pass" has probably been minimized or negated. and by the way, Tay has been focused out there and staying out of the limelight, Silly A** brought it all up and agitated "the sleeping dog"...

so, we know where you stand, you don't agree that Tay should have contact with youth at this time... that's cool, but there is a big difference in the way you expressed your opinion as opposed to Silly A**... and that's all i'm saying, whether they were on twitter, in the espn studios or on the street, there is a much better way to say what he wanted to say about it, and he should have exercised better adult judgement by going there, especially as a nearly 50 year old man...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Tay has every right to speak up for himself ]

Great post.
What better person to talk to kids about the consequences of making dumb mistakes than someone paying the price.
This guy was completely out of line with his criticism, especially the way he did it.
Bryant is more than justified in his responses to an unjust attack!

Stephen should have had more respect glad Tay didn't let it slide easy!

Aug 23, 2016, 2:47 PM

This is good motivation for Bryant too! I just hope he gets well too!

this is what college is for Tay - "growing up".....

Aug 23, 2016, 4:13 PM

so that you're ready to handle the difficulties and pressures

of the professional world

- whether you're a Doctor, Lawyer, Counselor, or Ball player.

YOU EFFED UP.

You coasted; you pizzed around; you styled and profiled;

you let your arrogance and greed get to you

and you failed to recognize that you had the best ### teacher in the business

giving you 4 years of life lessons and maturity FOR FREE.

being a pro ain't just about the cash bro -

it's about stepping up. now it's your time - if you can....

Re: this is what college is for Tay - "growing up".....

Aug 23, 2016, 4:15 PM

He failed a dt for weed. Lighten up.

Aug 23, 2016, 4:17 PM [ in reply to this is what college is for Tay - "growing up"..... ]

He styled and profiled?

He smoked a doobie.

The question is now being asked should they even be testing NFL players for weed , since so many of them do it , for many reasons

Aug 23, 2016, 5:09 PM

Stephen Smith, wow. The guy smoked weed. Stop acting all high and mighty about how he must be a bad person. The real outrage is that the stuff is even illegal or a banned substance. Lots of people smoke up daily and never hurt a soul. In fact, relaxing with a bowl relieves stress and can enable people to be more compassionate, more focused and harder working than they would be otherwise. Players smoke up on the day of the Superbowl and still play outstanding.

Gotta love the people that smoked up once and think they can judge others because they ate Doritos and got stupid once in college. Most long time users aren't like that at all. They are actual functioning people with few other problems. My brother smokes up daily and he just earned teacher of the year last year. A brother in law smokes up daily and had best sales in his company. If a little bit of weed helps people to live a productive happy life, more power to them (provided they don't drive or give to kids).

Let me guess, it's the same people who supposedly love freedom, but otherwise want to tell other people what they can and cannot do in their own homes.

Hate on haters

Aug 23, 2016, 6:03 PM

Stephen A is a known Jack @ss and known Troll. But he accomplished what he wanted, getting attention. It's not like all of a sudden public opinion will #### against Smith, no one liked him before. Thus Bryant was in a no win situation already.
All he can do is choose correctly at this point, and either put and keep that crap away, or not, and give up millions of dollars. Personally, I don't see him having that kind of earning potential any other way, so by doing the right thing (and legal) he kinda wins. If not, he's just another guy who failed to live up to his potential due to Pot. The world is filled with ballers who never panned out due to the hippy lettuce. As a Clemson man I hope he makes it, but it's 100% on him.

Aug 23, 2016, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: this is what college is for Tay - "growing up"..... ]

Post of the year

Haha what? Smoking makes your more focused and harder working?

Aug 23, 2016, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: this is what college is for Tay - "growing up"..... ]

Players smoke the day of the Super Bowl? I'd love to see where you pulled that one from.

Are you sure you didn't smoke before writing this?

Don't believe everything Nancy Reagan told you...

Aug 24, 2016, 5:14 PM

Lighting up before the Superbowl...
http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/former_nfl_player_says_teams_smoked_pot_prior_to_the_super_bowl.html

Basically, Bryant has learned nothing . . .

Aug 24, 2016, 10:07 AM

it's time to stop caring. It's his life, he will mess it up more probably.

I have always said

Aug 24, 2016, 12:36 PM

The A, in Stephen A. Smith. Do the math....

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic