Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wondering if DRad is woefully unprepared regarding ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,499

Wondering if DRad is woefully unprepared regarding ...

Mar 10, 2016, 11:05 AM

1) How disappointed and angry Clemson fans are about CBB and his team's performance - highlighted by last night's melt down.
2) Has done little, if any, pre-work on potential replacements for CBB.

My guess, DRad was fooled by January's little run in MBB. He is one either in denial of playing catch up.

But the "new" LJ will be ready next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think the outrage matters.

Mar 10, 2016, 11:18 AM

The contract extension was structured specifically to make it untenable for Clemson to fire Brownell before the end of next season.

With the opening of the refurbished Littlejohn, any lingering outrage (and I'm not convinced it will remain) will be mitigated by those curious to see the new facility. Any attendance issues won't truly force his hand until the following year.

I'm not happy about it but I tend to agree.***

Mar 10, 2016, 11:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I don't think the outrage matters.

Mar 10, 2016, 11:24 AM [ in reply to I don't think the outrage matters. ]

I fully expect that you are right. That said, I was so disappointed with the way we played in the last half of the game yesterday. I will admit that the officiating was horrible, but there was little coaching, IMO. I have no confidence that BB will get us where we want to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Littlejohn will be a ghost town in November/December.

Mar 10, 2016, 11:32 AM [ in reply to I don't think the outrage matters. ]

There will be near Zero enthusiasm to start. The team will have to come up with some wins early and avoid the nasty losses to crap teams to create some enthusiasm.

If history is any sort of guide, we still have a few transfers/early NBA entrants to deal with that could further lower enthusiasm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He always loses to a bunch of crap teams in Nov and Dec***

Mar 10, 2016, 11:37 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based solely on your handle...

Mar 10, 2016, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Littlejohn will be a ghost town in November/December. ]

I am going to assume you are a Charleston resident, and not a season ticket holder. That's important for only one reason: most non-season ticket holders don't know the calendar for basketball tickets (whereas everyone knows the calendar for football). Season ticket applications aren't due until the middle of September.

At that point, the basketball season is 6 months in the rearview mirror and everyone is buzzing with the optimism of the new football season.

Furthermore, the base of season ticket holders for basketball is generally comprised of a much more localized set of individuals. It wouldn't surprise me if the demand for season tickets (not walk-ups) wasn't as correlated to performance / expectations, as compared to football.

If there is any positive spillover from the season in Greenville, I don't think you'll see any impact.

And I say this as someone who fully expects Blossomgame to declare for the draft, and possibly for Hudson to take a look around. I also expect us to be active in acquiring transfers, as we still have two (2) scholarships open after the early signing period.

The demand for season tickets will fall relative to prior

Mar 10, 2016, 12:21 PM

years, though I would agree that the demand for season tickets may be somewhat inelastic.

However, attendance has been steadily declining under Coach Brownell. While season ticket sales may not fall dramatically, total ticket sales will continue to drop and ACTUAL attendance will continue the free fall.

Again, Littlejohn will be a ghost town in November and December. Once is probably enough to see the new facility unless the product on the floor shows dramatic improvement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But you are referencing specifically Nov and Dec...

Mar 10, 2016, 12:34 PM

The season ticket base has been the lion-share of the non-conference crowd for much of the past three years - simply because expectations have been incredibly low.

If the demand for season tickets is relatively inelastic with regards to performance, and if there is any bump whatsoever for the new facility / season in Greenville (new fans that purchased tickets for the first time), I can't see how the attendance dips significantly - which has been below the threshold of triggering any type of action.

And I have never been under the illusion that the athletic department cares about people in the stands - just so long as the money is in hand despite their non-attendance.

Reported attendance is down from 9,465 to app. 7,400 under

Mar 10, 2016, 1:45 PM

Coach Brownell, which I would assume is a good bit higher than actual attendance. That's a lot of tickets. Assuming the downward trajectory of the last 5 years continues and given that attendance is much lower in non-conference games during November and December versus the regular season ACC teams, you can probably estimate a half full arena would be about the best you can hope for.

That's a ghost town in butts in the seats and dollar terms.

Re: I don't think the outrage matters.

Mar 10, 2016, 12:09 PM [ in reply to I don't think the outrage matters. ]

Not even outraged. I've come to expect it. Just disappointed

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Mar 10, 2016, 2:28 PM [ in reply to I don't think the outrage matters. ]

Given that men's basketball is one of the two positive revenue generating sports at Clemson, I'm interested in Mr. Radacovich's commitment to treat it as such.

Re: Wondering if DRad is woefully unprepared regarding ...

Mar 10, 2016, 11:29 AM

Also, he should consider us having a girl's BB team; everyone else does.

Also, he should do what USC did - hire coaches who can coach AND recruit. You can be a great coach, but that doesn't cut it unless you have great players, e.g., Tiger football.

He has set BrownL up with a sweetheart deal. He couldn't

Mar 10, 2016, 11:36 AM

get rid of him if he wanted to.

Based on the reactions, I'd wager that tnet was the

Mar 10, 2016, 11:48 AM

least prepared of everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,499
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic