Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So how many guys will we sign
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,569

So how many guys will we sign

Sep 17, 2020, 9:13 AM

We have 15 commits and 12 seniors on the roster. Then there is the whole extra year thing with this year but the overriding 85 limit. Can a guy on scholarship come back next year as nonscholarship? It is enough to make your head hurt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unprecedented

Sep 17, 2020, 9:31 AM

recruiting times we are in. Imagine being a recruit now. Your 18, life sucks. Can't visit schools. Gotta go to college. Can't know for sure if a senior on a roster that you're looking to join will stay for another year or not? lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like just 16 or 17

Sep 17, 2020, 9:32 AM

hard to keep track

null

Re: So how many guys will we sign

Sep 17, 2020, 9:38 AM

I feel so sorry for the kids. They are the ones suffering the most during this "virus".
Never have so many young ones suffered so much because of something that doesn't affect them.
2020 blows!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Based on the extra year of eligibility...

Sep 17, 2020, 9:52 AM

the NCAA will have to seriously consider granting short term dispensations or increasing the scholarship limit from 85 to at least 100 if not more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 17, 2020, 9:57 AM

Let's not forget this is at least a 4 year problem and not a one year problem.

Let's say we only sign the 15 who have committed.

Than you have to add that to the 23 we signed last year who will all still be freshmen coming in to next season.

Now you have a log jam and a 38 man recruiting class, and you have to figure out how to balance the numbers until that class is gone so you can get back on track to taking 20-25 per class.

Sep 17, 2020, 10:15 AM

especially tough for us since we dont have many opt out or too many who leave early

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 10:11 AM

I haven't researched it, but you would have to assume the NCAA will grant an exception that any player that plays an extra year due to corona will not count toward the 85 scholarship limit.

Of course, that doesn't help the school with the extra cost of that scholarship though!

Sep 17, 2020, 11:12 AM

I thought I read some time back that the NCAA had already increased the scholarship numbers or it was under consideration. Even an increase in scholarship numbers will create problems down the road, particularly how it relates to recruiting. There are probably a lot of true seniors who have not decided whether or not they will move on or return.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 11:44 AM

18 fer sure, 19 is a possibility, but we won't know that one till signing day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 11:48 AM

The decommit Forman’s plan to take his visits didn’t work out to well.

I imagine all the recruits are frustrated like the rest of us to get back to some form of normal. Looks like the vaccine next month will be the help the country has been looking for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,569
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic