Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Baseball thoughts

Jun 6, 2016, 4:25 PM

While being vilified for not saying I thought we "exceeded expectations" elsewhere, I thought I throw out a few positives.

Okey was fantastic. [im editing out a comment that was meant to be incidental but has become the focus of all the responses]. Okey has been sensational no matter what. A coaching change and Seth Beer's presence could have been negatives in a highly mental game. He answered the call like a champ. After review he has improved in every single offensive category each year. Showed no signs of fatigue behind the plate. Wish we could get another go around but I'm quite sure he's on his way to the majors.

Seth Beer. Nuff said. I can't find a definitive answer to whether there has ever been a freshman National Player of the Year. I don't think so. This is probably the closest we'll ever see.

Eubanks was an absolute stud on Sunday.

Coach Lee brought this team together and they clearly bought in and had a never say die season when this could have been a divisive year. There's plenty to work on but getting the kids to buy in is number one and he accomplished that in flying colors.

Mike Triller - what a fantastic end to his Tiger career. So great to see the guys who put the time and work in hit the payoff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okey hits .340 for most of the middle of the year

Jun 6, 2016, 4:38 PM

then tails off to .315 after playing every game last year.

this after hitting mid-.280's his freshman year.

and you want to say he had a "sophomore slump"?

do you not hear yourself?

cause if you did, surely you wouldn't say these things....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okey hits .340 for most of the middle of the year

Jun 6, 2016, 4:57 PM

So you want to nitpick the expression I used - which has been said more than once on this forum - and invalidate the overall sentiment? I have no problem with being corrected and did think he suffered a bigger drop off than he did if those numbers are correct but at the end of the day my sentiment is that he is a beast. He displayed incredible maturity this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

numbers are correct.... check'em if u want...

Jun 6, 2016, 5:24 PM

what I am nitpickin' is the "sentiment" or the "feeling"....

too many people get on this board and spout pretty harsh opinions

based on their "feelings"

without checking their facts first.

it's counterproductive...

Re: numbers are correct.... check'em if u want...

Jun 6, 2016, 5:34 PM

The sentiment was positive. The overall sentiment was that Okey is a beast. The sophomore slump deserved correcting but you turned around and engaged in the same harsh emotional spouting you claim to be fighting against.

Re: Okey hits .340 for most of the middle of the year

Jun 6, 2016, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Okey hits .340 for most of the middle of the year ]

How is first team all American a sophomore slump for anyone on this forum lol

Re: Baseball thoughts

Jun 6, 2016, 4:42 PM

I am very proud of my Clemson Baseball Team.They had a good team that just came up short. Go tigers

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2016, 5:31 PM

Okey had a better year last season than he did his freshman yr.
He has gotten better each year.

Jun 6, 2016, 5:38 PM

Yes - I've been corrected on that. Should I delete the phrase and pretend I didn't say it? Okey is beast. Another player That was the point. New coach. New star on the teams. It's a mental game and a lot of guys would have failed. He crushed it.

Jun 6, 2016, 5:47 PM

Well you name this thread Baseball thoughts but you didn't think before you posted.

Jun 6, 2016, 5:53 PM

So you also think that a misused colloquialism invalidates the entire sentiment of a multi item post? Good talk. Can't wait to see you go back to vacillating wildly about our teams performances and live criticizing every move our coaches make but feel free to think you have the high ground here.

Jun 6, 2016, 6:00 PM

LOL baseball season is over let it be over.
Bottom line Lee won with Jacks players.
Clemson Baseball is on its way back.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic