Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball team has already won several games we'd have lost
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Baseball team has already won several games we'd have lost

Mar 16, 2016, 9:41 PM

last year.

Loving the grit and determination we're showing to get the job done in the mid-week games against "inferior" competition.

These games matter. They had to battle tonight against Citadel, but they came through.

Good work Tigers!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball team has already won several games we'd have lost

Mar 16, 2016, 9:46 PM

I don't know if it comes down to just coaching right now, but you are right. This team fights. They play loose and they play good baseball in the most important situations.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can say that again.***

Mar 16, 2016, 10:03 PM

Can't disagree...so far so good.***

Mar 16, 2016, 9:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Amen Brother Tiger. Preach the Good News of Tigerball.***

Mar 16, 2016, 9:50 PM

Two Important things that cannot be discounted.

Mar 16, 2016, 9:59 PM

1. New bats.
2. Most importantly - Seth Beer

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two Important things that cannot be discounted.

Mar 17, 2016, 7:46 AM

on the new bat thing, is it simply due to a different supplier (DeMarini? versus Easton?) or did the NCAA "liven" up the bats for this season? forgive me for not knowing the answer already, I must admit I was a bit distracted during the baseball offseason what with baby #2 (Daughter #1) arriving and the football team having a pretty decent season ;)

Re: Two Important things that cannot be discounted.

Mar 17, 2016, 7:48 AM

coach lee made the bat change. plus we should be better hitters being a year older. plus we now have that beer guy. kinda helps. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I realized during the world series that the coots beat us

Mar 16, 2016, 10:00 PM

when we had superior talent that we would get out coached in tough games & thats been true for years.It could have changed 5 years ago if Jack Legget cared more about Clemson than himself

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2016, 11:39 PM

Yep, this team plays aggressive baseball, and I do love aggressive ball. ### all that small ball bull chit bunting with a man on base. Just try and knock the fricking cover off the ball and run like H&ll until somebody stops them. Aggressive play usually forces errors on the defense!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2016, 8:51 AM

Although, I would have loved to see Jolly lay down the bunt when Wilkins (sp? our 2b guy) got picked off on the steal(? 'cause I thought Jolly just missed the bunt, or at least he looked like he was trying to bunt).

Yeah - I love how Lee has these guys hitting more and bunting less. And I love seeing our pitchers throw more strikes to force the teams to beat our D.

Mar 19, 2016, 7:58 AM

A strike on the first pitch is a must. I don't care about location as much because most of the time the batters timing is off and they will pop up or miss,etc. Pitching being ahead in the count makes it easier on the pitcher. Also, after two strikes make good pitches too. Don't waste em just to throw a pitch. Monte is adjusting to his players and playing to win. Pitching changes are making more sense. Finally we are getting some long ball. It takes less hits to score runs with long ball. Players want to play for Clemson and hiring a new coach has the fans excited too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2016, 9:55 AM

This is a whole new era that's for sure

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP is speculative

Mar 19, 2016, 9:56 AM

OP'er is speculation .
Post is speculatory.

DB23

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic