Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bat flip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,832

Bat flip

Sep 12, 2016, 11:59 PM

Can someone inform what's so disrespectful/bad about the Bat flip in baseball? I remember seeing Jose Bautista doing it a couple years ago and it made a lot of people angry, and then tonight on sportscenter I seen the same thing from some other player and made it the pitcher get fired up??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you never played baseball.

Sep 13, 2016, 6:25 AM

That's showing up the pitcher and unless it's a walk off you better expect to get hit next time up.

Re: I guess you never played baseball.

Sep 13, 2016, 10:21 AM

Yea I never played, had a chance to play my senior year in high school but coach wanted to use me strictly as a base runner. I wanted to play in the field and try to lay down some bunts( I cannot hit a baseball) ... But I didn't play instead I chose to run track.

Thanks for the feedback tho, I always wondered what's the issue there.

Baseball seems to be one of the last sports where SOME sense

Sep 13, 2016, 6:35 AM

of on field sportsmanship and respect remain (with the occasional exception)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball seems to be one of the last sports where SOME sense

Sep 13, 2016, 6:50 AM

Baseball is full of weird and arcane rules of decorum and on-field justice, but I agree there is a level of sportsmanship there that most team sports have seemingly lost.

Did this happen at a Clemson football game?***

Sep 13, 2016, 8:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Doubtful, but if it did, fans have every right to be upset.***

Sep 13, 2016, 8:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Lets get all up in our feels

Sep 13, 2016, 8:36 AM
bat flip.jpeg(124.3 K)

Well, I owe tnet an apology. I did not see this before.

Sep 13, 2016, 8:44 AM

Thank you for sharing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Bat flip itself doesn't bother me at all. Baseball players

Sep 13, 2016, 8:21 AM

are a bunch of overly sensitive weenies. The only thing i have a problem with is when the batter is staring down the pitcher and trash talking while flexing his muscles at the pitcher on the way around the bases. The bat flip is just a celebration IMO and i have no problem with that at all. What the kid from Miami did during the NCAA tournament was ridiculous though.

There's a big difference b/t celebrating and taunting the opponent. MLB players treat it all the same though. If the batter doesn't trot around the bases totally emotionless after hitting a HR everyone gets bent out of shape and he gets beaned the next time he's up. Or the pitcher or the opposing team's best player, who did absolutely nothing, gets beaned instead. It's all really stupid.

That would be the greatest home run video ever.

Sep 13, 2016, 8:23 AM

"when the batter is staring down the pitcher and trash talking while flexing his muscles at the pitcher on the way around the bases."

I like it.

It happened a few months ago.***

I would love to see that. Link?***

Re: I would love to see that. Link?***

Sep 13, 2016, 10:26 AM

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/6/14/11933366/video-baseball-miami-boston-college-bat-flip-benches-clear

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:16153796

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks!

Sep 13, 2016, 12:05 PM

That stunt with the catcher was no bueno. No wonder the benches cleared.

PS: I had a mental image of the batter running the bases doing his best Macho Man Randy Savage impersonation, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Oh, yiiieeaaaaah!

Sep 13, 2016, 1:49 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who do we FAX about this ???

Sep 13, 2016, 8:46 AM

who ??

null

Bat flip flaps just show that baseball players get the

Sep 13, 2016, 10:17 AM

butthurt much easier than other sports. The occasional brawl is about the only thing worth watching in MLB to me. No team loyalty, and no player loyalty on the part of ownership. The NFL would lose a lot of viewership if there were in season trades going on constantly like in baseball.

I blame the Yankees. But then, I'm from the South, so... :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,832
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic