Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball question - clemsonbaseballfan?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Baseball question - clemsonbaseballfan?

May 17, 2015, 8:55 AM

There are only two seniors on this team - Long and Slaton. Everyone else is eligible to return correct? I assume Crownover will go pro. Who else ight go? Erwin and Krieger are rated in the 160s in one draft list but I'd hope they'd come back. That will be a senior heavy team next year and almost certainly Okey will go pro next year. If Crownover could be convinced to come back We could really be onto something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball question - clemsonbaseballfan?

May 17, 2015, 9:24 AM

Chris Okey is a sophomore so he can't go pro

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2015, 9:26 AM

I meant Okey would go next year. That would mean next year we'll lose a lot of guys - but also have one of our most experienced teams in a long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2015, 9:25 AM

We will also lose two grad students who play, but my brain
can't remember their names without the roster.

May 17, 2015, 9:27 AM

Yup - Pohle and Bates. Missed them looking at the roster.

May 17, 2015, 9:30 AM

Are we going to have the same coaching staff ? I think that is the biggest question.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crownover is gone. Only so many pitches in an arm so

May 17, 2015, 9:30 AM

go with 1 less year of wear and tear.

Re: Crownover is gone. Only so many pitches in an arm so

May 17, 2015, 9:35 AM

Definitely think he'll be drafted highly and I am a huge proponent that kids should go when it makes sense for them. But, if Crown should decide he wanted to come back it would certainly be an exciting prospect as a Clemson fan.

Agre***

May 17, 2015, 9:47 AM

I would think Krieger stays to further rehab his arm

May 17, 2015, 9:36 AM

he's played at way less than 100% this year. Scouts love his bat though.

Crownover is gone - it would be a mistake for him to stay, as he couldn't possibly duplicate what he did next season.

Duggar is gone too - he's an absolute stud in the outfield with a good bat. That arm....

We have to find a place for Jolly to play next season - backup catcher is nowhere to keep a bat like his.

Need to work hard to get Koerner back to his early-season mode so he can be a weekend starter again. Him and Ervin would be a tough 1-2 next season. Clate Scmidt needs to step up to be a weekend guy also. Several potentials out there with Krall, Vetzel, and others.

That said, everything is up in the air if we change coaching staffs - may have several transfers and defections accordingto what happens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2015, 10:19 AM

Cant forget about Rohlman. He is gonna be something special next year

May 17, 2015, 2:15 PM

I would tend to agree with Scooter on each point he made. I have little insight into any of the players' worlds, but as a general rule I would say it's good to go when you're hot.
One player whose status I believe has dramatically changed is Zach. He may be drafted in front of Matthew. I believe a dozen scouts at a time have watched him pitch this season. I know they love his frame and they like the addition of a very good splitter to his repertoire. He has room to add 30 lbs of mass, and from what I've read that will give him about 3 mph more on what is already a 92 mph fastball.

May 17, 2015, 2:21 PM

IMHO
Crownover
Erwin
Kreiger
Duggar

Are going to be gone. Only makes sense for them.

Jboyboyd nice to see you back.

May 17, 2015, 2:28 PM

You always say what I've been thinking. :)

May 17, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball question - clemsonbaseballfan? ]

I really prefer talking about this current season. I think we have a lot left to do - a lot left to accomplish. The real season (the only season that matters) is about to kickoff with the ACC Tourney. This post season is certainly the last for all of the seniors. We have seniors like Tyler Slatton who bleed Clemson Orange. Would love to see them go out with a bang :)

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic