Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Baseball....

Feb 21, 2020, 7:20 PM

I like Monte and think he is a good coach. I know he hasn't gotten us to where Clemson baseball belongs but he's a good coach. My only complaint is I though Monte was a hitting guru? He was a power guy where Leggett was a small ball fellow. I'm hoping these offensive woes are more weather related but it is some boring baseball and I feel we are going to have to score runs to beat some of the teams on our schedule. Here's hoping the bats come alive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball....

Feb 21, 2020, 7:25 PM

I’m very concerned. Some big holes in the lineup. There’s certain guys that haven’t improved at hitting since their freshman year. Henderson has been a nice surprise but if he is our best hitter could be a long year. Hackenburg is solid, need to get Parker back and Kier must stay healthy this season

On the bright side, it looks like we have more

Feb 21, 2020, 7:28 PM

Pitching depth this year. I think having a deep bullpen is the most important to get to Omaha.

Hopefully hitting will get better

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Monte has said this team is constructed differently than past teams...

Feb 21, 2020, 7:29 PM

And more manufacturing of runs will occur.

We already have pitched 2 shutouts in 5 games. If the pitching can stay consistent, 3 or 4 runs might be good enough to win most games.

At the point of the season, pitching is WAY ahead of hitting. It’ll start changing come March.

~JKB

Re: Monte has said this team is constructed differently than past teams...

Feb 21, 2020, 8:54 PM

Yep. Agreed, very very small sample size. Can't base a whole lot off of 5 games. But as Monte stated after fall ball, it will definitely be a different looking team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When u recon we gonna manufacture some runs?***

Feb 22, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Monte has said this team is constructed differently than past teams... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're definitley going to have to start swinging better

Feb 21, 2020, 8:20 PM

if we want play a lot in June.

Re: We're definitley going to have to start swinging better

Feb 21, 2020, 8:44 PM

Got that right. We've done a good job getting risp, but a lousy job of getting them home. 2 for 13 with risp tonight against a little league team isn't good. Radio was saying Monte will definitely address that issue with the team. Definitely one of the concerns coming out of fall ball. Not having Parker definitely doesn't help.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody know the status of Parker's injury?

Feb 22, 2020, 10:11 AM

TIA.

Re: Anybody know the status of Parker's injury?

Feb 22, 2020, 12:37 PM

Maybe next weekend.

Feb 22, 2020, 8:20 AM

hopefully the hitting will heat up as the weather gets warmer.

Message was edited by: Good morning everyone!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Monte has said several times

Feb 22, 2020, 9:46 AM

That this team isn’t going to be one of those power hitting teams. But we do need to hit better with risp. And I like what I see from the pitching so far. Weatherly is almost unhittable when he is on. And the same can be said for sharpe and strider. I also liked what I saw from raffield yesterday. Very lively arm

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 9:53 AM

User Logo
TigerAidan
CU Guru [1277]
TigerPulse: 99%
Baseb­all.... [5]
Posted: Feb 21, 2020 7:20 PM

I like Monte and think he is a good coach. I know he hasn't gotten us to where Clemson baseball belongs but he's a good coach. My only complaint is I though Monte was a hitting guru? He was a power guy where Leggett was a small ball fellow. I'm hoping these offensive woes are more weather related but it is some boring baseball and I feel we are going to have to score runs to beat some of the teams on our schedule. Here's hoping the bats come alive.

"boring baseball" lmao is that an oxymoron. last year people bitched about the pitching this year the hitting. we are hitting the ball pretty good. just need to find some gaps. they need to score more runs for sure but hopefully that will come. strikeouts are down this year which is a good sign.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic