Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That loss in the Sugar Bowl was awful in many ways
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

That loss in the Sugar Bowl was awful in many ways

Jan 4, 2018, 12:40 AM

I cannot remember a post season bowl game where the defending national champion, and ranked number 1 was so dominated. That it was Clemson is all the more galling. The Tigers will bounce back but the OL coach and OC's better get their acts together before spring practice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That loss in the Sugar Bowl was awful in many ways

Jan 4, 2018, 12:48 AM

I love our coaches, but I haven't been a fan of the co offensive coordinator position. I think there needs to be one guy, but thats not up to me

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

defending national champion FSU

Jan 4, 2018, 12:50 AM

Was beaten pretty soundly by Oregon in the 2014 Rose Bowl semifinal

Re: defending national champion FSU

Jan 4, 2018, 10:17 AM

FSPU was humiliated in that game. A gazillion turnovers.

Re: defending national champion FSU

Jan 4, 2018, 9:58 PM [ in reply to defending national champion FSU ]

That Oregon team was a squad though man. Littered with NFL Defense and also tons of Offense and oh yea, the Heisman winner at QB that year. That was actually the best team Oregon ever fielded

3 appearances in the 4 team playoffs with a

Jan 4, 2018, 1:55 AM

national championship included and you are bitching. Jeez. Get a life!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? I remember quite a few

Jan 4, 2018, 2:33 AM

Alabama got beat up pretty good by Ohio State a few years back. FSU got absolutely blasted by Oregon.

I'm fairly certain Auburn got their a55es handed to them a good bit in 2011.

I understand you are upset. And losing sucks. Badly. But there is no reason for hyperbole. We just got beat by arguably the greatest college football dynasty that has EVER existed. Like...ever. In the history of the game.

I have faith in Dabo. He will learn and we will get there. This isn't an overnight process. Dabo has learned from every single loss he has ever had and I expect this game to be no different.

Jan 4, 2018, 6:37 AM

I think our offense was suspect all year long due to the massive loss of talent last year. I think our Oc’s did a marvelous job this year taking the team they had and modifying the playcalling to match what they could actually execute. I personally never expected to make the playoff this year. I think the coaches and team actually overachieved this year just to make it back to the playoff. Everyone needs to take a breath and be thankful for what we have. With the talent we have coming in and our coaching staff, I am confident we will make it back to the playoffs many times in the future.

Jan 4, 2018, 10:19 AM

Amen!

Jan 4, 2018, 6:45 AM

Coaching and defense is the entire reason we made it back to the playoffs. The offensive coaches did a wonderful job with what they had to work with this year. Pretty much all of our offensive production from last year was gone. We had major question is at qb. They gameplanned around KBs deficiencies and really accented his strengths. I think the co oc’s did a helluva job this year.

don’t forget the players we still have. Not many seniors and

Jan 4, 2018, 7:09 AM

Great experience for the others. Looking forward to next year. Go Tigers

go back and re-read your post

Jan 4, 2018, 7:22 AM

"Defending National Champion " and "ranked #1" . What the heck are you complaining about. Would you rather be getting blown out in the tangerine bowl!

Jan 4, 2018, 7:24 AM

where do they find you goobers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 7:40 AM

The offense sputtered, yes. I lay that on the OC's and the conservative play calling from the start of the game. I kind of felt that our successes against USC and Miami were generated by coming out and using KB's strength at the shorter throws. That's what we did in our last 3 games. And he was very good at it. Pounding it up the middle didn't help create a rhythm for KB.

Blame it on the OL all you want, but when a defense has you pigeon-holed to the run, it's hard to be successful.

Jan 4, 2018, 10:33 AM

I personally got sick of 2nd and 8-10

We opened it up in 3rd quarter and started moving the ball before first unfortunate TO

The first half playcalling was scripted, conservative crapola and they were ready for all of it

We played right into their hands with base read option run and predictable, ultra conservative calls regardless of formation

We complained about lack of aggression and playing "not to lose" all season ...well you can't beat bama the way you can other scrubs on schedule

Outcoached...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama then a group of elite 5 teams then everyone else

Jan 4, 2018, 10:24 AM

I really think this is the reality in the past 5 years.

There's Bama

Then there is a small core of elite of which Clemson is a member. Teams like:

Clemson
Ohio St
Oklahoma
Maybe UGA, we'll see
a few others perhaps

Then the rest of a 100+ team league

By the media narative we managed to beat the unbeatable last year. We took them to the wire 2 years ago and admittedly get beat this year.

It's a great place to be and this won't last forever.

Enjoy!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA needs to win the title to be included

Jan 4, 2018, 1:34 PM

otherwise I they need to have another strong year next year to be included

That loss was awful in EVERY way.

Jan 4, 2018, 10:01 PM

Zero positives, other than perhaps Spence making both of his field goal attempts.

I hope our pathetic performance serves as motivation for our coaches and players to work hard, address weaknesses, and improve. Based on that game, we have a lot of improving to do when it comes to winning another national championship.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic