Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama is fortunate that they played MSU and not Stanford or Ohio St
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,834

Bama is fortunate that they played MSU and not Stanford or Ohio St

Jan 1, 2016, 6:00 PM

Bama is a fraud that will be exposed by Superman and the Wayne Train

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama is fortunate that they played MSU and not Stanford or Ohio St

Jan 1, 2016, 6:02 PM

I don't think Bama is a fraud but they did get "lucky" by getting MSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

um that wasn't luck, that was arranged...***

Jan 1, 2016, 6:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: um that wasn't luck, that was arranged...***

Jan 1, 2016, 6:04 PM

That is why lucky is "lucky." LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the process for the final four was right on...

Jan 1, 2016, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama is fortunate that they played MSU and not Stanford or Ohio St ]

Stanford lost 2 games and Ohio State didn't win their conference. I thought the purpose of the process was to eliminate the guess work. Now we're changing who ought to be there on games being played a month after the season ended.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought the process for the final four was right on...

Jan 1, 2016, 6:09 PM

I'm not basing it on a month after, I didn't think Iowa nor MSU was top 4 all along.

I understand the process, but still believe OSU/Stanford would have been better game than Bama/MSU

Jan 1, 2016, 6:11 PM

Not only that, the committee moved MSU ahead of Oklahoma. Some people feel they did that in order to give Bama the more favorable matchup.

I believe that is what the above poster was implying.

Jan 1, 2016, 6:33 PM

YOU ARE DEAD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!STATS PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

again, not saying they are not better....

Jan 1, 2016, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the process for the final four was right on... ]

But based on how the seaso finished how do you put OSU or Stanford in and leave MSU out?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: again, not saying they are not better....

Jan 1, 2016, 6:14 PM

I don't think we could leave them out but still don't believe either were legit top 4 teams.

Jan 1, 2016, 6:46 PM

Didn't OSU lose to Sparty? You guys wont admit that Bama just beat the #3 team 38-0. But yall get fired up if I downplay one of Clemson's wins. Looks like Clemson got lucky as well drawing OU. I think at this point Bama and Clemson are #2 and#1, respectably and we'll have to wait to see what happens on the field.

Jan 1, 2016, 6:52 PM

I do believe Bama is the true #2 but still believe they got the better draw with MSU.

Anyone and I mean ANYONE could see OK was more competitive than MSU was. MSU looked completely lost, just as IOWA is looking today. And I don't believe it was all Bama that made MSU look lost. They didn't belong there.

Jan 1, 2016, 6:54 PM

Why did MSU move to #3? I believe I recall it was because they beat Iowa. I also believe it's clear Iowa wasn't a true #4 team.

Facts.

Jan 1, 2016, 7:14 PM

MSU moved to 3 because they won their conf. Championship game while OU sat at home. Similar to last year when teams from........wait for it.... The same conference dropped from not playing.

Jan 1, 2016, 7:17 PM

I know why but fact is they won't worthy of #3.

They won their conference, no doubt but they won't a true #3 team. Sorry you don't get it.

Jan 1, 2016, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: again, not saying they are not better.... ]

Or you do get it, but just can't admit it because admitting MSU wasn't a true #3 team means Bama really didn't beat #3.

I understand.

Or either you really are nieve enough to believe MSU was a true #3 team.

Jan 1, 2016, 7:21 PM

Let me guess, Iowa #5 is getting demolished but your logic says Iowa is a true top 5 team.

Just using your logic.

wake vandy would be a good game too***

Jan 1, 2016, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the process for the final four was right on... ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 6:10 PM

I'm glad we didn't get either one of those after seeing them play today. Both have definitely looked better than MSU and OU

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 6:12 PM

I thought OU looked ok, we just whipped that '+#

But MSU and now Iowa look completely lost.

Any team that has the same style of offense as Bama

Jan 1, 2016, 6:12 PM

will get crushed by Bama. Look at LSU, UF, UGA, and Michigan State, you can't just line up and run right at them an expect to win they're way to deep and talented and will wear you down. You have to spread them out and keep them off balance with the QB run and the pass.

That has been the key to their NC wins

Jan 1, 2016, 6:54 PM

throughout the Saban years. They get lesser versions of themselves to beat up on. Texas was going to be a bit different and then Colt McCoy went down and it was game over for all intensive purposes. This will truly be Bama's first go at a title against a team that isn't a crappier version of themselves. I hope we uptempo it and leave them gasping for air and faking injuries like LSU and Saban whining afterwards about it.

Jan 1, 2016, 6:19 PM

If you think Bama is a fraud, you'll be in for a rude awakening. I'm pretty sure our coaches don't feel that way. This will be the best defense we have faced in a long time.

the way it played out the winner of the MSU Iowa game...

Jan 1, 2016, 7:55 PM

Was going to be in and the committee had no other option. Stanford would have been selected if they had only one loss. But they didn't.

It was obvious that Oklahoma was a much better team than MSU but the reality is it wouldn't have mattered who was 3 or 4. Clemson would have beaten MSU and Bama would have beaten OK. So the title game would be the same.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,834
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic