Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson has no movement in latest Coaches Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson has no movement in latest Coaches Poll

Oct 25, 2015, 12:41 PM

Clemson has no movement in latest Coaches Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's idiots have Michigan State ahead of Clemson?***

Oct 25, 2015, 12:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's idiots have Michigan State ahead of Clemson?***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:31 PM

Other coaches do not give Dabo and company any credit! Miami a good team! They just got destroyed by a great #1 team! Hope they will see how they do against Duke and the rest of the teams before they fire their coach!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question***

Oct 25, 2015, 2:19 PM [ in reply to What's idiots have Michigan State ahead of Clemson?*** ]

nm

Re: FB Update: Clemson has no movement in latest Coaches Poll

Oct 25, 2015, 12:44 PM

Makes sense, though. Clearly, the whole world was impressed with LSU taking down that Western KY juggernaut! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 12:45 PM

And how can anyone concievably drop TCU the way they handled the bye week?

Oct 25, 2015, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson has no movement in latest Coaches Poll ]

Got to love the idiot coaches poll.....makes no sense. It will just keep our guys hungry. If we light up the remainder of our schedule like yesterday, things will take care of themselves. Go Tigers !!

Oct 25, 2015, 2:07 PM

I honestly believe that Dabo is disliked by most coaches, especially the dirty ones. Dabo character and his Christian beliefs makes most of them feel uncomfortable bc of their win at any cost attitudes. Most coaches in college FB I'm sure will break every rule they feel they can get away with and still don't win at as high of a level as Dabo does playing by the rules.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson has no movement in latest Coaches Poll ]

And they had to do it in a steady rain.

It took LSU most of the game to pull away from WKU***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson has no movement in latest Coaches Poll ]

Re: It took LSU most of the game to pull away from WKU***

Oct 25, 2015, 2:10 PM

Yes. They beat Western Kentucky by 28 on their home field and move up one. We beat Miami (a better team than WKU) by 58 on the road and we stand still. Doesn't the playoff committee take over after next week? Adios coaches and AP!!!!!!

Oct 26, 2015, 8:41 AM [ in reply to It took LSU most of the game to pull away from WKU*** ]

But, but, but they are in the sec. That is becoming laughable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2015, 9:31 AM [ in reply to It took LSU most of the game to pull away from WKU*** ]

You heard Les though, WKU's QB is 100% a SEC caliber QB.

Oct 26, 2015, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson has no movement in latest Coaches Poll ]

They are destroying their own image, but they must be, either too self aggrandizing or too stupid to know their credibility has left the building.

How much do we have to win by to

Oct 25, 2015, 12:48 PM

Move up

28 if you are LSU playing against a Div II team***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:06 PM

WKU is Div. I

Oct 25, 2015, 3:01 PM

moved up from FCS (1-AA) a few years ago

oh, I am much impressed with the win then***

Oct 25, 2015, 5:29 PM

Re: 28 if you are LSU playing against a Div II team***

Oct 26, 2015, 8:41 AM [ in reply to 28 if you are LSU playing against a Div II team*** ]

At home, too!

Oct 25, 2015, 12:48 PM

The coachs voting here are so stupid. Michigan st jumping us really?

Oct 25, 2015, 12:50 PM

It appears MSU just changed places with LSU to me. Each moved just one spot, one up and one down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson has no movement in latest Coaches Poll ]

The poles have always been crooked, and the only difference now is that Clemson is playing as good of FB as anyone else in the country. And now they are having problems ranking Clemson in their rightful place, and putting their favorites where they want them. They can't do it without pisssing off their long time favorites, or having to disrespect someone like a Clemson from the ACC. Unless Dabo goes public talking about it, it doesn't make any difference how good we are or how well Clemson plays. The voters refuse to allow us in their playoff system bc that will interfere with placing their favorites that has had a good season, and that has caused them problems in their 2nd season this season in their playoffs. If you speak out loud enough and long enough, somebody has to save face and make new rules. What kind of bull sh!t is it to have 5 power conferences, and only 4 playoff spots. That format was intended to kick somebody out in order to even get a play off. How many undefeated teams were there in the 2014 season? They FSU was undefeated last year, and barely got in, and they got in only bc they were not only undefeated, they were the defending NC. If that hadn't been defending NC, they would not have been in the 2014 four team playoffs, and that's a fact!!! And if we go undefeated, we most likely won't be in the 4 team playoffs bc there isn't enough room for their 4 favorites and ACC Clemson. I'll have to see it before I'll believe they will let an undefeated Clemson in over their favorites, Period!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As of now, the only team that should be ahead is the

Oct 25, 2015, 12:49 PM

original #1, Ohio State... Urban sees that train a comin'.. (Braxton: "Is that Shuey guy still there?")

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As of now, the only team that should be ahead is the

Oct 25, 2015, 1:01 PM

Nope but I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Boulware.

TCU is SO over-rated.

Dec 15, 2020, 11:37 AM

Go look at their results this year. They've squeaked by some pretty bad teams.

Re: TCU is SO over-rated.

Oct 25, 2015, 2:15 PM

Given the way we splattered Oklahoma in the bowl game (with Cole Stout at qb), I think we would annihilate any of those stiff teams- Okla, TCU, Baylor. They don't play defense and none of them have faced a defense like ours. I am licking my chops right now.

Coaches are the worst voters by far.

Very old fashioned thinking, extremely reluctant to move teams that don't lose, tend to vote teams in the same place week after week, and most probably see little to none of the other games. Also have agendas and tend to over rank teams within their own conference.

Stupid D*ckHeads

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Seriously, what more do we have to do?

Oct 25, 2015, 12:53 PM

We get zero respect. We could've beat Miami 100-0 and everybody would say and do whatever it will take to take credit away from us. I only hope the CFP committee will exercise some common sense so we can have the opportunity to make some people pay for this disrespect.

GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just win baby.***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:54 PM

I'm actually happy with this. More motivation for our guys who seem to be feeding off of things like this

All coaches should have to vote publicly and give reason why they voted the way they did.
That would put pressure on them to vote realistically and not vote to keep a team down.

What a joke

These are the same morons that continue to score Ohio State at # 1, based on last year's results. It's 2015 people - new season. OSU has only beaten 3 teams with a winning record, let alone beating anyone ranked. Not to mention they looked bad in some of them.
Just win, Clemson - none of their opinions matter

Clemson has only beaten 3 teams with a winning record.

Oct 25, 2015, 1:03 PM

Still have some winning records out in front of us on the schedule. But its a weak argument so far.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Remember ... and retaliate! GeeHaw'd!!***

Oct 25, 2015, 12:54 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Clemson Coaching Staff approve this message***

Oct 25, 2015, 12:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't expect an ounce of love from Coaches Poll

Oct 25, 2015, 12:54 PM

ALL of the other conferences expected the ACC would be the odd man out of the playoffs, meaning their conference gets in. They are now genuinely scared of the Tigers, and being the odd Power 5 Conference left out. I expect all of the coaches not in the ACC to trash us in their rankings. Would love to see the votes by individual coach/conference. Are those available?

^^ this

Oct 25, 2015, 1:06 PM

Nm

Re: Don't expect an ounce of love from Coaches Poll

Oct 25, 2015, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Don't expect an ounce of love from Coaches Poll ]

Remember, their votes are useless after next week.

Re: Don't expect an ounce of love from Coaches Poll

Oct 25, 2015, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Don't expect an ounce of love from Coaches Poll ]

IT's common knowledge, and I've heard coaches admit that they DON'T fill out these forms. They don't have time to watch football like we do. They are busy breaking down film of their next opponent. These forms are given to assistants or even GA's to complete. The entire Coaches poll is a joke since it implies it is the head coaches voting.

Hurt my feelings...

Oct 25, 2015, 12:55 PM

I hope it hurts the players' and Coaches' feelings as much.

Georgia....really UGA.....###

Oct 25, 2015, 12:55 PM

have they scored a TD that mattered in the month of October?

Wonder who gave us a 1st place vote***

Oct 25, 2015, 12:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Al Golden?***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:07 PM

Dabo knows.... ;~)***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Wonder who gave us a 1st place vote*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder who gave us a 1st place vote***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Wonder who gave us a 1st place vote*** ]

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/ballots/schools/2014/

Al Golden had a vote last year. I assume he still does. If I was a betting man I'd bet on him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

tcu moves up affer a bye..msu

Oct 25, 2015, 12:59 PM

Has to have last second miracle to win and LSU barely beats a cupcake. Let's take frustration out on ncsu. Coaches poll will have to bow down to committee. Coaches suck

Coaches are so knoweldable about other games

Oct 25, 2015, 1:02 PM

it's not like they are busy on Saturday. They have plenty of time to analzye the other games before they decide by noon the next day

Oct 25, 2015, 1:07 PM

Wow! I had no idea how clueless the coaches around the country were. All the better for us when we finish undefeated and shove it in their faces!!!

Thanks for ensuring that the chip stays on out players

Oct 25, 2015, 1:10 PM

shoulders.

Bama in the top ten, hahahaha...

Oct 25, 2015, 1:20 PM

They barely got past a bad Tennessee team and lost to a team that lost to Memphis

Should be no coaches poll on Sunday.

Oct 25, 2015, 1:36 PM

How can they possibly have an intelligent opinion on the rankings the day after game day. They have had no time to watch. At the least the coaches poll should not be conducted until Sunday night. Either way it shouldn't be used for anything important. They have bias, and they don't have as much time as everyone else to put in serious research.

WOW! I'M ANGRY!!

Oct 25, 2015, 1:38 PM

Just more motivation for our tigers.
Go get 'em, guys!!!
Put their @$$e$ in the grasses!

GOOD!! Our team uses this as continued motivation....

Oct 25, 2015, 1:50 PM

Keep it up pollsters.

This is phuking Bullschit!! I'm not sure who, but I'm gonna beat someone's ### over this!!!***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:51 PM

This poll was irrelevant in the BCS era

Oct 25, 2015, 2:08 PM

Even more so now. Who cares?

Go Tigers!!!

AP got it right!

Oct 25, 2015, 2:12 PM

AP got it right... poll just out... Clemson #3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would kill TCU and MSU.

Oct 25, 2015, 2:19 PM

LSU would be more difficult. Only Baylor and the Hurtin Buckaroos can come close to us as of now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches Poll is simple logic. Preseason sets the standard.

Oct 25, 2015, 2:57 PM

Last one to lose is the worst.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

regarding the coaches poll , and please correct me if i'm

Oct 25, 2015, 3:05 PM

wrong, didn't usuc's own ex-obc admit that he had an assistant of his that worked in the athletic dept.fill out his ballot for him. i would be willing to wager that this happens more than we know.

***left out the poll in question was a few years back...***

Oct 25, 2015, 3:07 PM

Coaches' Pole

Oct 25, 2015, 11:06 PM

Izzat like a puppet with sticks on their hands and feet?

Makes sense, we got a well-liked coach fired!***

Oct 25, 2015, 11:25 PM

No team should rank #3 when allowing pt totals of 52, 45, 37

Oct 26, 2015, 12:01 AM

like TCU has during the past 4 weeks. Gimme a friggin' break. Does defense not matter anymore in these votings?!

55-52 vs Texas Tech
52-45 vs Kansas State
56-37 vs SMU
.... none of whom are ranked teams.
.... and the victory against K State [3-4] was won in the final minute.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic