Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oregon is the best team in the nation.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 4,445

Oregon is the best team in the nation.

Oct 18, 2012, 11:00 PM

Period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree they have the best offense

Oct 18, 2012, 11:03 PM

I have ever seen and unreal fast. Also they have the best defense Kelly has had. That spells 14-0 to me

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oregon is the best team in the nation.

Oct 18, 2012, 11:04 PM

No. Alabama could hang with the Giants. The ducks have nor will they play a team that has a defense. Bama is by far the best. Ducks a distant second.

Based on what? Name an offense anything like Oregon that

Oct 18, 2012, 11:06 PM

Bama has faced? Easy to shut down the SEC offenses, that have average at best QB's

Re: Based on what? Name an offense anything like Oregon that

Oct 18, 2012, 11:08 PM

Bama has a better D then most pro teams. The ducks got embarrassed by LSU last year and Bama's D is much better then LSU's was. The Ducks don't play anybody worth a #### except maybe USC, but they are even overrated.

They goose-egged a top 25 offense and have held

Oct 18, 2012, 11:10 PM

another top 25 offense to 7 so far.

They haven't played a team with a pulse***

Oct 18, 2012, 11:18 PM

I was talking about Oregon.***

Oct 18, 2012, 11:19 PM

Re: I was talking about Oregon.***

Oct 18, 2012, 11:26 PM

Yeah I was talking to that SEC homer

Re: I was talking about Oregon.***

Oct 19, 2012, 12:28 AM

Make no mistake son, I am no SC homer. I hate them. But I feel like I am allowed to discuss my feelings on BAMA. Honestly I truly believe that Bama is #1 by far and that the SEC doesn't hav another top 5 team at all. I think that ESECPN has promoted the SEC market to the point that it is saturated. Just look at the BCS rankings; UF is #2 over Oregon??? That is total horse ####. UF fits better around #8. But ESPN has to make around 8-10 million per SEC game to get a solid return on their investment. Quick math shows that it cost ESECPN around 5 million dollars per game just to the schools. So for then to make money they have to rely on getting SEC games in prime time in major markets. This is hy SEC teams will not drop as far in rankings when hey get a loss as compared to other conferences.

Alabama hasn't played a team with a pulse.***

Oct 19, 2012, 12:02 AM [ in reply to They haven't played a team with a pulse*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Bama has a better D then most pro teams"

Oct 18, 2012, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Based on what? Name an offense anything like Oregon that ]

dude seriously put down the flask your starting to sound like you're an SEC fanboy.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: "Bama has a better D then most pro teams"

Oct 18, 2012, 11:22 PM

I hat SEC just as much as you, but have you watched them play?? And yes they could shut out some NFL teams. Maybe my analysis is wrong and I will gladly admit it if they lose, but I don't think it will happen. I think the would beat USUCK by 40 if hey played. Haven't though about the flask but now that you mention it I'll be right back.................................

Nick Saban already got his shot at NFL teams

Oct 18, 2012, 11:26 PM

with NFL players and has a losing record. Just talent level alone from college to the NFL is a huge gap. On a 3 deep depth chart in the NFL every player started and was d@mn good in college. The browns would easily beat Bama by at least 3 TDs.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Nick Saban already got his shot at NFL teams

Oct 18, 2012, 11:29 PM

Saying by 3 tds is being very kind, I doubt Bama would even score on an NFL team

especially with AJ McCarron as QB***

Oct 19, 2012, 12:06 AM

Yeah I watched them beat up high school teams

Oct 18, 2012, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: "Bama has a better D then most pro teams" ]

like last year, and their 3 teams with winning records. To say they'd shut down NFL teams is beyond coot delusions

Re: Yeah I watched them beat up high school teams

Oct 19, 2012, 12:05 AM

Do y'all not understand drastic illusions to prove the point of how much better Bama is then every other team in the NCAA?? I do agree they might not score but to say they couldn't hang with the a panthers is a little much. Now the offensive schemes and they ability to practice all the time is much better then in college but I believe they could hang with the panthers. Maybe they lose 17-7. But for a college team that can't practice nor prepare like these teams do isn't bad. The whole tongue in cheek lint I was making is that Bama is far better then any college team out there.

If they were far better, why don't they schedule tougher...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:07 AM

out of conference games. If they were far better, why did the lose to LSU last season.

Re: If they were far better, why don't they schedule tougher...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:13 AM

1) they don't have to schedule better OOC games. He'll they scheduled us and beat our arses.
2) they beat LSU hen it really mattered
3) I'm talking about this year try and keep up please
4) beside UF with Tebow and Urban name another spread power house offense that won a NC? Btw UF's D were loaded during those years.

Auburn spread in 2010, LSU was running a spread last time...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:17 AM

they won it. LSU just switched to I formation offense last year. So out of the 4 SEC teams that have won the past 6 national titles, 3 of them were running the spread offense. Quit drinking the ESECPN Kool-Aid. About 75% of all college teams run some version of the spread.

Re: Auburn spread in 2010, LSU was running a spread last time...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:32 AM

I'm not talking about a "version" of the spread. I was referring to a true spread I.e. Oregon. Saban has alway ran a ball control offense where he relies on his D. Auburn with Cam is a good point, but it didn't last. He'll UF with Tebow didn't even run a true spread, but it was the closest to it. LSU I modeled after Bama they have run a D first ball control game since Saban was there. We all know that Les Miles can not coach worth a ####. I'm not drinking by kook I'd buddy. I'm not even giving anyone other then Bama any credit.

Now you're using made up terminology to back up your...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:39 AM

argument. By the way I was talking about the type of offense LSU ran the last time they won the national title, which was the spread. LSU didn't starting running an I formation based offense until last year. So far that style of offense hasn't worked out for them too good. Auburn and Florida both ran the spread during their title runs. Sorry but Chip Kelly didn't invent the spread offense. The spread offense was around long before Chip Kelly. All Chip Kelly is doing is running a sped up version of what we ran with Rich Rod as our O coordinator. Which, once again, was a spread offense. There is multiple ways you can run a spread, but a spread offense is when you use 3-5 wr's on a normal basis whether your in the shotgun or under center.

Re: Now you're using made up terminology to back up your...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:53 AM

Well I apologize. I didn't realize you could not understand that I meant " a sped up version of the spread". Point is nobody running these offenses have won a MNC. D is king and Bama has the best D in the country. I think you would agree with that. I think Oregon has the best offense in the country, but in a game against with Bama I think Bama would be able to stop them and eat clock hitch would keep that offense on the sidelines. I understand the point that running th t type of O can wear down a D, but it didn't work for us against FSU. ( I do blame that loss on our D though). Now where the Ducks stand a chance against Bama is they have a good D against bad teams, just like Bama has a good O against bad teams. It's tough call but I give Bama the edge. I pray for other conferences to reel off 10 MNC's in a row just to screw the SEC entitlement and #### off ESPN, but this year everyone is riding Bama's coat tails.

Auburn had a terrible defense and won the title in 2010...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:55 AM

so your argument is easily disproved. D is not king anymore, in either pro or college football. Have you been watching either pro or college football in the past 12 years.

Re: Auburn had a terrible defense and won the title in 2010...

Oct 19, 2012, 1:11 AM

Auburn had a ton of breaks to win it that year. 1) jaron brown and ky,e hook up we win. 2) snap infraction????????

But yes you are correct their D wasn't great but it still ranked in the top 50. We all know they paid Cam, but we don't know how by paid everyone else. They were not be best team in college football that year.
Having a grat O with a good to decent D can in you a championship. Pro has a playoff teams throughout the league that make the playoffs are not too far apart. And which ver them gets hot at the nd can win. But it's usually teams with good D's that get to the playoffs. NFL is geared towards big time offense. Ratings!

Football has gone to more of a O game just look at the rule changes. But beside Auburn (which had a decent, dirty, D) most of the pat winners had top 30 D's.

By the way Oregon has a good defense now.***

Oct 19, 2012, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Now you're using made up terminology to back up your... ]

We weren't running at the face pace that Oregon runs...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Now you're using made up terminology to back up your... ]

against FSU. Plus Oregon's D this year is light years better than ours. Also, FSU runs a spread offense.

Your judging how good Alabama is based on how bad

Oct 18, 2012, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: "Bama has a better D then most pro teams" ]

you think they'd beat USuC?

If I'm putting money on a game between Oregon and Alabama, I'd put my money on Oregon. You have to remember that they're not like Clemson is right now, they actually have a defense to go along with that jaw dropping offense. (which just goes to prove that its not our offense that is making our defense bad)

Bama has a good defense but they wouldn't shut any NFL...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Re: "Bama has a better D then most pro teams" ]

offense out. If you think that then you must be on some serious drugs or drinking the SEC Kool-Aid. Name one good offense Alabama has played all year? Zero. Oregon is playing good on offense and defense. Alabama should have scored 60 points on Ole Miss, yet only scored 6 points in the 2nd half against a terrible Ole Miss team.

Re: "Bama has a better D then most pro teams"

Oct 19, 2012, 5:12 AM [ in reply to Re: "Bama has a better D then most pro teams" ]

Beat a pro team. Now the question is, what pro team do you think thay could beat. I think NONE!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Ducks had 400 yds on LSU and TO's killed them

Oct 18, 2012, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Based on what? Name an offense anything like Oregon that ]

and L James got hurt. Bama has better defense than NFL teams? LOL, also best based on stopping crappy SEC offenses? Name a top 10 QB in the SEC

Re: The Ducks had 400 yds on LSU and TO's killed them

Oct 18, 2012, 11:32 PM

Theirs is ranked 6th in QB rating next SEC QB is Johnny Football at 12 and then Conner at 17th. Tajh is 22. But IMO Tyler Bray is the best, but Tenn lacks fire power. Bama plays ths week. Tenn has shown they can put up points.

Watch those ratings fall now that they play real teams***

Oct 18, 2012, 11:57 PM

Johnny Football and Conner Shaw have been playing against...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: The Ducks had 400 yds on LSU and TO's killed them ]

some of the worst defenses in that nation. Let's see where they rank at the end of the season. Although I'm impressed by Johnny Manziel, but Connor Shaw is not a good QB, tough kid who plays his heart out, but lacks the ability to make plays in the passing game when he is forced to. The LSU game last week showed that.

Re: Johnny Football and Conner Shaw have been playing against...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:14 AM

I agree that we will se some major shake ups in these inflated QB ratings. But who do you think are the op 5 QB's in NCAA football??

Top 5 QB's….

Oct 19, 2012, 12:20 AM

Geno Smith, Colin Klein, Seth Doege, Matt Barkley, Marcus Mariota

Re: Top 5 QB's….

Oct 19, 2012, 12:33 AM

Which of those make a good NFL QB??????

Not talking about the NFL, but since you asked Smith and...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:41 AM

Barkley.

What do you think AJ McCarron or Connor Shaw would make...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Top 5 QB's…. ]

a good NFL QB?

No college team has a pro defense, they're maybe halfway

Oct 18, 2012, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Based on what? Name an offense anything like Oregon that ]

Say they have a defense that sends 9 to the pros. How many of those will start in the pros? A pro team has 11 out of 11 pro players that beat out 3 other pros in camp. It's fun to say but completely untrue.

Re: No college team has a pro defense, they're maybe halfway

Oct 19, 2012, 12:34 AM

What team as the best D in college football right now?

Oregon lost to LSU because of turnovers, if not for that...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Based on what? Name an offense anything like Oregon that ]

they would have beat LSU. Oregon had over 400 yards of offense against LSU, last season.

Re: Based on what? Name an offense anything like Oregon that

Oct 18, 2012, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Based on what? Name an offense anything like Oregon that ]

Name a defense anything like Bama that Oregon has faced.

You could argue both ways, my point is I don't think either team has played an impressive schedule yet.

I'd take Oregon's O over Bama D***

Oct 18, 2012, 11:24 PM

This Oregon team is MUCH better than the one

Oct 18, 2012, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon is the best team in the nation. ]

that made a title run in 2010.

Much more solid defensively, and more well-rounded on offense. If Oregon plays Bama, my money is on Oregon.

Re: This Oregon team is MUCH better than the one

Oct 18, 2012, 11:11 PM

How much??? I'll take Bama!! Straight up right???

I think Bama falls to LSU anyways.

Oct 18, 2012, 11:13 PM

But if it happens, I'll put up 50 on Oregon.

Re: I think Bama falls to LSU anyways.

Oct 18, 2012, 11:15 PM

Deal. And no way they fall o LSU unless LSU gets dramatically better then what they showed last week.

It's at LSU. LSU always has a shot at home.***

Oct 18, 2012, 11:18 PM

LSU doesn't lose that death valley and guess where

Oct 18, 2012, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Bama falls to LSU anyways. ]

the game is?

Bama will beat LSU, LSU's offense is even worse than last...

Oct 19, 2012, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I think Bama falls to LSU anyways. ]

year. Unless some how Mettenburger improves all of a sudden, I think Bama wins a close one.

I'll go a thousand and we can let Crump hold the money***

Oct 18, 2012, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: This Oregon team is MUCH better than the one ]

Re: I'll go a thousand and we can let Crump hold the money***

Oct 18, 2012, 11:33 PM

I can't go a G new Tiger gonna be here in Feb. I'll go 50 on it

Re: I'll go a thousand and we can let Crump hold the money***

Oct 18, 2012, 11:34 PM

That s Bama Lsu game right???!

and that 2010 team only lost by 3 in the title game***

Oct 19, 2012, 12:11 AM [ in reply to This Oregon team is MUCH better than the one ]

Bama has a below average QB, and Bama plays no one with an..

Oct 19, 2012, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Oregon is the best team in the nation. ]

offense this season.

Hopeuflly they get their shot

Oct 18, 2012, 11:08 PM

Oklahoma State was the best team last year and wasn't given one vs LSU, whom they would have crushed

have had them as my best team in the nation past 3 weeks***

Oct 18, 2012, 11:58 PM

Re: Re: Based on what? Name an offense anything like Oregon that

Oct 19, 2012, 1:53 AM

Seriously? There is not one team in NCF that can even attempt to play an NFL team. Not even an All American team would stand a chance against any NFL team even if that NFL team went 0-16!

Re: Oregon is the best team in the nation.

Oct 19, 2012, 5:05 AM

I thought that their uniforms was pretty sharp. They went with their style of play, flashy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 60
| visibility 4,445
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic