Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama fan overheard Jeff Scott talking at Senior Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Bama fan overheard Jeff Scott talking at Senior Bowl

Jan 25, 2019, 10:33 AM

This actually seems legit. Here is his description:

“I know it’s not the greatest thing to eavesdrop but he was talking to some pro scouts and brought up some very interesting points. He mentioned on tape he saw bama had very limited depth and knew that could take extreme advantage of it. Said he would see players have loaf plays up to 10 plays in a row ( by what they consider a loaf play) and bama would still sub nobody in. He also said that he was not surprised at how well they played. He also brought up the ND game and that he was shocked that they bracketed renfrow late In the half and knew it was easy money with their outside WRs. He was asked about the Tony brown situation (because Renfrow is there) didn’t say much other than “yeah he was that crazy player last year when they beat us. Saw it on social media.” Lastly he brought up the players testing positive and he said the program was spending crazy money to figure out where it came from. He said there’s a couple of players he may have questioned if they actually took something willingly but with the Guys that did test positive he believed that were completely innocent.”

Source:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/alabama-sports/at-the-senior-bowl-practices-and-was-right-next-to-clemson-oc-jeff-scott/81599571/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of surprisingly reasonable responses there

Jan 25, 2019, 10:39 AM

I'm impressed. I expected full-on denial....

Well... they were reasonable up until somebody posted some nonsense about Venables having "dark secrets" in his past and having substance issues. What a crock of crap.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Lots of surprisingly reasonable responses there

Jan 25, 2019, 11:11 AM

Every fan base has their crazies, but most people are sensible. That particular board is normally fairly sane. Now the Bama posters who post elsewhere on that site, particularly the SEC Rant and More Sports boards, are bats*%$ crazy.

Re: Bama fan overheard Jeff Scott talking at Senior Bowl

Jan 25, 2019, 11:03 AM

Just watch the game again and focus on #49 Buggs and #92 Williams. I was shocked at William's because of his hype but how Buggs played was laughable and even mentioned by Herbie as a lack of effort (something to that affect). That's what you get when you average playing 44 players a game (Bama) or 72 a game (Tigers), DEPTH.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 11:08 AM

After ETN's first TD I mentioned to my brother sitting next to me that NOBODY outruns Bama to the corner like that.

My first thought was ETN just showed incredible burst to outrun them.

He does have incredible burst, but during the replay it became obvious that several guys who expected the play to be made by someone else didn't even bother to give chase. The defenders just sort of jogged in the direction ETN was running.

That TD run should have gone for 8-10 yards unless ETN broke a tackle or 2. Instead he scored untouched because several players gave little to no effort.

Had to grin when A-A DT Quinton Williams had to leave game to gulp air on sideline

Jan 25, 2019, 11:16 AM

and then tv camera showed the Dude turning down some Gator-aid since he had to breathe first.

Knew then that big bad Bammer D Team was in trouble!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny because in the second quarter, Tom Rinaldi

Jan 25, 2019, 11:47 AM

said that our defense was already tired, which turned out to be what he may have wanted to see instead of reality...
These guys need to not drink so much of their own koolade...

Re: Funny because in the second quarter, Tom Rinaldi

Jan 25, 2019, 11:49 AM

They also mentioned that our 10 offensive plays in the 1st quarter would not allow us to get Bama tired like we did to win it in '16.

By mid 2nd quarter announcers were claiming that the Bama D was wearing down and getting tired.

That was a poor excuse for getting whipped. If Bama's defense got tired, it was because they were not used to having to get back up off the ground so many times during a game.

Our D was getting gassed in the 2nd quarter, what game were

Jan 25, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Funny because in the second quarter, Tom Rinaldi ]

you watching?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 12:03 PM

I read that thread and the bamas are just as ignorant as the cluckers about Clemson's program. They think Scott has some dark issues because he is not getting offers for head coach. That no one wants the assistant coaches at Clemson because they must not be that good.

https://giphy.com/gifs/thread-friday-beat-rrjq3nM3tx840

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 12:06 PM

They said Venables is the one with dark issues. One said anger issues and another alluded to possibly substance abuse. All just rumormongering since anyone can say anything on a message board.

I heard Nick Saban can’t leave Bama for another school, even though he wants to, because the school supports his habit of killing hookers. See how easy that is?

Most of the replies by bama's fans are pretty nice.***

Jan 25, 2019, 12:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 12:16 PM

Their DE #49 Buggs is one lazy dude. That guy barely jogged if the play was not I his direction or past him.

Jan 25, 2019, 12:34 PM

Having a team full of 4 and 5 star players doesn't matter if you aren't coaching them up or holding them accountable for their effort.

Jan 25, 2019, 1:18 PM

ha, I loved this quote:

"I am so effing tried of CU and the way they seem to be the ones that actually scout Bama and have a workable plan to beat them."

I've told people the past couple of years Alabama is like Tiger in his heyday. It's not that they're supremely talented across the board than everyone else, it's that a lot of teams have a mental block to thinking they belong. No way LSU should score 0 points two of the last three years. UGa should have beaten them until Kirby calls stupid plays. Dabo has built the program to have no fear of anyone else, and it shows esp when we play Bama. they coach what they coach and not try to outdo Bama,

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic