Replies: 32   Last Post: Dec 12, 2017 2:33 PM by: freakgeek
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 32   Pages: 2  
[ 1 2 | Next ]

Bama fan here

[56]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:42 AM

I just wanted to congratulate you guys on a third straight playoff appearance.

Even though I'm looking forward to the game and the challenge ahead, I'm expecting us to struggle. This isn't the same elite team we've brought to the playoffs the last few years. We've struggled in the trenches on both sides - our oline has looked bad in pass pro, our offensive game plan has been mediocre at best all season - Hurts scrambling around while looking for Ridley deep and taking off if he's not open. It'll be interesting to see how the staff responds after a lackluster regular season.

Dabo was on the local sports station in Birmingham this morning with Jay Barker. He's such a stand up guy and I'm glad he's having success over in the palmetto state.

Re: Bama fan here

[5]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:46 AM

You are a class act, sir.

Should be a good one!

Will all of your ijured LB's be back for the game?*****

[1]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:46 AM

2018 white level member

Pretty sure their MLB is done for the year.***

[1]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:49 AM

2018 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Re: Will all of your ijured LB's be back for the game?*****

[1]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:50 AM

All except Shaun Dion Hamilton. His presence has been missed, he was the signal caller.

He must be good if you use all three of his names.

[6]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:53 AM

I think you guys match up well with our offense, but our defense matches up very well with your offense as well. Slugfest. I look forward to it.

2018 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 2:46 PM

How is Minkah Fitzpatrick doing? He had quite a rough year with getting knocked out (LSU) and the Hamstring injury doing the stretch.

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 11:41 PM

He's healthy now. He played in the barn game but he wasn't quite 100%.

I thought I was going to flag you for a list, but that's

[1]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 11:55 PM

just one dude, so you're all good.
I expect it to be closer than what I've heard from both Clemson and Bama fans. 5 weeks is a long time for your staff to get ready for a team they're facing for the 3rd straight year.

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

null

What does it say about the quality of football in the SEC

[6]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:50 AM

when you only lose one game all year during a "lackluster regular season?"

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Bama fan here

[2]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:51 AM

We appreciate the the poor mouthing but we know Bama is still Bama despite little inefficiencies. This game will go down to the wire again but lower scoring. Trench warfare. Sad the two best teams won't make the final this year.

The committee planned it that way...

[1]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:54 AM

because they fear the college football viewing public would not be as interested in another Clemson/Alabama final.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm assuming that's speculation?

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 11:24 AM

I think Bama was ranked 4th, and rightly so behind the SEC champs and Oklahoma. Don't you think?

Frankly...

[1]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 11:38 AM

I thought Ohio State deserved the 4th spot.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm with you on that. If I recall correctly, OSU

[1]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 11:51 AM

led Bama in 3 of the 4 known measurables for the committee. The unknown measurable is something like, "other relevant factors". I assume that to mean, "eye test". Whatever it was, I don't buy it. The committee should be forced to objectively explain their decision.

Welcome to the site.

[2]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 10:57 AM

What do you think is the reason for the drop off in line play this year? Is it recruiting? bama always seems to be stacked, even the backups.

My first guess would be NFL. No doubt we are going against

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 11:09 AM

7-10 guys in the trenches that will be playing there one day. I'm betting on our experience along the lines vs their talent.

Re: Welcome to the site.

[4]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 11:13 AM

On D I think it's a combination of lack of pass rushers and inconsistent LB play due to injuries. As for the oline, I think it's the blocking scheme. Daboll is still implementing his system so hopefully next season we'll be better.

You misspelled .. cheerleadin, bible abusing, crooked,

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 11:09 AM

Real estate agent.

Injuries

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 11:12 AM

Not sure if LB Miller will be ready either. He tore a biceps or something along that line. I don’t think he will have his football legs quite underneath him yet. If he does play I would exploit that. Bama has plenty of backs so I expect them to feed them to open play action. Thing is Hurts will see Ridley double teamed. A slot receiver may take advantage but at least we don’t have to worry about TE Howard. Minkah can’t be everywhere and he will have his hands full chasing H Renfro.

Yaws Special Teams will be an advantage over us. Regardless it will be an exciting game.

military_donation.jpg

Re: Injuries

[1]
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 11:17 AM

This has been the biggest gripe from Bama fans. I don't know why Daboll hasn't utilized the RBs more on play action. All of our RBs have great hands. His play calling has been questionable all season.

Replies: 32   Pages: 2  
[ 1 2 | Next ]
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Two 2018 Season Tickets - Section X - Close to the Gate, Restroom, and Concessions. Seats are in th...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
7696 people have read this post