Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama LB Terrell Lewis torn ACL > Out for the Year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,187

Bama LB Terrell Lewis torn ACL > Out for the Year

Jul 10, 2018, 12:55 PM

to a speedy recovery Terrell - guy is good

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

bummer for the kid

Jul 10, 2018, 2:14 PM

guess bama will have to look to one of the other eight 5* players on their bench this season

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama LB Terrell Lewis torn ACL > Out for the Year

Jul 10, 2018, 2:22 PM

That sucks for the young man and right after Satan released another LB from the team. I'm thinking Satan is really regretting dismissing VanDarius Cowan yesterday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang. Get better Lewis!***

Jul 10, 2018, 4:42 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama LB Terrell Lewis torn ACL > Out for the Year

Jul 10, 2018, 5:59 PM

That actually hurts them. Lewis was their projected starter at the "jack" linebacker spot. That other guy they dismissed this week - VanDarius Cowan - was looking like a bust and was languishing both in the doghouse and at third-string on the depth chart, which is why Saban was willing to part with him, but Lewis was a big player for them.

Even more interestingly, Alabama lost three LB's this offseason, including two to the NFL (Rashaan Evans in Round 1, Shaun Dion Hamilton in Round 6)...you might remember that the Tide had a ton of injuries to LB's last year...regrettably, though, they missed out on the SEC Championship Game and healed up in time to play us in the playoffs.

To add to the fun, their LB draft class wasn't nearly what it usually is, especially after Georgia bought...er, sorry, flipped two key LB's away from them. They ended up just signing one guy, actually - 2-star-rated Jaylen Moody out of Conway, SC, who had to have been way down their fallback board. They killed it at DE and DB, as per usual, but their linebacker situation is as thin coming into the season as I've ever seen it under Saban...and they're a team that runs the 3-4.

This was not the news the Tide needed, not after their offseason losses and the injuries they had last year. Especially when you consider the Tide had 12 guys drafted, most of them on the defensive side of the ball, they were looking at a full-on rebuild job on D anyhow.

Is this the year it finally starts catching up to them? Normally you'd say no...but the Tide are also breaking in their third DC in three years and also had to switch out five position coaches as well. So...just...maybe so.

Worth keeping an eye on, for sure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to hear about any player losing a year to injury.

Jul 10, 2018, 10:23 PM

I'm wishing he comes back stronger than ever and reaches his goals in life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,187
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic