Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama 2018 recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,459

Bama 2018 recruiting

May 19, 2017, 12:34 PM

Just had a decommitment and now only have 2 signees.

That is wild. While everyone knew we would have a small class our guys are awesome and we are top 10 right now.

Is Bama going to have a small class too or are they just struggling?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama 2018 recruiting

May 19, 2017, 12:45 PM

Alabama does its recruiting once they take the field. Bama is in no big hurry, never has been since Sabin took over. The OC is gonna have to sell himself first. If Bama beats the tar out of fsu and sweeps the SEC then players will line up as they usually do and beg for a scholly. They usually get the cream of the crop and they are usually patient about it. It's way early in the process, same can be said about Dabo and Co. dabs will earn his paychk if he loses two or three games bc he will be doing overtime keeping all this talent that has committed by Dec 2017.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama 2018 recruiting

May 19, 2017, 2:09 PM

Don't compare Dabo's process to anything Saban does. Dabo recruits the right way and tells kids upfront it is a small class. He also does everything he can to make sure they are 100% committed before accepting a commitment from anyone, even the 5* talent.

Saban is telling the players to enjoy the process and that they don't have to worry because Bama will always have room for them. Until Sophomore year when he over signs again and has to cut, I mean suggest a transfer.

null

Looking at a list and they only have 15 seniors

May 19, 2017, 12:45 PM

for next season. I'm not sure how up to date it is, but here's the link: https://www.tidesports.com/alabama-football-eligibility-tracker/
They sit at 91 scholarships on that link so they're already 6 over for next season.

Depending on how attrition shakes out for them, they shake quite a bit harder than we do, they could have a small class. I still expect it to be 18-22 commits, but that is small considering their last few classes have gone like this:
2013 - 26
2014 - 26
2015 - 24
2016 - 24
2017 - 29

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking at a list and they only have 15 seniors

May 19, 2017, 2:05 PM

They will have attrition because they will ask players to leave. They will essentially cut down a roster like the NFL to get to 85 this year. Once again they will sign 25+ and the cycle continues.

null

Dabo showed recruits there is a better more fun to win championships than

May 19, 2017, 2:54 PM

Playing for a dictator that makes it miserable for all

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,459
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic