Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From NCAA rule book
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 5,173

From NCAA rule book

Dec 24, 2018, 6:57 PM

8.2.2. For student-athletes who have a positive find- ing, Drug Free Sport will contact the director of athlet- ics or a designee by telephone as soon as possible. The telephone contact will be followed by “overnight” letters (marked “confidential”) or e-mail to the director of athletics or designee. The institution shall notify the student-athlete of the finding.
8.2.2.1. Drug Free Sport will, during the telephone conversation, advise the director of athletics that specimen B will be tested. The student-athlete may be present at the opening of specimen B.
8.2.2.2. The institution and/or the student-athlete will be given the option to be represented at the labora- tory for the opening of specimen B. Notification by the institution and/or the student-athlete of intent to be represented must be given to Drug Free Sport.
8.2.2.3. If the institution and/or the student-athlete desires representation, they must inform Drug Free Sport within 48 hours and present themselves at the lab within two business days of the notification. If they cannot arrange for such representation, Drug Free Sport will arrange for a surrogate to attend the opening of specimen B.
8.2.2.3.1. The surrogate will not otherwise be involved with the analysis of the specimen.
8.2.2.4. The student-athlete, student-athlete’s repre- sentative, the institution’s representative or the surro- gate will attest by signature as to the code number on specimen B, that the security seal has not been broken, and that there is no evidence of tampering.
8.2.2.5. Sample preparation for specimen B analysis will be conducted by a laboratory staff member other than the individual who prepared the student-athlete’s specimen A.
8.2.2.6. Specimen B findings will be final. The laboratory will inform Drug Free Sport of the results.
8.2.2.6.1. For student-athletes who have a specimen B positive finding, Drug Free Sport will contact the director of athletics or a designee by telephone as soon as possible. The institution shall notify the student-athlete of the finding. At this point, normal NCAA eligibility procedures will apply.
8.2.2.6.2. Upon notification of the specimen B posi- tive finding, the institution shall be required to declare the student-athlete ineligible, and the institu- tion is obligated to withhold the student-athlete from all intercollegiate competition. In the event that a student-athlete tests positive for a substance for which the institution desires an exception (see Medical Exceptions), the eligibility of the student- athlete may be maintained while the exception request is under review.
8.2.2.7. A positive finding may be appealed by the institution to the NCAA competitive safe- guards committee or a subcommittee thereof. The institution shall notify the student-athlete of the right to appeal.
8.2.2.7.1. The institution shall appeal if so requested by the student-athlete.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From NCAA rule book

Dec 24, 2018, 7:20 PM

Boring. Stating rules doesn't mean that they apply to any particular team or body. If you are driving 35 MPH in a 40 MPH speed zone, and are stopped and charged with speeding, does that make it true? The charges against these student-athletes seem tenuous at best. Drug abuse is one thing, but these accusations against these individuals seem borderline and don't involve street drugs. I can give you the strictures against wife-beating, and then accuse you of it, but at what point does it become valid? Maybe I've slipped your dear one a few bucks, what them??" You're guilty! The NCAA rule book doesn't mean crap,without hard evidence that someone has violated it.It's not there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 7:48 PM

Not boring. There appears to be an appeals process in place that would allow them to remain eligible. Go away.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Dec 24, 2018, 8:00 PM

If I remember correctly, Alabama had players test positive three years ago, and the appeal process made it possible for the players to participate in the postseason. I believe that their tests were ultimately validated BUT the players were eligible for both the semifinals and finals.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's very interesting. Thanks for that.***

Dec 24, 2018, 10:17 PM

Dec 24, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: From NCAA rule book ]

Swinney said the players had attorneys. I wonder if the attorney or a Clemson representative will be on site when they open sample B and perform the test? I would hope so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 9:16 PM

I guarantee it.

absolutely there will be. But the thing is, it will

Dec 24, 2018, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: From NCAA rule book ]

probably be positive also since it is from the same batch of urine. What I hope is an option is what was mentioned earlier in this thread by someone. Perhaps there is an appeals process that would allow them to remain eligible pending the outcome of the appeal.

Not true. The first test only had a trace amount. That is

Dec 24, 2018, 11:11 PM

why there are two test specimens. Just as common for them not matching the trace amount, which could easily have been contaminated by the testing agency.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

appeal would be at a later time, like February***

Dec 24, 2018, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: From NCAA rule book ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

if B sample fails, play the ND game and win

Dec 24, 2018, 10:32 PM

Without him; then ask for the exception close enough to natty that they don’t have time to review; athlete remains eligible while exception is being reviewed. If we’re certain the exception review process is like a 4-6 week process that can’t be sped up - ask this week for it and play him as he would be eligible. Fight this BS by using their own rules against them

Agree. THey made those rules, we didn't. They could nevere

Dec 25, 2018, 12:41 AM

go back and do anything if we did it all by their guidelines.

Dec 25, 2018, 1:04 AM

Baker5801 was a tattled on his classmates in elementary school

Baker5801 also ate Crayons

Dec 25, 2018, 1:06 AM

And still enjoys them in moderation

Replies: 13
| visibility 5,173
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive