Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad news is, our starter stank, we're still taking too many
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Bad news is, our starter stank, we're still taking too many

May 11, 2018, 10:45 PM

first strikes. We can't hit for &^^%$#! when runners are in scoring position, the Ump was blinder than a dead Ray Charles, and we just got Peayed on like a hurricane.

Good news is, we can still win the series, it's a lot better to lose to them than Pittsburgh, and UNC and the Chickens lost.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad news is, our starter stank, we're still taking too many

May 11, 2018, 11:33 PM

All so so true. I get so disappointed though. I certainly understand you’re going to lose games in baseball, but just when you think this team is starting to gel and put it together, reality bites you in the but... and you realize everything BengalBilly said is true.

We’re a good team but not great. Munson and Qualk scoffed at the ump all night but did admit he was for the most part consistent for all pitchers. We should have crowded the plate second time through the order and went the opposite field knowing we had to hit that outside- way outside corner pitch.

Sometimes I feel like our hitters are guessing too much what the pitch may be instead of watching the ball into the plate and hitting what the pitchers throwing.

I’d be rich if I had a dollar for every time I heard the radio announcers say a clemson batter got a good pitch and couldn’t pull the trigger, or got a hanger and just got under it. Yada yada.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, we're good but not great. We have a lot of young

May 12, 2018, 12:45 AM

talent and may be great one day, but to be great we must be consistent, and we haven't been that all season.

Yup we just don’t have championship pitching.

May 12, 2018, 3:40 AM

Nevertheless i will enjoy the good as it happens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2018, 5:18 AM

Better for conference standings
Worse mentally

Coach Lee needs to take in game motivation lessons from

May 12, 2018, 7:09 AM

Coach V.

Last night and last Saturday, you could tell they were flat and going through the motions. I haven't seen the adjustments in game to fire them up. Now I'm confident they will come out today looking like a completely different ball club, focused and ready to go but baseball moves slow enough that he needs to light that fire mid game.

Re: Coach Lee needs to take in game motivation lessons from

May 12, 2018, 8:13 AM

So you have never seen coach lee get the whole team together in game and go over things or give them some motivational talk huh. He does it almost every game and sometimes it makes the camera and sometimes it doesn’t. Guess you just can’t say we had a bad game and didn’t play our best. Why is it always the coaches fault. The players bear responsibility also

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baseball

May 12, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Coach Lee needs to take in game motivation lessons from ]

isn't football.

Hopefully we go out today and knock their heads off.

Heck - we have bats - we can do some damage!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 12, 2018, 8:24 AM

Umpire was beyond ridiculous and was calling pitches way outside the zone strikes,but...you absolutely can't and should not have to hit pitches a foot or more outside like the one to Chris Williams in his second at bat. This effed him up the rest of the night. I understand that umps have "different" strike zones but they should not be this different. The plate is there for a reason. Now,to our current situation: We are a good,not great team like many others. We have ups and downs like most teams but ours come when it looks unlikely. We really must win 5 of the last six to feel good about a national seed. If we lose 3 or more of last 6 we are in serious danger of not even hosting unless we win 2 in ACC tournament. Unless our bats get white hot we will not win a regional because we do not have enough arms we can trust right now. Kudos to the job Hennessy and Crawford have done but they are struggling now and neither are typical #1 and 2. Higgy,Miller,Gilliam and Spiers can't carry us by themselves. We really must get a major contribution from Strider,great arm but questionable command,to be successful in postseason. Really baffling that a couple of our pitchers had really strong summers in two different leagues and were pretty good in fall and spring but have been given very little or no chance this season. Yes,I saw most all scrimmages and am not going on heresay. Far too much favoritism shown by this coaching staff.

May 12, 2018, 11:01 AM

Best bball post perhaps all year. As I’ve said many times, frustrating because they show brilliant at times. Hopefully Monte is learning too. I like him and the way he’s recruiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2018, 11:03 AM

R u serious. Someone td this post. B.B. is spot on. He knows our baseball team.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic