Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad news for Republican states
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Bad news for Republican states

May 12, 2020, 4:56 PM

Democrat run states and cities are just smarter.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/greatest-increases-of-covid-deaths-projected-in-republican-states-193205068.html
https://media-mbst-pub-ue1.s3.amazonaws.com/creatr-uploaded-images/2020-05/ef90e380-9486-11ea-bb4f-d1cfbefd3232">

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has nothing to do with intelligence...

May 12, 2020, 5:05 PM

Republican states are willing to open sooner. And those projections are based off the same models that were wrong time and time again.

I can use the exact same data/logic and say that economies in states with Republican Governors are projected to have lower unemployment sooner, and smaller budget deficits.

Spin the data however you want.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL I figured that it was so idiotic that I would post it

May 12, 2020, 5:38 PM

1 out of the top 9 states in total deaths has a Republican governor, and that state is Mass. Plus they are using IHME as a model. So far IHME has not predicted anything correctly that I can tell.

There does not seem to be much of a correlation between shutting down and cases. Certainly it has to help, but it does not appear to be too much so far. We'll see in another month.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meanwhile, NY and NJ have 50% of US covid deaths

May 12, 2020, 5:13 PM

Your Pub state stats are meaningless!

Re: Meanwhile, NY and NJ have 50% of US covid deaths

May 12, 2020, 5:17 PM

shocker, one of the most densely populated regions of the country got hit the hardest, especially the cities where essential workers rely on public transportation to get to work and you have a lot of multi generational families living under the same roof.

And my 80 year old dad lives in NJ, not a day goes by that I do not worry about him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whereabouts?***

May 12, 2020, 5:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Whereabouts?***

May 12, 2020, 5:26 PM

he is in Bordentown right on the river. Lovely area.

Nice. That's about 1/2 hour from my mother's house.***

May 12, 2020, 5:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Nice. That's about 1/2 hour from my mother's house.***

May 12, 2020, 5:36 PM

grew up in Cherry Hill myself. I am sure i have mentioned numerous times my dad was a photo journalist for the inquirer in the 80s. He was in Nicaragua during the Iran contra affair. He followed the Sandinistas through the jungles and took photos of mass graves. Also took photos for the Pentagon in Vietnam.

Nice.

May 12, 2020, 6:15 PM

I grew up in Marlton, but we were more Courier Post people than Inquirer.

null

Nice area,

May 12, 2020, 6:18 PM

I used to deliver the Camden courier post when I was 12, much to my Dad's Mockery.

Hope he's well!***

May 12, 2020, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Whereabouts?*** ]

You’re right balm. Plus, NYC is so cosmopolitan...people

May 12, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Meanwhile, NY and NJ have 50% of US covid deaths ]

coming in from all over the world.

Having said that, it is interesting to ponder what the headlines would be if the virus was hitting red states harder. Not too much of a stretch to think the media would be blaming it on our backward ways.

null

That's actually a huge stretch and it's preposterous.***

May 12, 2020, 5:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe. But we already see a lot of

May 12, 2020, 6:16 PM

Those “ignorant rubes from the south are opening their states too early” stuff.

Just my opinion.

null

Re: You’re right balm. Plus, NYC is so cosmopolitan...people

May 12, 2020, 5:31 PM [ in reply to You’re right balm. Plus, NYC is so cosmopolitan...people ]

I find it impossible to watch the news these days, they act like the sky is falling. But people need to be a little more sensitive toward the risks the elderly and sick are taking and stop pointing fingers.

And coming from a guy that has lived in NJ, Cali, florida, New Hampshire, SC and NC, I prefer the south

Agree on all counts. I’m from New Jersey and

May 12, 2020, 6:13 PM

I know that it gets undeserved mockery...much of it is beautiful. But I’m a Charlottean now and happier for it.

null

Re: Agree on all counts. I’m from New Jersey and

May 12, 2020, 6:17 PM

I have some fond memories of canoe and camping trips in the Pine Barrens. You want to see some backwards people, rent canoes on the wading pines river, I swear these guys still had their 18th century accents and the teeth to match.

Re: You’re right balm. Plus, NYC is so cosmopolitan...people

May 12, 2020, 11:51 PM [ in reply to You’re right balm. Plus, NYC is so cosmopolitan...people ]

It's not hitting red states harder because not that many people want to live in them...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strangely the Navajo reservation has the second highest

May 12, 2020, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Meanwhile, NY and NJ have 50% of US covid deaths ]

Rate after NY.

About as different from NYC as you can get but they don’t have in house running water so have been congregating at the community wells.

https://apple.news/ANWpUta1sT9ucDWXGx5v7ew

ssshhhh***

May 12, 2020, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Meanwhile, NY and NJ have 50% of US covid deaths ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Without clicking on the story, would that perhaps be a

May 12, 2020, 5:22 PM

function in part of the lower death rates to date? Hard to imagine NY having a higher rate of increase of deaths from COVID-19 given what they’ve already gone through.

null

So, you'd expect disease outbreaks among...

May 12, 2020, 8:01 PM

the unwashed masses. Don't look at NYC though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, you'd expect disease outbreaks among...

May 12, 2020, 8:11 PM

I have spent a good amount of time in that city. You do not drive there, you take the train. it is asshole to elbow in the streets. And with the cost of housing, you have a lot of successful working professionals living with roommates and commuting long distances on public transportation.. There are also 3 international airports with people from all over the world travelling there for business. you are comparing apples to hand grenades.

Yes, I am fully aware.

May 12, 2020, 9:09 PM

In case you didn't get it I called the rest of us unwashed masses. That was a joke too. I was in the city as a child around 12 while traveling in my dad's truck. I saw the city and the upstate and met enough people to know that city dwellers are not my kind of people.

However, the upstate folks are down home fine to me. The only difference between them and southerners is the accent. My last trip to NY was 50 years ago and I didn't leave anything there so I have no reason to go back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how effing retarded are these POS?***

May 12, 2020, 8:36 PM [ in reply to So, you'd expect disease outbreaks among... ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic