Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad defense or refs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Bad defense or refs?

Nov 25, 2018, 8:01 AM

Seemed that at least 2 drives would have ended but were extended on 3rd down penalties.

Game reminded me of Pitt game - defense did job and then refs extended drives.

Defense prevented how many 4th down conversions in the red zone?

Just saying, yes, the secondary was bad, but I attribute imoho, 21-28 points of swing just due to the refs and their lugubrious calls...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad defense or refs?

Nov 25, 2018, 8:03 AM

A few iffy calls but mainly bad coverage. If we win the cfp, we will have SCar to thank for showing us this... Bama or OU would have eaten us alive with an adjustment to this. Hopefully BV can make it better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOTH!***

Nov 25, 2018, 8:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watch Venables post game

Nov 25, 2018, 8:05 AM

He’ll give you the correct answer

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Refs weren't why our D sucked last night.

Both***

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Both***

Nov 25, 2018, 8:12 AM

The first half offensive PI call against Rogers was a joke and the defensive PI call against turner in the 2nd half was a joke. Both called out by the commentators as bad calls.

Our safeties were lost last night. They had no idea what they were doing. Good thing is there is PLENTY of game film to watch to correct their mistakes.

I expected to give up some points last night. 21 points was the max they should have scored. Clean up the coverage busts and they would have scored between 14 and 21 points.

Definitely bad defense. I mean there were 1-2 iffy calls

that looked pretty bad on replay, but that's absolutely no excuse for giving up 510 passing yards to Jake Bentley and letting guys run free over the middle all night.

Re: Bad defense or refs?--- BOTH

Middle left open alot and Bentley was on the mark often .... though some of the SEC ref calls were downright stupid and wrong period...if you were listening, even Griese thought some calls were hardly legit.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:13 AM

Our safeties has a turrible night and interior LB's did not get a drop in coverages. We will be fine.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:16 AM

There was one bad call. We got a PI call against your D and there was no contact at all by your guy. It was comical for the ref to call it. It was when it was foggy so maybe that played in. But it was terrible. Other than that the calls were correct. The game went about like I expected. You guys are not vulnerable to the run but you are to the pass to a degree. The SC Offense we saw the last six weeks was what we expected from day one this year. Had we scored those two times when we were at the 5 yard line in the game it may have gotten interesting. But you guys are too good on offense in our defense was down to nothing. They haven’t been great all year but have taken a huge step back with all the injuries. If you beat Pittsburgh which is a 99.99% chance of happening you will play for a title regardless of who your first round opponent will be

I don't mind giving credit when such is due: Bentley threw

Nov 25, 2018, 8:44 AM

some darn fine strikes last night with the Gamecocks putting up a respectable score against our D.

I've been at this since my freshman year in 1965 at Clemson and have always been somewhat guarded in my opinions about our rivalry game beforehand.

Actually, the game proved more enjoyable because South Carolina was determined to give it its best shots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic