Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers as consistent as Ohio St.? Not just yet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers as consistent as Ohio St.? Not just yet

Dec 28, 2013, 12:18 PM

Tigers as consistent as Ohio St.? Not just yet

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said on Friday he considers Clemson on a par with Ohio St., the Tigers’ foe in the Discover Orange Bowl next week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consistent???

Dec 28, 2013, 12:39 PM

1) 3 year probation
2) all 2010 wins VACATED
3) Sugar Bowl win VACATED
4) post season ban
5) former coach given cause to hire
6) had to hire new coach

Is THIS the consistent 5 year record you desire? As a reporter you should know better than this.

How do I make a scok or two?

Dec 28, 2013, 4:45 PM

Or ten perhaps, this post deserves HOF.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he sets his self up for jabs by Spurrier***

Dec 28, 2013, 6:03 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consistent ?

Dec 28, 2013, 2:19 PM

Give 919 Tiger 5 extra points for this! Support your Tigers and their Coaching staff.

We are more consistant than Auburn!!

Dec 28, 2013, 2:58 PM

But they are playing for all the marbles. So I'm not sure if consistency is always the best yardstick of program success.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are more consistant than Auburn!!

Dec 28, 2013, 3:40 PM

I see what he is saying on consistency. I don't think Dabo wants probation and vacation of games. I think he is driving on consistency. Say what you will about our upcoming opponent, they have been to more BCS games than any of the AQ schools in the NCAA. They have also won a national championship in the BCS era. I would love that kind of consistency and we are on the right path.

And by the way of Auburn, the number that was so important about that special Saturday was 6. Auburn is in the Championship because they beat Alabama by 6 points. We turned the ball over 6 times and lost to South Carolina. And even with that win, we still would have been short because Auburn got hot and lucky at the right time of the year. Not to mention, I do not see them fairing that well against Florida State.

I will put it to you this way. Clemson will not be the surprise team in a National Championship. We will be the expectation. I will take that over what Auburn or Florida State being the surprise teams.

Bad, but Dabo's been consistant with losing to Coots for 5!

Dec 28, 2013, 6:28 PM

GoTiGS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2013, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: We are more consistant than Auburn!! ]

I like that statement!! Go Tigers!!!

Dec 29, 2013, 1:13 AM

He was put in a fist fight with (at least) one of his arms tied behind his back due to his lack of experience as a head coach and the recruiting class that was lost after Bowden resigned. (which stuck with Clemson for 4 years)

And some act as if they would like to repeat it and replace Dabo…

I don't like losing to FSU (especially badly) or South Carolina (especially 5 years in a row) either, but try to have some perspective.

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers as consistent as Ohio St.? Not just yet

Dec 28, 2013, 6:53 PM

What Dabo failed to mention in playing 6 top 12 teams, is that he is 2-4 in those 6 games.

Dec 29, 2013, 8:32 AM

ggsgamecock, don't they teach "reading" at Cootville? Here is what Dabo said, pay attention- "This is our sixth top 12 matchup in our last 15 games." Let me explain, the 6th game hasn't been played yet!!! We are 2-3 in the other games. In Cootville, during the same period, (15 games) you have played 3 top 12 teams and your record is 2-1.(No, Missouri was not in the top 12 when you beat them, they were #14) You lost to Georgia and we beat them and you lost to an unranked Tennessee and we haven't lost to an unranked team in the last 18 times.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hah troll try 5-4 vs top 12

Dec 29, 2013, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers as consistent as Ohio St.? Not just yet ]

2011: wins vs Va Tech, FSU, Va Tech (acc championship)
2012:wins: LSU, losses: FSU, Usecond chances
2013: wins: Georgia, losses: FSU, Usecond chances

Dec 28, 2013, 7:59 PM

Uh-huh. Really, quit blowing smoke on stats and win...talk then.

Dec 28, 2013, 10:24 PM

Last 5 years:
OSU 54-11
Clemson 40-20

Why must Dabo let his alligator mouth
overload his humming bird butt ?

Next thing we'll hear is that Terry
Bridgewater might be almost as good as
Taj.

Dabo insulted Spurrier and USC after his
4th straight loss with a rant that HE KNEW
WAS BASED ON A FALSEHOOD ( Todd Ellis made the
" We are not Clemson" comment) but Dabo still
had to get his little cut in.

He is playing the Tiger nation like a cheap
fiddle. Like a magician, he uses verbal
slight-of-hands to keep the minds of Clemson
fans off the fact that he is 1-5 against USC
and the fact that FSU has became the dominant
team in the ACC. But as long as the Tiger nation
will swallow this crap, he will continue to
feed it.

Dec 28, 2013, 10:25 PM

go back to fgf and take your stupid post with you

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

c0cks

Dec 28, 2013, 10:36 PM

Or the "MALE APPENDAGE" team to the south, are one of the most consistent teams in all of college football. 100+ yrs of NOTHING

Re: c0cks

Dec 29, 2013, 10:34 AM

Dabo said to compare the last 5 years, so following his lead we have 5 years of kicking your butts.
Now that is consistency as Dabo has defined it!

He is right.

Dec 28, 2013, 10:41 PM

We didnt pull a "Coot" and lose to any non-bowl eligible under .500 teams this year . I hope that the fans for the dirtpeckers understand that elite means nothing without integrity ...the latter which they lack Andthe former they will never oobtain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: He is right.

Dec 29, 2013, 9:32 AM

Tigerdug....while what you say is true about losing to a non-bowl qualifier under 500....the fact remains you lost to that team, that lost to that team by double digits 5 years in a row. This year at least to the starting QB. The point is that Dabo feeds the other teams with rants and bulletin board material. If this is what you want....fine with Gamecock Nation and other programs that you will face in the future. Do it and then say it.....until then....don't.

Re: He is right.

Dec 29, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to He is right. ]

Integrity, from the team that bought a "National Championship" and then repeated those violations 2 years later? Please, you can't lecture anyone on integrity.

And don't kid yourself on "elite" either.

Dec 28, 2013, 10:46 PM

LET"S GO BLABO !!!! LET"S GO BLABO !!!!! shut up and Coach for God's sake .....

Dec 28, 2013, 10:48 PM

On second thought...just shut up ...and let the other real Coaches coach..

Pull a "coot"

Dec 29, 2013, 12:46 AM

That's hilarious. Yes we lost at UT. It was embarrassing. But we managed to regroup and actually beat good teams this season. Clemson should always win 10 games playing that schedule. But after week 1, the tigers didn't beat a good team all season. Playing 2 FCS teams doesn't help your case either.
Dabo knows how to spin it though. He knows as long as he can beat wake forest and GT every year, he gets a pass against the good teams on the schedule.
But I've always been a glass half kinda guy too so I appreciate his optimism and hope he stays right where he is for a long time.

Dec 29, 2013, 10:00 AM

These are the kind of statements by Dabo that make you turn your head sideways like a dog and wonder what the ####?

I don't even get the reason why he would make such a statement. It's like he just throws this stuff out there because he is perceiving that Clemson is not being respected enough. Why does he say "we would win 5/10" after getting an "R" rated pounding by FSU at home? Why did he go on "the rant"; even if Spurrier did say it, it was a benign comment....Spurrier has said much more biting comments against other teams and their coaches didn't react that way.

My personal opinion is that Dabo making these statements has less to do with Clemson and more to do with Dabo. He pulls out stats and makes comments all the time comparing his Clemson teams to Clemson seasons and games of the past. What is he trying to convince everyone of? Why can't Dabo just let his success on the field speak for itself and let everyone come to their own conclusions without trying to tell us all how we are supposed to think about things?

Personally, I find Dabo extremely interesting as a personality in the position he is in. I think there is something in Dabo's make-up that drives him to prove that he is deserving, that he is "good enough". It seems that when he perceives others may be questioning whether or not he is "good enough" is when he makes such strange statements. Clemson doesn't need to be defended by these odd comments, so it seems these comments come more from a defense of Dabo.

At some point Dabo will have a rough season, because all coaches do except Saban, and he will feel pressure from even his most ardent supporters. At that point we could be in for a season full of Dabo-isms.

So what happened to 2010 in his last five year comment?***

Dec 29, 2013, 10:12 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Dec 29, 2013, 10:45 AM

I read it again ...the top 12th...lol..it's so stupid ..you can't make it up...you just can't think that way..it sounds like an adolescent teenager ..

Dabo getting ripped by national media***

Dec 29, 2013, 1:00 PM

Re: Dabo getting ripped by national media***

Dec 29, 2013, 1:06 PM

and just who is doing the ripping

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic